Jackson Preparatory School

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Inquiring Minds

Cabot, AR

#1 Nov 1, 2010
Thinking about sending my kids to Jackson Preparatory school.
Good Idea?? Yea or Nay???
WHOA NELLIE

United States

#2 Nov 1, 2010
Great family oriented school! Just remember...you get out of it, what you put in. The more you are involved, the more rewarding the school is. We really enjoyed being a part of the growing school!

Adamsville, AL

#3 Nov 1, 2010
just don't believe anything that larry & beverly lowerance tell you!!! The teachers are wonderful!! They really care for the kids!!! If the lowerances were not there, it would be perfect!!
Dont Hate

Jackson, TN

#4 Nov 1, 2010
guest wrote:
just don't believe anything that larry & beverly lowerance tell you!!! The teachers are wonderful!! They really care for the kids!!! If the lowerances were not there, it would be perfect!!
The Lowrances are the reason this school is still open. Don't be a hater on them. They are fair and they don't play favorites. Just remember...going to school there is a choice.....you could always go to another private school where you are only popular if you donate tons of money. This school is for working families who aren't rich or ritzy. I do agree with you about the teachers. They treat your children like their own and they communicate with you daily.
burrbie

Jackson, TN

#5 Nov 1, 2010
Little Larry Lowrance? That guy talks to hear himself talk and has a bit of a Napoleon complex.
Dont Hate

Jackson, TN

#7 Nov 2, 2010
lying wrote:
I agree with guest & burrbie! I have caught him in so many lies! That is the reason we are not there! Like I said the teachers are awesome!! Which says alot about what kind of person I think larry is!! I don't understand how he can call himself a christian! This is a private school founded on christian principals....he should not be the leader of this type of school!! Anyone who lies to everyone & treats these wonderful teachers so horrible. He does not back his teachers. I know this personally! He stabs them in the back to save a dollar!!! So I agree...dont believe anything larry says!!!
What lies? Please be more specific because I have close ties to the school and the Lowrances. I have NEVER had either of them lie to me or my children. He does not treat his teachers horrible....you are wrong. You are running a school and his character in the ground. Are you Christian? You sure not acting like it and I will pray for God to control your tongue. Take your children to USJ or Jackson Christian for a while, then you will be begging to come back to Jackson Prep. The Lowrances are fair to all and they don't play favorites unlike other private schools.
lying

United States

#8 Nov 2, 2010
yes...he does treat the teachers horrible! I was a teacher out there & he stabed me in the back. He treated Ms. Cheryl horrible, he treated another teacher badly. This was all during the same month!! When you hire outsiders ro teach grades & subjects that you already have people quialified to teach & then offer those teacher part time positions or teacher asst positions!!! That my friend is treating the teachers horrible!! I have caught him in several other lies! Plus when you go into a teachers classroom or corner preschool teachers in the hall & start yelling @ them in front of students & parents!! Well that's not treating them good do ya think!! Also when a mother walks up behind him while he is yelling @ her daughter & then tries to pretend he was not yelling @ her when he realizes that the mother is there...well if you still think he is the greateat then that's fine...but I would not spit on him if he was on fire!! & yes I am a christian but when you have teachers that go above & beyond what they get paid for & he stabs them in the back...u sort of have a bad taste in your mouth!!
money hungry

Jackson, TN

#9 Nov 2, 2010
Sounds like you are one of those "qualified" teachers who was pushed out of a job and offered the assistant position. FYI: Lowrance is a business man and knows that if he fired you, then you could draw unemployment....but if you resigned....then you couldn't draw unemployment. Lowrance knows what he is doing and knows how to do it where it won't cost him or the school money. He weeded out without using any gas in his weed eater.
lying wrote:
yes...he does treat the teachers horrible! I was a teacher out there & he stabed me in the back. He treated Ms. Cheryl horrible, he treated another teacher badly. This was all during the same month!! When you hire outsiders ro teach grades & subjects that you already have people quialified to teach & then offer those teacher part time positions or teacher asst positions!!! That my friend is treating the teachers horrible!! I have caught him in several other lies! Plus when you go into a teachers classroom or corner preschool teachers in the hall & start yelling @ them in front of students & parents!! Well that's not treating them good do ya think!! Also when a mother walks up behind him while he is yelling @ her daughter & then tries to pretend he was not yelling @ her when he realizes that the mother is there...well if you still think he is the greateat then that's fine...but I would not spit on him if he was on fire!! & yes I am a christian but when you have teachers that go above & beyond what they get paid for & he stabs them in the back...u sort of have a bad taste in your mouth!!
another guest

Jackson, TN

#10 Nov 5, 2010
My grandchildren go to Jackson Prep and they love it. It is an awesome school!!! They are getting a great education!
lying

United States

#11 Nov 5, 2010
yes they do get a great education! The teachers are wonderful!! They are hard working, caring, & always go above & beyond!! That is not the problem @ all!! If you only believe 1/4 of what larry tells you, you will be ok! Again, my complaint is not with the teachers @ all!!! They are the best!!
Ewww

Jackson, TN

#13 Apr 10, 2011
He is crazy. I was going to put my kid there and he was like I'll give you this price if you sign up now and he just weird. Just made me uncomfortable.
abcdfg

Tipton, TN

#14 Apr 10, 2011
Lambuth will go first, then, this place will bite the dust.
parent

Jackson, TN

#15 Apr 11, 2011
What is sad, is he is a county commissioner. He is laughable
new to this

Jackson, TN

#16 Apr 11, 2011
HAAAAAAAAAA he is a commissioner isnt he! what a weeezle
lisa

Jackson, TN

#17 Apr 11, 2011
I pulled my child out of Jackson Prep when I realized he was behind academically compared to friends of mine with same-grade children in Madison co. public school. He's been in public for 1st grade this past year and has caught up wonderfully. I think Jackson Prep has a lot of issues. If we ever decide to go private again we will pay more for a well-established school. Although with constant tuition hikes, Jackson Prep will be the same price as USJ before too long.

I have to compliment their preschool program. Affordable and we loved his preK teacher.

Since: Mar 11

Salisbury, NC

#19 Apr 11, 2011
We were there for two years and heard only good things about ms beverly...loved the pre k...awsome teachers:)..could not ask for a better teacher...they set a great example for kids
Karen Caldwell

Jackson, TN

#21 Apr 12, 2011
Ok, I was just told about this by a friend of mine, and whoever it is that just the told above story. Im not quite sure who you are but apparently you know of my story, thanks I guess for the support but I do not agree with blasting any teacher or principal at JPS. Although I do not agree with the actions of Beverly and my daughter is no longer there, talking about them online like this makes the school look very very bad and there ARE some very good teachers and people at Jackson Preparatory. My sweet little girl is a passive child, but really did well at JPS, the prek teachers really worked with her and she became very comfortable there. She also was learning really well and very quickly. Now I do credit myself alot with that, because we worked on learning often, but Jackson Preparatory really is a good school and does offer a good education. I do not appreciate or agree with what Beverly did but she will answer to all her wrong doings in another life. The school does not deserve the backlash of one ugly person. I do not mind you talking of my story, but not in a way that is ugly to JPS. Thanks
Watching you

Jackson, TN

#22 Apr 13, 2011
You've overstepped. Now it's going to stop. This is personal to me.
Dewayne Sumner

United States

#23 Apr 13, 2011
In reference to the issues with the Lowrances, I am a firm believer in if you can do a better job step up and do it! The Lowrances have been nothing but good to myself and to our school. As a matter of fact they have worked diligently for Jackson Prep with very little if any compensation. The problems I have seen is exactly what has been posted on here. Parents and others who don't get their way or have issues with any discipline themselves which is directly filtered down to their children, whining about getting in trouble or things being addressed with them or their children. Wake up people there are rules everywhere and they have to be followed and there is always some one who has to enforce those and while you may not always like the way it is delivered or the message, you except it or work to change it. I could almost assure you that most of the people who posted on here never stepped up to help with the PPC or Booster, never made a donation to the school besides their tuition and probably never came to any meeting about the school. That is usually the case with people who complain, they can always do it better or have better ideas but they never do it, because it is easier to get on a website and post negative things and slander under screen names like "I'm a loser but I coulda been somebody if I didn't have time because I was complaining 2011" Grow up, if the school wasn't for you so be it, move on.
Dewayne Sumner

United States

#24 Apr 13, 2011
Lastly, the comments that have been made regarding teachers and education at Jackson Prep. I have this to say, our teacher base has improved so much over the last 2 years because we have gotten rid of dead weight teachers who never did anything except show up and go into a class. They never came out to sporting events, didn't help plan and to be honest didn't really care about our school except on pay day! We now have a very dedicated group of teachers who are constantly striving to make our school better daily and continue to have to play catch up with children coming in from the public school system. Educating our children falls on not only the teachers but on parents also and when parents start understanding they have to be a partner with their schools and teachers instead of just an 8hr babysitting service all education will improve. Also in reference to Miss Beverly, I have not seen a teacher so committed to every aspect of a school than her. She is constantly at all meetings, sporting events, helping coordinate special events and anything the children of Jackson Prep need she is tryin to do it. To the person who posted about her needs to realize teachers have a lawful responsibility to inform if they suspect or know of issues concerning their students. It sounds to me that you have or had many other issues that made the court system look at your case, it maybe you spend to much time on websites degrading people and places instead of parenting and taking care of your own issues! I wish you the best in all of your endeavors, because I am sure you are going to need it!
To the person who posted Lambuth then this school. A quick FYI Jackson Prep will be graduating it's first senior this year which starts a legacy that will continue to grow and while Lambuth may be struggling there are a lot of people working to save it. What are you doing besides eating cheeto's and playin world of Warcraft on the computer while posting comments on website? Exactly!
I am proud to be a member, a supporter and a parent at Jackson Prep! Go Jaguars!
With all respect to all who posted here, start your own school and good luck!
Dewayne Sumner
Athletic Booster Club President
Jackson Preparatory School

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pastors Taking Stand For The Word 15 min Guest 81
Hot private school moms 38 min guest 12
Christy Crews 44 min seriously 45
Best fried fish in Jackson 1 hr Not 19
best boarding facility for dogs 1 hr Vet 4
best place to eat seafood 1 hr I KNOW 12
awnda oungya 1 hr NutJob 17
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE