State Farm Ins Claim - Need Advise
Lucas

Miami, FL

#21 Jun 12, 2012
If you go to a body shop the beat the shit out of you but if the insurance companies say it's cheaper it has to be? come on dude you work for the you help them to steal from us without knowing one day you could be kicked off the company, they rather send you a check because it's cheaper for them if they have to fix the car the body shop would beat the shit out of them and everybody nows that it is the truth, the will say okay here is your check for 1000 dollars you say no!!! fix my freaking car and give me a rental car lie Progressive does!!!
Lucas

Miami, FL

#22 Jun 12, 2012
Suck Up!!!
stylist

Jackson, TN

#23 Jun 12, 2012
the real slim shady wrote:
Wow...just..wow......adjuster. ..if you truly are an adjuster...you are the type of pompass asshole every individuat cringes at the thought of doing business with...blown away..i wrecked my 70,000 dollar brand new lifted diesel truck a year and a half ago...the douche that pulled out in front of me had one type of insurance...and i had another...his insurance company came out and wrote a 3,800 estimate on my truck..and cut me a check on the spot.....i was irate ...they wrote for aftermarket parts...and wouldn't pay for a damaged intercooler because it was still functional....i called my agent..and was told hey...don't stress it...we'll send an adjuster right out...3 days and $12,346 later..my truck was in the dealership gettin fixed...call your agent. They will fix your car..and sue the other person's insurance company to be refunded....that's why you pay your premiums
best advice!!!
Janet from Wyoming

Great Falls, MT

#24 Jul 28, 2012
adjuster wrote:
Hi, in response to the original poster, i'm a policy adjuster for over 19 years.The insurance company who is liable for the claim, in this case SF only has an obligation to what is standard and customary. Just because your vehicle was damaged, does not mean they will pay excessive charges.since you're the owner of the damaged vehicle, the situation itself will probably require you to shop around to find the most inexpensive solution. It works just like for instance, you work for a company who will once every two years pay for prescription safety glasses. The catch is that they have a limit on what they will pay. This way, the employees can get what they need, but maybe not exactly what they would like. If 400.00 is what they sent, you will have to make it work. Your insurance has absolutely nothing to do with this portion of the claim, so they won't be able to help you on it. Honestly it sounds to me like you're looking to make some additional monies from the deal. Just so you know, if you for some odd reason do manage to squeeze some additional money out of them, the check will likely then be made out to the body shop. If I were in your shoes, I would be thankful for them to handle my claim this quickly. So don't try to stiff us. We play hardball. The reason insurance companies have plenty of cash is because we don't just give every crook what they ask for. Mike P
I bought a brand new Chrysler 300 C April 6, 2012. My parked car was hit, by a Sate Farm Insurance holder on June 5th. They finally sent an adjustor to see my car, I had 2 estimates. And yet they only sent me a check for 800 less than the lowest estimate. I cannot find anyone to fix my car for the amounty they sent me. They want to substitue a standard headlight for my High Intensity XXenon, RT heaadlight. Now what do I do????
Janet from Wyoming

Great Falls, MT

#25 Jul 28, 2012
I bought a brand new Chrysler 300C April 6, 2012. My PARKED car was hit by a State Farm Insurace Holder on Jue 5, 2012. He was sied with hit andrun and a few other things. 2 witnesses called the police then came and found me. Oficer took pictures etc. Fnally State farm send and adjustor, I had 2 estimates the day after the accident. His insurance sent me a check for $800 less than he lowest estimate. They want to substifute a standard headlight for my High Intensity Xenon RT headlight. What can I do??? I can't afford to pay the addditional 800 its either fix the light or the bumper at this price. Please someone help me.
getanother

Medina, TN

#26 Jul 28, 2012
1st off do not accept the check. Get estimates from other body shops. Most will do them for free. 400 seems very low. They would not even cover a bumper if it needed to be replaced. I was rear ended while sitting at a stop sign also, the other insurance called me I went to their adjuster, they quoted me 1200.00 my car it is not new. Actually it is a 1994. They sent me a check I was able to get it fixed at the body shop of my choice. State farm is just trying to get by on the cheapest they can, that means reusing parts, including screws, bolts & other parts that should be replaced but state farm wants to reuse them. It's not safe, will not last. Body work on vehicles is very expensive.
Anonymous

Memphis, TN

#27 Jul 29, 2012
I'd figure that State Farm would have a preferred shop you could use that would smooth things along. My experience is that those guys are good and easy to work with.
Ins comp is the crook

Memphis, TN

#28 Jan 9, 2016
adjuster wrote:
Hi, in response to the original poster, i'm a policy adjuster for over 19 years.The insurance company who is liable for the claim, in this case SF only has an obligation to what is standard and customary. Just because your vehicle was damaged, does not mean they will pay excessive charges.since you're the owner of the damaged vehicle, the situation itself will probably require you to shop around to find the most inexpensive solution. It works just like for instance, you work for a company who will once every two years pay for prescription safety glasses. The catch is that they have a limit on what they will pay. This way, the employees can get what they need, but maybe not exactly what they would like. If 400.00 is what they sent, you will have to make it work. Your insurance has absolutely nothing to do with this portion of the claim, so they won't be able to help you on it. Honestly it sounds to me like you're looking to make some additional monies from the deal. Just so you know, if you for some odd reason do manage to squeeze some additional money out of them, the check will likely then be made out to the body shop. If I were in your shoes, I would be thankful for them to handle my claim this quickly. So don't try to stiff us. We play hardball. The reason insurance companies have plenty of cash is because we don't just give every crook what they ask for. Mike P
The adjuster is the crook!!! Some people like myself are not looking to make money but we are looking to have our vehicles to be repaired back to the state it was before the accident!!!
In The Know

Jackson, TN

#29 Jan 9, 2016
An estimate is just that, an estimated amount. Once the repair begins and the vehicle is torn down there's often additional damage found. The shop will contact the adjustor and they will pay the shop for any additional charges. When you obtain an estimate from a body shop they're obviously writing it to make money and not per specific company guidelines vs an adjustor estimate is written only on what is seen and known to be absolute and per policy guidelines. An insurance policy is actually a legal contract between the insured and the company. The company can only cover what you've been paying a premium for and nothing more. If you are hit and going thru the other persons carrier they have to provide you with something to drive and they will pay you, if you ask, for the diminished value once all repairs are complete. You do not need an attorney but that is always your option however the insurance company will not pay anymore or different because an attorney is involved. You will actually end up with less once the attorney takes their fees.
Abcd

Forrest City, AR

#30 Jan 11, 2016
If it's repairable then it's repairable.
Ronald McDonald

Foley, AL

#31 Jan 11, 2016
Blown Away wrote:
I called my ins. and the were very helpful but because I have 1000 deductable and the estimate was less than my deductable they said by law they could not get involved. If the est. had been for $1001 then they would have been able to step in fix the car then go after State Farm.
Thank you all for your help and advice
you are entitled to compensation for your car being devalued by the accident. It will show up on carfax or autocheck and hurt your wallet when you sell or trade your car.

Since: Jan 16

Location hidden

#32 Jan 11, 2016
Take it to a reputable body shop with the estimate that State Farm gave you and that body shop will file a supplement for any additional monies needed to complete the job.
Most insurance companies do that especially if you say that you don't know what body shop you are going to use.

Since: Jan 16

Location hidden

#33 Jan 11, 2016
Once the repairs are done then diminished value comes into play as long as the vehicle has not been in an accident before.
FYI, you cannot collect diminished value if you are the insured. Claimants are the only ones who can claim diminished value.
Abcd

Jackson, TN

#34 Jan 12, 2016
Diminished value is not owed in the state of TN. It can be paid but legally not owed.
E_S_A_D

Matawan, NJ

#35 Jan 12, 2016
I don't know that I've ever seen so much false information in one thread in my life.

The entire thread is filled with nonsense and mindless babble based on "facts" someone pulled our of his butt.

I can't even bring myself to try to add correct information as the nonsense spewers refuse to be educated.
Abcd

Forrest City, AR

#36 Jan 12, 2016
E_S_A_D wrote:
I don't know that I've ever seen so much false information in one thread in my life.
The entire thread is filled with nonsense and mindless babble based on "facts" someone pulled our of his butt.
I can't even bring myself to try to add correct information as the nonsense spewers refuse to be educated.
You are correct. The majority have no idea what they are talking about. A bunch of experts in their own minds. Obviously everyone is always owed more than what is owed and have no idea about the law.
Ronald McDonald

Foley, AL

#37 Jan 12, 2016
E_S_A_D wrote:
I don't know that I've ever seen so much false information in one thread in my life.
The entire thread is filled with nonsense and mindless babble based on "facts" someone pulled our of his butt.
I can't even bring myself to try to add correct information as the nonsense spewers refuse to be educated.
Once again you chime in like you are the smartest person in the world.
E_S_A_D

Matawan, NJ

#38 Jan 13, 2016
Ronald McDonald wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you chime in like you are the smartest person in the world.
No, I know NOT to chime in when I have no clue what I'm talking about. Others in this thread have not learned that lesson yet.

The "adjuster" was flat out lying. No adjuster would ever say such uneducated nonsense.
Ronald McDonald

Bay Minette, AL

#39 Jan 14, 2016
E_S_A_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I know NOT to chime in when I have no clue what I'm talking about. Others in this thread have not learned that lesson yet.
The "adjuster" was flat out lying. No adjuster would ever say such uneducated nonsense.
Enlightened us then wise one
Ben There

Moscow, TN

#40 Jan 18, 2016
I carry a $250.00 deductable.
S F agent tried to discourage me because it would add so much to my premium.
I asked how much is "so much?"
$28.00 a year.
Call your agent and get the lowest deductable you can get.
I if ever have a major claim I will have my attorney negotiate for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump is not a mastermind 32 min HotFirstMomma 69
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD (Mar '15) 1 hr Say watt 1,224
BanCorp female employees 4 hr Northern 8
Dr DoolittleDouche 5 hr Randall 8
Asia Garden --- Yay or Nay? 5 hr anon m. mouse 25
Danielle at Hali's 5 hr daym people 9
Lisa Houston law firm 6 hr popgoestheweesil 1
Downtown Jackson (Jan '15) 8 hr Curious 174
WWBBJ News 9 hr DlAP99 32

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages