Jackson Preparatory School
Master in my own mind

Selma, AL

#110 Sep 11, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts are: kids who go to JPS are behind in academics when compared to kids from other public and private schools, kids from jps are not supervised during school hours and skip class to hang out in the woods and portables, kids at jps don't have anyone helping them prepare for college or even encouraging them to go to college
Where are your "facts" coming from?!?!? It seems like that "fancy" School that you claim your children go to might have taught you and your kids about scientific theory. When you propose an "hypothesis", it is simply that a HYPOTHESIS. My children were at a much larger private school here in town and I watched their SAT scores improve by TWO GRADE LEVELS once they had been at JPS for a year. That, sir is a FACT not a speculation!!!! In addition, comparisons to other PRIVATE SCHOOLS is part of the statistical data sheet we receive after our students have taken the SAT's each year. According to my children's data they scored in the 75% percentile or above in each academic area compared to OTHER PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!! I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT JCS, TCA, USJ are included in those statistics. I am no rocket scientist but I understand percentile ranks. Next time you decide to give falsified data that is based on... well NOTHING, don't do it!!!! Thank you!!!
Guest

Jackson, TN

#111 Sep 11, 2012
Master in my own mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are your "facts" coming from?!?!? It seems like that "fancy" School that you claim your children go to might have taught you and your kids about scientific theory. When you propose an "hypothesis", it is simply that a HYPOTHESIS. My children were at a much larger private school here in town and I watched their SAT scores improve by TWO GRADE LEVELS once they had been at JPS for a year. That, sir is a FACT not a speculation!!!! In addition, comparisons to other PRIVATE SCHOOLS is part of the statistical data sheet we receive after our students have taken the SAT's each year. According to my children's data they scored in the 75% percentile or above in each academic area compared to OTHER PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!! I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT JCS, TCA, USJ are included in those statistics. I am no rocket scientist but I understand percentile ranks. Next time you decide to give falsified data that is based on... well NOTHING, don't do it!!!! Thank you!!!
Did your J.Prep teacher fail to mention that they go over the questions for the test...before they give it at Prep? I think my kid would score in the 100th percentile if they were given the questions and answers before the test, not the 75th. I know this because I had a friend who showed me copies of the test that the teacher gave out and went over before they gave the actual test. The kid even said the "practice" test was the SAME exact questions as the real test.
guest

Jackson, TN

#112 Sep 11, 2012
I know someone whose kid made straight A's at Jackson Prep in 1st grade. They left in 2nd grade to go to Jackson Christian. JCS put the kid back in 1st grade because he was so far behind.

That is a FACT.
Guest

United States

#113 Sep 12, 2012
guest wrote:
I know someone whose kid made straight A's at Jackson Prep in 1st grade. They left in 2nd grade to go to Jackson Christian. JCS put the kid back in 1st grade because he was so far behind.

That is a FACT.
Well I know a guy who knows a girl who knows another guy that told me that you are crazy. Should I take that as fact?
There are numerous reasons that a child should be held back and you are taking what someone told you as fact. You were not sitting in the office when those parents were told that there child was going to be held back. So you cannot state it as fact. Did you see their report card? Do you know if they paid their tuition to JPS? If not, their grades would not be released. Do you know if they left because JPS told them that there child needed to repeat the 1st grade?
Have you ever even walked into JPS? You should. I think that you would be very surprised by what you see. They actually have class and are taught by real teachers who are concerned about the kids they teach.
just asking

Jackson, TN

#114 Sep 12, 2012
Does Jackson prep offer advanced courses. Foreign language, advanced math and science courses? Do the teachers specialize in that subject? For example I wouldn't want my child to go to a teacher with a major in math for his French class. Or do you have jack of all trade teachers?
guest

Jackson, TN

#118 Sep 12, 2012
just asking wrote:
Does Jackson prep offer advanced courses. Foreign language, advanced math and science courses? Do the teachers specialize in that subject? For example I wouldn't want my child to go to a teacher with a major in math for his French class. Or do you have jack of all trade teachers?
No. No. and No.

The math teacher isn't a certified teacher.
just asking

Jackson, TN

#119 Sep 13, 2012
Does prep offer calculus, physics, biology, chemistry, a foreign language to help kids prepare for college? All other schools do. If not, they are not up to par.
Anonymous

United States

#120 Sep 13, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No. No. and No.
The math teacher isn't a certified teacher.
Please feel free to come to one of our PPC meetings or board meetings. You must be a part of our school, I am. BTW for a private school you don't have to be certified :) We offer Spanish, Biology, Geometry and we are trying to get more electives for our children. What you fail to realize is these people are like family to us.
Guest

United States

#121 Sep 14, 2012
notthereanymore75 wrote:
<quoted text> Please feel free to come to one of our PPC meetings or board meetings. You must be a part of our school, I am. BTW for a private school you don't have to be certified :) We offer Spanish, Biology, Geometry and we are trying to get more electives for our children. What you fail to realize is these people are like family to us.
I came to a meeting last year along with a bunch of other parents. We told the board how we felt. They listened, but they didn't fix anything. So we didn't re-enroll.
Anonymous

United States

#122 Sep 14, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I came to a meeting last year along with a bunch of other parents. We told the board how we felt. They listened, but they didn't fix anything. So we didn't re-enroll.
Well knowing this has been the best start of a school year we have seen I guess it is safe to say you and yours are not missed. Many of the drama starters are gone. Kids are very happy and thriving. I wish you and yours the best life has to offer. Thank you for your concerns but if you have nothing to offer then go away :)
guest

Jackson, TN

#123 Sep 14, 2012
notthereanymore75 wrote:
<quoted text>Well knowing this has been the best start of a school year we have seen I guess it is safe to say you and yours are not missed. Many of the drama starters are gone. Kids are very happy and thriving. I wish you and yours the best life has to offer. Thank you for your concerns but if you have nothing to offer then go away :)
I guess it is also SAFE to say you don't miss the tuition that my family, along with the 100 other families that pulled out, paid.
Guest

Jackson, TN

#124 Sep 29, 2012
Guest wrote:
Earth to all you folks...
Sacred heart has nonstudents playing sports for them too!
Your point? They are homeschooled students and high school age. The Middle Tennessee conference that SHJ is a part of has rules just like TSSAA. However, I'm not sure that JPS is even in the conference. They are not listed as a conference team with the MTAC. That would explain why they are cheating.

Oh, and TSSAA allows homeschoolers, too. They changed the rule. For private schools, they must pay full tuition in order to play on the team, but can play for a public school if zoned for that school, I believe.
Ali93tn

Tucker, GA

#125 Dec 17, 2012
Okay Jackson prep was a great school!!! I loved it there and I agree with Bobbie Ann stop talking crap about Jackson prep at least it is still open
slam

Jackson, TN

#126 Dec 17, 2012
Ali93tn wrote:
Okay Jackson prep was a great school!!! I loved it there and I agree with Bobbie Ann stop talking crap about Jackson prep at least it is still open
You hate Jackson prep
guest

Jackson, TN

#127 Dec 17, 2012
Ali93tn wrote:
Okay Jackson prep was a great school!!! I loved it there and I agree with Bobbie Ann stop talking crap about Jackson prep at least it is still open
It may be still open, but parents will learn their lesson when all their kids flunk out of college.

Oh yea, they're probably not going to college.
ohhhh yeahhhh

Jackson, TN

#128 Dec 18, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>It may be still open, but parents will learn their lesson when all their kids flunk out of college.

Oh yea, they're probably not going to college.
Your kids will cuz I paid your momma to slob on deezzzzz nuts
guest

Jackson, TN

#129 Dec 18, 2012
ohhhh yeahhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kids will cuz I paid your momma to slob on deezzzzz nuts
A fine example of that J.Prep edu-ma-cation
ohhhh yeahhhh

Jackson, TN

#130 Dec 18, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>A fine example of that J.Prep edu-ma-cation
Never been there but your momma loves to take it from behind
guest

Jackson, TN

#131 Dec 18, 2012
ohhhh yeahhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been there but your momma loves to take it from behind
only from your dad and little brother
ohhhh yeahhhh

Jackson, TN

#132 Dec 18, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>only from your dad and little brother
Wait she said she likes it from my dad and little brother? I'm pissed she told me I was the best. But she may be confused and thought it was them when we were running the train on her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A price 3 min me 11
Pay Raise Revoked 4 Pastor 4 min De honey Travel 9
Bible Verse of the Day 13 min GnFnR 167
Itty Bitty Weenie Committee 52 min Jesse Moore 6
sacred heart staff 1 hr Really 6
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD (Mar '15) 2 hr KitKaboodle 2,161
How to renew my nursing license 2 hr Tramadol sprinkles 5
Holly Bobo trial Wed Guest 54

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages