Madison county schools

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned parent

Jackson, TN

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Whats going on with this school district? They need to get a real director of schools. Buddy White needs to go, he has been moved so many time because of his Incompetence, but now he is running our schools. Maybe he can get a position with Nancy at the state dept. that's where everyone that is incompetent seems to go, Marlon King, Nancy Zambito ect. Our good teachers are leaving, if they are not run off. It's a good ol boy system is all I hear, that's crap, it's time we stand up for our schools, teachers, staff, and kids, they don't deserve this. We need discipline and respect back in our schools. Search committee go find someone who will put our schools on the right track.
waiting room

United States

#2 Jul 11, 2012
The Jackson schools are like juvenile detention facilities- I would HATE to be a kid going to any of these schools.
Amherst

Jackson, TN

#3 Jul 11, 2012
What you described is exacting what zambito was trying to do. Bring some discipline into the schools but she got ran off. Sad sad.
dont think so

United States

#4 Jul 12, 2012
Exactly what kind of discipline was she trying to bring? She was scared of lawsuits so she tied teachers hands on paddling and made it where principals preferred not to. Now look at how bad behavior has gotten in the schools.
Yall All Crazy

Jackson, TN

#5 Jul 12, 2012
THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUCK in Madison County because of all the GHETTO NIGNOGS. It is NOT EVER going to get better because those who can afford private school have left or moved away and are NEVER coming back.
JXNWASGR8

Jackson, TN

#6 Jul 12, 2012
It is a shame the school board and others have allowed this system to become one of the worst in the state. Yes, they have allowed it . No one has had the guts it takes to actually put his/her foot down and demand the public have its school back. They have coward down to being politically correct, and the good students who are still in the system are paying the price. People move to Jackson and know they will have to pay an arm and leg to go to a private school, or they move to a nearby county. The school board continues to NOT listen. They do not care about the citizens of this county; they just care about their own local position. They keep tossing around the idea of neighborhood schools~ who has the kahoonguz(?) to actually make it happen?

United States

#7 Jul 12, 2012
My children go to private school, however I would love for them to be able to go to public school but I would NEVER send them into that mess. They would be homeschooled if they were not able to go to private school. It's a shame. I have friends who are very involved with the public school system and try very hard to make it a better environment for all students not just their children. The problem is not just the system itself but the parents. When you raise children to believe everyone owes you something, the believe they are owed passing grades even though they didn't earn them. I heard if you have a "C" average you don't have to take the midterm or final exam. If that's true and you have a "C" average you need a refresher course!
really

United States

#8 Jul 12, 2012
Well I'm white FYI and I actually enjoyed going to the public schools of nova, north east, and north side all of my life. I never had any problems at all and it gave me a better experience of life than a private school could have ever offered. All I can say I would take my public school experience over a private school any day.

Jackson, TN

#9 Jul 12, 2012
really wrote:
Well I'm white FYI and I actually enjoyed going to the public schools of nova, north east, and north side all of my life. I never had any problems at all and it gave me a better experience of life than a private school could have ever offered. All I can say I would take my public school experience over a private school any day.
Well I'm also white and grew up in public school in my hometown and never had any issues or complaints either. I certainly would prefer for my children to go the public school because for the past 11 years I've been paying for their education twice!! My tax dollars which are funding the school, every free breakfast lunch supper snack program known to man, uniforms, supplies and whatever needs parents are not taking responsibility for. I am not wealthy by any means and it is a sacrifice to send them to private school but I would not subject them to that environment at any cost. I know there are many well mannered respectable students and teachers in public school, however I'm not willing to risk my children's welfare among the rest. Disruptive students cost the school system and students that are unfortunate to be in the same class with them. At least in private school, you cause trouble, you're gone! Too bad there is no assistance available for hard working parents trying to do the best they can for their children.
teacher

Jackson, TN

#10 Jul 12, 2012
As is the case most of the time, only the negative is heard. There are many wonderful things going on in our public schools each and every day. Is it perfect, no. Is it reality? You betcha. While I have had minor instances of disrespect or laziness from some students, the majority of students are respectful, hard-working and caring. While I do believe administration and the board could do much more, I am a firm believer in our public schools. I can afford private school, but both of my children attend public schools. I also teach within the JMCSS. Please don't think badly of the teachers and students because of the administration issues. I love what I do.
JXNWASGR8

Jackson, TN

#11 Jul 12, 2012
Are you listening, school board?
Answer: No
Response: what a shame
Community voice: what ARE you here for?
Guest also

United States

#12 Jul 12, 2012
really wrote:
Well you can't really say because you didn't have the opportunity to experience a private school setting. You have nothing to compare your experience to except what you've heard.
JCMALUM

Jackson, TN

#13 Jul 12, 2012
Well I am a white woman who graduated from JCM in 2003 and LOVED every minute of it!!! But point blank there is no way I will put my children in this wreck of a school system we have now!!!! Public schools are not what they once were. And the children run a lot of the classes not the teacher!
Yeppers

Jackson, TN

#14 Jul 13, 2012
I graduated from JCM myself. However, my daughter is homeschooled after too many referrals from Liberty. I would get calls at my work at least 3 times a week for things like her cellphone, shirt untucked, jeans too tight...things that could have been handled there. I bet there are more teachers who send their children to private schools than public in our county.
referrals

Jackson, TN

#15 Jul 13, 2012
Maybe if you checked your child before she left home to ensure she was wearing the proper clothes, you wouldn't have gotten the calls. Geesh, another example of moms an dads expecting the schools to parent their children.
Yeppers wrote:
I graduated from JCM myself. However, my daughter is homeschooled after too many referrals from Liberty. I would get calls at my work at least 3 times a week for things like her cellphone, shirt untucked, jeans too tight...things that could have been handled there. I bet there are more teachers who send their children to private schools than public in our county.
exhibit A

Jackson, TN

#16 Jul 13, 2012
Yeppers wrote:
This is exactly what is wrong with our school system.....folks it is not the schools responsibility to dress your kids or make sure they do not have a phone in school-----its yours!!! Geez!!

Jackson, TN

#17 Jul 13, 2012
All those people that sent their kids to private schools or home school their kids need a reality check! It's like putting a glass cube around your kids and telling them to go play outside!

If you don't like living here move out! It's that easy! If you do like living here, accept your enviroment and sent your child to a public school instead of alienating it from the real world.

The only thing you are doing is hiding your child from the enviroment that you have choosen. Do you really want your child to be that naive???

And yes, I'm white and yes, I don't like black people comitting crimes in this area either but at least I don't close my eyes for it like you seem to do!

Jackson, TN

#18 Jul 13, 2012
Having said that, when are Madison County schools going to modernize?

Those phone messages from schools at the strangest hours and way too short notice are really annoying. We have e-mail now, hello wake up?

And that bussystem is also outdated! Not being able to see where the stops are and time schedule is really not smart.

And last but not least, how about an up to date calendar and not one that comes 3 weeks before school? Some people like to plan ahead you know instead of getting a schedule 1 month before.

Oh and stop sending all that paperwork home with the kids will ya? It's also outdated, not efficient and a waste of trees! Again, time to start using e-mails!

United States

#19 Jul 14, 2012
Guest wrote:
All those people that sent their kids to private schools or home school their kids need a reality check! It's like putting a glass cube around your kids and telling them to go play outside!

If you don't like living here move out! It's that easy! If you do like living here, accept your enviroment and sent your child to a public school instead of alienating it from the real world.

The only thing you are doing is hiding your child from the enviroment that you have choosen. Do you really want your child to be that naive???

And yes, I'm white and yes, I don't like black people comitting crimes in this area either but at least I don't close my eyes for it like you seem to do!
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen. The school in my area does not reflect the "environment" I chose to live in. These kids are not our neighbors. That's why my kids go to private school! The reality they know is that you have to work for what you want. You can sit around and let the govt support you and take what you want or you can work hard and support yourself and not be "ghetto"! It's a choice to make a better life for yourself or you're children.
SORITE

Jackson, TN

#20 Jul 14, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen. The school in my area does not reflect the "environment" I chose to live in. These kids are not our neighbors. That's why my kids go to private school! The reality they know is that you have to work for what you want. You can sit around and let the govt support you and take what you want or you can work hard and support yourself and not be "ghetto"! It's a choice to make a better life for yourself or you're children.
THIS IS WHY NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOLS WOULD BE A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. This would be the ONLY thing that would possibly turn our awful public school system into a positive one in which people would be proud to support. Why does the school board and local government not hear what the people are saying on this issue.. hello... this has been ignored for years (since Zambito)... do they not care about our city's reputation?... guess not... but it does reflect on them as well... maybe they never thought of that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taylor Laird-Crazy Women in Jackson 4 min guest 5
who are good custody lawyers? 11 min Sammy 2
Union student trial 14 min Marathon runner 6
Bob Alvey editorial 1 hr Dig a little 23
Muse Park Body 1 hr smdh 27
Englewood Baptist Church 1 hr Love the show 143
Dixie Castle Airways 1 hr dingo 62
carloss 10 hr confused 23
More from around the web

Jackson People Search