First Prev
of 5
Next Last
community member

Medon, TN

#1 Apr 9, 2013
I am going to be honest most of Jackson's crime comes from Lane college. The Mayor is working on shutting down the clubs now if he honestly wants to stop the problem Lane needs to go as well.
i hit it

Tucker, GA

#2 Apr 9, 2013
community member wrote:
I am going to be honest most of Jackson's crime comes from Lane college. The Mayor is working on shutting down the clubs now if he honestly wants to stop the problem Lane needs to go as well.
. Amen
Maybe

Jackson, TN

#3 Apr 9, 2013
Both of them need to be shut down. Some of the clubs and the college as well.
Proud Lanite

Tucker, GA

#4 Apr 9, 2013
LOL! Really... Uhm No!! The problem stems from your local, homegrown Jacksonians. I have witnessed it first hand, locals taking up issues with students simply because they're not from here. It's been that way for years. And trust me, if Lane students are involved in any illegal behavior, Dr. McClure has no problem sending them home. I get sick and tired of people trying to down Lane College, get your facts straight before you get on here talking what you know nothing about.

La Vergne, TN

#5 Apr 9, 2013
Ask any police officer and they will tell you that most of our crime is juv crime! Some will tell you the reason. It is our weak juv judge!!! She needs to go!!!
negative

Medon, TN

#6 Apr 9, 2013
I see it everyday young men and women getting arrested saying they go to lane. Usually outsiders that are attending lane. I will say this you are right it is the jacksonians fault they should have done somethIng already about this school.
Jacksonian_Alumn ae

United States

#7 Apr 9, 2013
The problems that Jackson have are not from those who attend Lane College. Its funny that one would suggest that the college is closed, yet when Homecoming comes around, area liquor stores, hotels, restaurants, and other venues welcome the college. This says to me that the people who are associated with the college money is good,but they are not. I do not see gigantic signs welcoming Union or Lambuth's Alumni to patronize liquor stores.....the problem with this city is not Lane College, it is the parents who will not parent, the closed minded citizens, the lack of change and diversity and lets not forget....the good ol boy way of life!

Jackson, TN

#8 Apr 9, 2013
Shut em down!!!!!!
look twice

Cordova, TN

#9 Apr 9, 2013
Just look around. It is so easy to blame the blacks. But, look at all the white kids drugging, drinking, and raising hell. Regardless of what color, I look back and ask what kind of parental guidance did any of the trouble makers receive, black or white?

By the way, I am white! Now I expect to be called a lot of names. However, I don't care. Just LOOK TWICE.
Funny u say that

Medon, TN

#10 Apr 9, 2013
It is very funny you say the bussiness welcome lane homecoming the place in which I work baned lane students from using the place due to the fact they destroy every venue they use or a shooting occurs.
no way

Medon, TN

#11 Apr 9, 2013
Look twice no one indicated it was just about blacks lane does allow other races in that school. So I say to you quit assuming!
what i saw

Jackson, TN

#12 Apr 9, 2013
I happened to see first hand a family pull their kid from lane they drove in from out of state because of all the stuff going on over there. He was robbed at gun point in his dorm. The school asked him not to make it a public issue because they don't want anyone thinking ill of the school. So how much do we not hear about? I believe we need Lane there, but do we need a different administration? A different direction? I think lane is a asset if it is run correctly.
Blue eyed devil

Jackson, TN

#13 Apr 9, 2013
Shut that whole side of town down!!! Nothing good comes from over there
AlrightyThen

Dallas, TX

#14 Apr 9, 2013
That "college" hasn't produced a graduate that's up to par in a decade. It used to be a place where one could get an education. Now, they "graduate" and can't pass the GRE or MCAT or even the Praxis. They can't write in complete sentences unless they learned it in high school before they got there. It's certainly not required of them while they're at Lane. They MAKE the teachers pass everyone who shows up to class. They might earn a 40, but you can bet your ass the professor will get raked over the coals if they actually give a student a 40. They call it "rounding up."

As for why businesses welcome alumni during homecoming? They're mostly advertising to people who live right here in Jackson. Every black person in the '01 thinks they've got to see and be seen that weekend. And you can be sure they're showing their asses--spending like crazy, getting drunk while they're walking down the street at the parade, etc. I'm sure if white people or black people or purple people did that for Lambuth's homecoming, liquor stores and gas stations would put up signs welcoming them to come in drunk and spend money like there's no tomorrow. But that kind of celebrating only happens for Lane.

I don't know about the drime rate on campus or among students off campus, but you know what? Because of what I DO know (see above,) I know that Lane is nothing but a blight on this city. It should go. It serves no higher education purpose whatsoever.
look twice

Cordova, TN

#15 Apr 9, 2013
no way wrote:
Look twice no one indicated it was just about blacks lane does allow other races in that school. So I say to you quit assuming!
I know! I had T.R. White as a professor.
huh

Fallston, MD

#16 Apr 9, 2013
Proud Lanite wrote:
LOL! Really... Uhm No!! The problem stems from your local, homegrown Jacksonians. I have witnessed it first hand, locals taking up issues with students simply because they're not from here. It's been that way for years. And trust me, if Lane students are involved in any illegal behavior, Dr. McClure has no problem sending them home. I get sick and tired of people trying to down Lane College, get your facts straight before you get on here talking what you know nothing about.
So you are saying Lane's students are powerless to resist the criminal influence of the native local homegrown population of Jackson?

Oh now I see your saying, the Lane students that are not local are from a different gang so the local gangs "take up issues with rival gangs? is that it?

I just find it difficult to understated the mentality. I mean Union, UM and Freed have students from all over the world yet I don't see local homegrown Jacksonians taking up issues with these outsiders and ending up in the emergency room. Instead we see the opposite. The students of other local colleges and the local community function in harmony.

Henderson, TN

#17 Apr 9, 2013
Lane is a cash cow for federal money.
AlrightyThen is correct. They pass everyone no matter how bad the grade.
Lane was not always like that. Of course that was before McClure ..
Didn't they have their teacher acridetation suspended ???
Close it down. Nothing but a ca$h cow!!!!

Lexington, TN

#18 Apr 9, 2013
They need to investigate Coke Head McClure, just focus on his Drug Running Flunky Donald, it is known around campus that he is on the payroll, has free roam of the college and his only job is to run crack and coke for the Prez,, ask around campus, everyone knows who he is !!!!
Rambo

Prattville, AL

#19 Apr 9, 2013
Guest wrote:
Ask any police officer and they will tell you that most of our crime is juv crime! Some will tell you the reason. It is our weak juv judge!!! She needs to go!!!
You get the award for the most stupid post in Internet history! The problem with juvi crime is not a weak juvi judge. The problem is with weak or zero parenting and when the parents speak to them and act like barbaric thugs what else do you expect the kids to be?
Anonymous

Tucker, GA

#20 Apr 9, 2013
Hands down jacksonian_alumnae

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for fun 3 min Looking 1
City to fire 1 hr guest 2
Downtown Jackson 1 hr visitor 341
DumbDung is going after Shane Paar 2 hr Guest 15
Swirlers 2 hr Local Guy 18
Shane Paar Sheriff Woolfork knowingly hired de... (Sep '12) 3 hr One who knows 31
Which is better - Catholic church or Baptist? (Mar '17) 3 hr Vildo Jack 683

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages