Where do dinosaurs and cavemen fit in...

Where do dinosaurs and cavemen fit in with the Bible?

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 40
Next Last
Backseatbuck

Southaven, MS

#1 May 24, 2009
To me, the dinosaur thing just blows the Bible out of the water.
dave

Wishaw, UK

#2 Nov 6, 2009
the bible refers to dinosaurs in the the book of Job - huge animals with tails wide as cedar logs(cant be a hippo, girrafe, or elephant - look at their tails!)- obviously the word dinosaur wasnt around when the bible was written!
common knowledge

Miami, FL

#3 Nov 7, 2009
we also know that man and dinosaurs did not inhabit earth at the same time, so if they were written about in the bible those writings were based on the fossil remains and not actual sightings. that is why dinosaurs are not found in cave drawings anywhere in the world. dinosaurs were wiped out in a mass extinction 65 million years ago. man came about much later on.
Dude

United States

#4 Nov 10, 2009
Riddle me this.....

If Adam & Eve were the first two people on the planet,and they begat Cain & Abel......then Cain slew Abel, then Cain was banished and wound up then married to a woman from the land of "Nod", tell me......Where did the people of Nod come from if there were only 4 people on the planet?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Not a scholar

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Nov 13, 2009
The other people were offspring of the angels that exited heaven and came to earth to fulfill their lustful desires.

The dinosaurs were rendered extinct by God. First He created the Earth (Gen 1:1), then decimated it to start again (Gen 1:2). Then re-created it and added man (Gen 1:27). This is why there were no dinosaurs in recent history, but fossils are available. The fossils are a reminder of His power, like the flood (Gen 6:17) and the rainbow
(Gen 9:13)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
common knowledge

Memphis, TN

#6 Nov 17, 2009
you should spend some time reading the works of Darwin. He explains the creation of man far better than the bible can, and manages to do so without contradiction. you will also not be required to read between the lines or infer the authors meaning. Neither will you have to rely on the leader of the congregation to explain it to the ones who dont get it. some seek the truth and some blindly follow and even refer to themselves as sheep.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Not a scholar

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 29, 2009
How can you compare the wisdom of Darwin to the omnipotence of God?
Darwin was a brilliant man, created by God.
B Hynd

Largo, FL

#8 Nov 29, 2009
Dinosaurs and Neanderthal men were the early farters amongst the wild and uncivilized world.

http://www.gothicaldea.com/ENTER/GEEKSCORNER/...
common knowledge

United States

#9 Nov 30, 2009
Everyone believes in the existence of Darwin. Only the religious believe in the omnipotence of God. so your trying to compare apples to oranges. Darwin's theories have been proven by science. Religion rely's on faith, which by its own definition means to believe in that which can not be proven. I am a man of science not superstition. Science can show me artifacts that are millions of years old. Religion can't produce any, even though it's only been a few thousand years of "history" written in the Bible. Where is the ark of the covenant,the ten commandments,Noah's ark, or any of the other things talked about in the Bible? Everything the church has brought forward has been proven false through carbon dating, such as the shroud of Turin. All you have to do to make me believe is prove it, but i can't follow what someone believes but cant prove. I am not a sheep, i was born with the ability to reason, and a gift for rational thought.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Not a scholar

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 5, 2009
Common Knowledge,
You give excellent reasoning for your position. Science provides it's own proof, so there is little subjectivity.

The bottom line is:
If your beliefs are correct; you and I will both eventually decompose and be fossils for future generations to admire.

If my beliefs are correct I will have lived a decent (not sinless) life and spend an eternity with my Heavenly Father, you and millions of the "unsuperstitious" will spend eternity in an everlasting fire.

The only thing I can offer you is a prayer, which I will do now...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
common knowledge

Shreveport, LA

#11 Dec 5, 2009
Not a scholar wrote:
Common Knowledge,
You give excellent reasoning for your position. Science provides it's own proof, so there is little subjectivity.
The bottom line is:
If your beliefs are correct; you and I will both eventually decompose and be fossils for future generations to admire.
If my beliefs are correct I will have lived a decent (not sinless) life and spend an eternity with my Heavenly Father, you and millions of the "unsuperstitious" will spend eternity in an everlasting fire.
The only thing I can offer you is a prayer, which I will do now...
Thank you for the prayer, it couldn't hurt. I admire your convictions, and strong beliefs. I am a spiritual person myself, but i am Buddhist. Buddhism fits my scientific belief structure, and i will now offer two quotes from great men that explain my beliefs. "Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."-Buddha

"If there is any religion that would cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism... A human being is part of the whole, called by us "Universe"; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."- Albert Einstein.

Don't just pray for me, pray for us all.
Humble Guy

Upland, CA

#12 May 13, 2010
Dude wrote:
Riddle me this.....
If Adam & Eve were the first two people on the planet,and they begat Cain & Abel......then Cain slew Abel, then Cain was banished and wound up then married to a woman from the land of "Nod", tell me......Where did the people of Nod come from if there were only 4 people on the planet?
Well, I'll tell you, if you look at the scripture that tells that story, you will see that Cain and Abel weren't Adam and Eve's only children. Which means over time they all probably split up to different regions because they were told to "be fruitful and multiply"
King

United States

#13 May 14, 2010
I would have to say that there must have been other people here, for God to put a mark upon Cain, so they would know that he had killed.

If there were no other people other than his parents, and possibly younger brothers and sisters, would you not think they knew what he had done?

Plus it says he was forced out of the Garden of Eden.
So to have a mark on his forhead would be for other people to know what he had done, then of course, he ends up having a wife, so where did she come from?
She had to come from this other group of people, who would have know what the mark on his forhead meant.
Ima Tellitlikeitis

Raleigh, NC

#14 May 19, 2010
First and foremost I'm very impressed at how civilized this conversation is. A rare find on topix. I tip my hat to all of you.

Here's what I don't get, all the info. in the Bible was written by man from what they were told by God. If no man is without sin, then who is to say the Bible is even correct...? Look at the corruption in the church today, I'm sure it exsisted 2K yrs. ago as well. Also, the Bible says we have a choice (free will) to chose Christ as our savior. If we/you do, then you go to heaven...if not then you go to hell. This sounds more like an ultimatum to me. Let's say your boss says "You can come into work at 6am or 10am YOUR CHOICE but if you come in at 10am, you're fired." See my point? Science proves evolution for both man & animals. The Bible proves....uhhh...what?
christian

United States

#15 May 20, 2010
Humble Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'll tell you, if you look at the scripture that tells that story, you will see that Cain and Abel weren't Adam and Eve's only children. Which means over time they all probably split up to different regions because they were told to "be fruitful and multiply"
great answer!! we have no timeline on how many years they lived or how many children they actually had. Also God had the power to create other people! God sent Jesus to provide us a way to heaven. we needed to be concerned about our souls salvation and there will be plenty of time to get the details on things like the people of Nod when we get to heaven!
someone

Fresno, CA

#16 Jun 4, 2010
common knowledge wrote:
Everyone believes in the existence of Darwin. Only the religious believe in the omnipotence of God. so your trying to compare apples to oranges. Darwin's theories have been proven by science. Religion rely's on faith, which by its own definition means to believe in that which can not be proven. I am a man of science not superstition. Science can show me artifacts that are millions of years old. Religion can't produce any, even though it's only been a few thousand years of "history" written in the Bible. Where is the ark of the covenant,the ten commandments,Noah's ark, or any of the other things talked about in the Bible? Everything the church has brought forward has been proven false through carbon dating, such as the shroud of Turin. All you have to do to make me believe is prove it, but i can't follow what someone believes but cant prove. I am not a sheep, i was born with the ability to reason, and a gift for rational thought.
I dont belive in Darwin, never meat him just read about him in a book and seen him portrayed in tv shows. Same as Jesus, Does this meen Darwin isn't a real person? So not everybody belives in Darwin and allot of people belive in god and Jesus.
someone

Tulare, CA

#17 Jun 4, 2010
common knowledge wrote:
Science hasn't proven anything they can only and ever only theorize anything. Thier "Beleafs" Are just the same as any religious persons.The Ark, Ten commandment and all such things of that nature were taken by God only to be revealed at the right time. And God gave that ability to readon and rational thought, its only a shame you use it in the manner you so choose to. Have science truly prove to youthat they are right.
common knowledge

Miami, FL

#18 Jun 4, 2010
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont belive in Darwin, never meat him just read about him in a book and seen him portrayed in tv shows. Same as Jesus, Does this meen Darwin isn't a real person? So not everybody belives in Darwin and allot of people belive in god and Jesus.
If you don't read any better than you spell, I'm not surprised that you don't get what I'm saying.
common knowledge

Miami, FL

#19 Jun 4, 2010
someone wrote:
<quoted text>Science hasn't proven anything they can only and ever only theorize anything. Thier "Beleafs" Are just the same as any religious persons.The Ark, Ten commandment and all such things of that nature were taken by God only to be revealed at the right time. And God gave that ability to readon and rational thought, its only a shame you use it in the manner you so choose to. Have science truly prove to youthat they are right.
I hope you belong to a church, because it's obvious that you are a sheep that needs to belong to a flock, and follow a shepherd. We also posses the ability to think for ourselves, but you have chosen to close your mind. If you really think science hasn't proven anything you need to read more.
billy joe

Brighton, TN

#20 Jul 8, 2010
i believe there were three earth ages.modern man is around fourteen thousand years old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 40
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Downtown Jackson 8 min Business 331
Expertise Personified 9 min Welkometoamerika 1
Deleted Threads 26 min Attorney 5
naacp calls them colored 46 min Bruce 31
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Chopperblades Redoux 2,308
musician (Jan '13) 1 hr Durag 14
Phoenix Management Group 2 hr Just checking to c 1
City Street salt trucks plows 9 hr bull 82
Portfolio Recovery Associates (Oct '12) 15 hr rupert jones 62

Jackson Jobs