Barnhill's restaurant
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Very disappointed

Beech Bluff, TN

#1 Sep 4, 2010
What in the world happened to Barnhill's? We haven't been there in a long time but ate there today and it was absolutely terrible. Everything was bad, the food, the dessert, the salad bar, the selection, the service. The dessert case was 3/4 of the way empty at 12:30 p.m. and looked like it hadn't been cleaned all week. The few pies and cakes in there looked old and contaminated. The salad bar has been changed to a very poor selection and some recipes are different and not good at all. People that work in there just hanging around talking with each other and looking nasty. Normally that place would've been full with people but today it was barely half full, if that. You had your choice of parking spaces and that never happens. We have been before where one thing or another might have been a little off but never has it been like today where everything was so bad. That place needs new management!
Harley

United States

#2 Sep 28, 2010
You got that right... it has changed i have noticed it as well!!
I agree

Jackson, TN

#3 Sep 28, 2010
My husband and I went in there not too long ago, and we haven't been back. Our waitress was pointing and giggling at us with another family that was eating there.. and everytime she'd fill our glasses (which was a rare occasion) she'd make the rudest face, wouldn't reply when we would thank her, then go straight to the peoples table near ours to point and giggle some more... I have no idea what they possibly could have been saying about us? We're no awkward looking people, we're actually a pretty attractive couple.. I don't know.. But I definitely shared some words with the waitress before we left, and I was much more rude to her than she could ever think about being. Also her manager wasn't happy at all..:]
There is one waitress that works there though who is very very nice. I can't remember her name? But she seems to work every Sunday that we went. She's tall, slender, white, has brown hair with a bit of a red tint to it thats to her shoulders, and most times has her sunglasses on top of her head. lol She's really sweet, and always remmebers us! If we do go back, we will only eat there if she is working.
But the foor has been pretty bad lately :/ everything just seems to have been setting out for a long time.. stale. and early in the day to.
Randy

Union City, TN

#4 Sep 28, 2010
I noticed the food selections are getting slim, they must be getting ready to go out of business.
Really

United States

#5 Sep 28, 2010
It's been awhile since I have eaten there, but it was not good, then, & that's why I've not been back. What a shame, maybe it's changed owners, & that's the problem.
Hammer

United States

#6 Sep 29, 2010
I clean carpet for a living and that carpet in barnhills is beyond cleaning. It is nasty and the first thing that people notice.
food

New Orleans, LA

#7 Oct 17, 2010
wiping feet

Since: Oct 10

Rogersville, AL

#9 Oct 31, 2010
I know a lot of people who go to Barnhill's and they enjoy the flavor and variety. The Price is right. I would not make generic statements about a company and not provide names and specifics to help the company improve. I believe there are a lot of people who complain about everything. I go to a lot of restaurants and I have never been to a restaurant that everything is bad and terrible. If you want to be helpful let them know specifics and names so that they can make changes and improve, if you want them to stay in business. No one who runs a business allows the things that 7 people who had comments about everything being bad,don't you think that the managers try the food and make adjustment. The same prep cook has been at Barnhills for years, I know, he is a friend of mine. I know the food is for the most part fresh and hot. This is what is wrong with thr internet, you can say whatever you want w/o being held accountable for what you say.

Jackson, TN

#10 Nov 2, 2010
you want to improve Barnhills? Remodel and offer a better variety of food....not just fried chicken and watermelon
barbara

United States

#11 Mar 7, 2011
I do not eat at any restaurant that cannot keep the smallest room in the building clean...at that is the restroom. Barnhill, Shoney's and Ryan's bathrooms are always fifty.
Kelly

Detroit, MI

#12 Mar 23, 2011
Sucks
wanna know

Collierville, TN

#13 Mar 23, 2011
I don't go there either. Jackson needs to improve on their choice of restaurants.
Agreed

Lexington, TN

#14 Mar 24, 2011
Yes, Jackson needs a wider variety/better selection!!!
what u said

Medon, TN

#15 Mar 26, 2011
this place sucks.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#16 Mar 26, 2011
barbara wrote:
I do not eat at any restaurant that cannot keep the smallest room in the building clean...at that is the restroom. Barnhill, Shoney's and Ryan's bathrooms are always fifty.
I agree with you,however, you're preaching to the choir here on Topix. Call your health dept. and ask for the inspectors department. Air you complaint with days,times,and exact situations. They will make note and have the inspector look and take action on next trip out. Five points here and ten points there doesn't look good on the posted report when you enter an establishment. If you don't take action and say nothing,you deserve that level of cleanness in all the area restaurants.

“Si vis pacem,para bellum!”

Since: Apr 10

Jackson, Tennessee

#17 Mar 28, 2011
We need a Golden Corral! Now THAT'S the way a buffett should be!
Big buck

United States

#18 Mar 29, 2011
The Otto Skorzenys Ghost wrote:
Yes That would be awesome!
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#19 Mar 30, 2011
The Otto Skorzenys Ghost wrote:
SOME of them get nasty too. It's all up to what the owners let the managers get away with. Any time you see problems with a chain place, look at the store# on your receipt and go online and register exactly what was wrong with exact times and names if possible. The folks at corporate have a better way of getting things fixed than the local wimpy "managers". Most chain places are ok, but I travel a lot and see some pretty nasty stuff in the big name places and wonder if some towns even have a health department. If you don't take the time to air you complaints, be happy and content to wallow in the filthy conditions.
dog

Lexington, TN

#20 Mar 31, 2011
Food is nasty! An most of the servers are rude. Ryan's is just ad bad! Jackson really needs a great buffet restaurant like golden corral.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#21 Apr 5, 2011
dog wrote:
Food is nasty! An most of the servers are rude. Ryan's is just ad bad! Jackson really needs a great buffet restaurant like golden corral.
To keep a good restaurant,a town has to support a good restaurant. They can't keep it open empty all week until Friday and Saturday night and Sunday after church. The servers can't live on no tips and the business can't make it filling the dumpster with un-eaten food. Think about it. Like the old saying; "Use it or lose it"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have You Cheated #4 4 min You are a loser 23
News Mary Winkler visit with children blocked by app... (Sep '07) 1 hr Shooteminthaback 46
Why do white men like black women? (Nov '15) 3 hr Sow reap repeat 106
ElmCroft 9 hr I know 4
Nurse RockDoc's Opinion Of Jackson [Video in Di... 10 hr sorry not sorry 20
Rocking dough 11 hr Guest 15
Expendables MC Club (Sep '12) 11 hr Cooper 46
Jackson Country Club (Jul '11) 23 hr Who cares 88
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages