Energy drinks should be banned from ...

Energy drinks should be banned from welfare recipents.

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 7, 2013
Energy drinks are dangerous for adults and have no food value for adults or children. I think they should be banned because not only are they of no nutritional value they take away food that could've been bought to supply people with foods that are holsum and nutritional, even a coke is better than an energy drink. These drinks are being bought by people at a rate like coke, and these drinks are not cheap, which means many food stamps are being used to purchase them.
EvolutionMan

Jackson, TN

#2 Feb 7, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Energy drinks are dangerous for adults and have no food value for adults or children. I think they should be banned because not only are they of no nutritional value they take away food that could've been bought to supply people with foods that are holsum and nutritional, even a coke is better than an energy drink. These drinks are being bought by people at a rate like coke, and these drinks are not cheap, which means many food stamps are being used to purchase them.
Many energy drinks DO have nutional value. Look at the nutrition facts on the back of the can. I personally don't like the taste of most of them, but Monster has a Tea and Lemonade one that is pretty good.

I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to buy them with foodstamps, but its a person's responsibility to manage their caffeine intake. Just as if you never drink coffee and decide to buy a large from McDonald's one day, your gonna get the jitters.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 7, 2013
EvolutionMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Many energy drinks DO have nutional value. Look at the nutrition facts on the back of the can. I personally don't like the taste of most of them, but Monster has a Tea and Lemonade one that is pretty good.
I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to buy them with foodstamps, but its a person's responsibility to manage their caffeine intake. Just as if you never drink coffee and decide to buy a large from McDonald's one day, your gonna get the jitters.
Actually I'll take the blame for not being more specific in my answer as to nutritional value, It should be such as to provide a day's supply of nutrient for children and adults like orange juice, chocolate milk, etc. Yes you're right as I have had the jitters from drinking two cups of coffee which I knew better from past experience, but I was cold and thought maybe this time it wouldn't do it, but it did.
Jane

Jackson, TN

#4 Feb 7, 2013
Holsum? Really? Lol
Guest

United States

#5 Feb 7, 2013
Theres a whole list of foods they shouldn't be allowed to purchase with food stamps. Junk food tops the list.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Feb 7, 2013
Jane wrote:
Holsum? Really? Lol
My sincere and deepest apology for spelling incorrectly the word wholesome, I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me, give me a break.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#8 Feb 7, 2013
I personally would be more worried about the people using and abusing the system for foodstamps, and the ones selling them for crack, herroin, etc. Than people buying candy and energy drinks.
Govt Employee

Jackson, TN

#9 Feb 7, 2013
I work for the state, handling food stamps. Energy drinks are not available on food stamps. If you see gas stations or similar places ringing those type drinks up as "food stampable" you need to report them.
no no no

Cedar Grove, TN

#10 Feb 7, 2013
They don't let you buy them on food stamps!! Quit whining! Hell might as well get on them too, i mean everyone else does! You can't just boss ppl and tell them thry shouldn't be able to buy name brand foods, or junk food! Hell your big assed eat it..just bc they are poor they can't have what you have? Geez quit complaining ab food stamps! If "tax payers" money wasn't going to them it would be going to something else! You will ALWAYS pay taxes no matter what happens to food stamps. Shut the F up and accept it!,
guest

Jackson, TN

#11 Feb 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Energy drinks are dangerous for adults and have no food value for adults or children. I think they should be banned because not only are they of no nutritional value they take away food that could've been bought to supply people with foods that are holsum and nutritional, even a coke is better than an energy drink. These drinks are being bought by people at a rate like coke, and these drinks are not cheap, which means many food stamps are being used to purchase them.
Suppose a parent was up all night with a sick child or with a loved one at a hospital. Should that person be allowed to buy an energy drink with his or her food stamps to get through the next day at work?

I think you have some serious issues.
pathetic

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#12 Feb 8, 2013
My money pays for your food stamps. I should have a say-so in what you eat. If you don't like it, quit popping out illegitimate children and get off your lazy butt and get a job!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Many people had a job and the economy caused them to loose it. You can't fault the good for a few bad ones. You can't decide what foods people can buy on foodstamps and you never will. As I said I would be more concerned with those selling them for drugs than the people that may buy a little junk food.
get a job energy

Jackson, TN

#14 Feb 8, 2013
Maybe it will help them get the energy to get up off they asses!? Just a thought!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15 Feb 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose a parent was up all night with a sick child or with a loved one at a hospital. Should that person be allowed to buy an energy drink with his or her food stamps to get through the next day at work?
I think you have some serious issues.
Have you ever heard of coke or coffee? These items you can get by simply asking the nurse if your child is in the hospital, as the nursing staff will be happy to help you in anyway they can, and there's always coffee somewhere in the hallway. Try again, Einstein.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#16 Feb 8, 2013
snschick wrote:
Many people had a job and the economy caused them to loose it. You can't fault the good for a few bad ones. You can't decide what foods people can buy on foodstamps and you never will. As I said I would be more concerned with those selling them for drugs than the people that may buy a little junk food.
Would you take away food from your child to buy an energy drink when you could buy something nutritional for both you and your child? No one including myself are faulting those who have lost their job and are in need of foodstamps , my issue is energy drinks can cause and have caused death and serious side effects should not be an item that can be bought with food stamps. Someone said they were not allowed to buy energy drinks with foodstamps and I hope that's true. I do plan on seeing if that comment is true or not, and if it is then people on foodstamps and those who sell them are breaking the law, which isn't new as they use foodstamps illegally in many ways already. My concern is that the cost of energy drinks are not cheap and when people buy many of them this decreases the amount of foodstamps they can use for food that's benefical for there child and themselves. Again, energy drinks are being abused, as people are using a high majority of there foodstamps to obtain these drinks, and to me that's shameful.
EvolutionMan

United States

#17 Feb 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Have you ever heard of coke or coffee? These items you can get by simply asking the nurse if your child is in the hospital, as the nursing staff will be happy to help you in anyway they can, and there's always coffee somewhere in the hallway. Try again, Einstein.
Coffee has just as much caffeine as an energy drink. What about all the people getting hurt from coffee?
EvolutionMan

United States

#18 Feb 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Would you take away food from your child to buy an energy drink when you could buy something nutritional for both you and your child? No one including myself are faulting those who have lost their job and are in need of foodstamps , my issue is energy drinks can cause and have caused death and serious side effects should not be an item that can be bought with food stamps. Someone said they were not allowed to buy energy drinks with foodstamps and I hope that's true. I do plan on seeing if that comment is true or not, and if it is then people on foodstamps and those who sell them are breaking the law, which isn't new as they use foodstamps illegally in many ways already. My concern is that the cost of energy drinks are not cheap and when people buy many of them this decreases the amount of foodstamps they can use for food that's benefical for there child and themselves. Again, energy drinks are being abused, as people are using a high majority of there foodstamps to obtain these drinks, and to me that's shameful.
It's already been established that you can't buy them with foodstamps. Why are you still going on about it?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19 Feb 8, 2013
EvolutionMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already been established that you can't buy them with foodstamps. Why are you still going on about it?
Thank you as I now know you're right. I was wondering about this for sometime because I see people buying them all the time with foodstamps. Now I know and understand that people and certain businesses are simply allowing it illegally. Once again thanks for the information. and now I know.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Feb 8, 2013
EvolutionMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Coffee has just as much caffeine as an energy drink. What about all the people getting hurt from coffee?
I don't really see people abusing coffee with foodstamps, do you.
lol

Jackson, TN

#21 Feb 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I don't really see people abusing coffee with foodstamps, do you.
you should be baned for being a dumbass prick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How can a man get $180,000 behind on child supp... 3 hr Dom 6
Why do people get tattoos 3 hr really 20
Coyote Blues Closing or Moving? 4 hr guest 85
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD (Mar '15) 4 hr Alyssa76 4,154
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Alyssa76 3,141
Renters Rights attorneys 5 hr nasty tenants 24
Black People Driving (Mar '12) 5 hr Udderyanker 252
Teachers 6 hr Taxpayer 43

Jackson Jobs

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages