Believers-In-God

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1315 Jul 5, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss so many points in my post!
Do you seriously suggest that I could survive without using money in this country? It is printed by the Govt. and promotes religion - why should I have to? It is illegal.
Shouldn't the pledge reflect the equality of everyone? Why should you have a national pledge and I not? It is illegal.
My Belfast story was merely and example of Christian intolerance today within sects. No, I do not have to go there, but it exists.
Your kids have never been prevented from praying in PUBLIC schools. They can pray today in any public school. What cannot happen, is the school authorities choosing a religion and leading the prayers. If your kids in public school were forced to grovel on the floor 5 times/day facing east and chant prayers led by the Imam headmaster, I think you might say something.
Do you genuinely not understand about school prayers or are you just reciting propaganda?
Your points have all been defeated - if you disagree, state your disagreement.
I do not believe that you have defeated my points, but better yet, you haven't answered my question: How would you change things to work where each of our belief systems are honored, yet neither of us have to give up what we believe.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1316 Jul 5, 2013
Good Morning Vietnam...Oh I meant Good Friday to you all!

Thought I was in a war zone for a minute! Made me think of that movie.

Anywho, Loved spending time with my family & hopefully you all will have a blessed day & weekend.

The song in my heart today, Keep on the Sunny Side of Life.

Very uplifting song!

Location hidden

#1317 Jul 5, 2013
Lyrics KEEP ON THE SUNNY SIDE

There's a dark and a troubled side of life;
There's a bright and a sunny side, too;
Tho' we meet with the darkness and strife,
The sunny side we also may view.[
chorus]
Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life;It will help us ev'ry day
it will brighten all the way
If we keep on the sunny side of life.

Tho' the storm in its fury break today,
Crushing hopes that we cherished so dear,
Storm and cloud will in time pass away,
The sun again will shine bright and clear.
Let us greet with a song of hope each day,
Tho' the moments be cloudy or fair;
Let us trust in our Savior alway,
Who keepeth everyone in His care.
troll

United States

#1318 Jul 5, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
You better watch out, my lord has a bigger rebuke than your lord!
And we all know who your lord is dont we? I disagree with your statement, but at least, the true you came out for a few seconds. As I said, we all now know who YOUR LORD is.
troll

United States

#1319 Jul 5, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
Well the believers have posted a bunch of quotes on here - which I usually reply to. It is my turn now:
“If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.”
-Bertrand Russell, "Is there a God?"
IF IF IF, anybody ever told you that IF a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass everytime it hopped. My point being,'IF' is a big word. All your post was here is a waste of time. "IF" you had a brain you wouldn't have to be talking out your asshole because your mouth knows better.

Location hidden

#1321 Jul 5, 2013
Matthew 21:22 - And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Praise report: a precious couple had many prayers made on their behalf. And God allowed me to get to know them through this thread. Praise God!

He's an on time God, Yes he IS!

Location hidden

#1322 Jul 5, 2013
Galatians 6:9-10 kjv
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

As you can see these verses say to do good to all people. Regardless if they are believers. But especially to those who share your faith.

Location hidden

#1323 Jul 5, 2013
“No one is born hating another person
because of the color of his skin,
or his background, or his religion.
People must learn to hate,
and if they can learn to hate,
they can be taught to love,
for love comes more naturally
to the human heart than its opposite.”
Nelson Mandela
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1324 Jul 6, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe that you have defeated my points, but better yet, you haven't answered my question: How would you change things to work where each of our belief systems are honored, yet neither of us have to give up what we believe.
How many times must I tell you - I do not have a belief system in theology?
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1325 Jul 6, 2013
anti atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the military was 100 christian. case in point the ft hood shooter.
so I decline your challenge to prove anything. now give me some names of atheists in fox holes. name rank etc.
Is it possible that I was in the military?
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1326 Jul 6, 2013
troll wrote:
<quoted text>And we all know who your lord is dont we? I disagree with your statement, but at least, the true you came out for a few seconds. As I said, we all now know who YOUR LORD is.
I see that satire is beyond you.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1327 Jul 6, 2013
troll wrote:
<quoted text>IF IF IF, anybody ever told you that IF a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass everytime it hopped. My point being,'IF' is a big word. All your post was here is a waste of time. "IF" you had a brain you wouldn't have to be talking out your asshole because your mouth knows better.
So "if" should be banned from the English language? I know some are incapable of performing thought experiments even "if" they try.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1328 Jul 6, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
Matthew 21:22 - And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Praise report: a precious couple had many prayers made on their behalf. And God allowed me to get to know them through this thread. Praise God!
He's an on time God, Yes he IS!
So, can you follow the logic? If prayer always works why work? Why is there pain and suffering?
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1329 Jul 6, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
Galatians 6:9-10 kjv
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
As you can see these verses say to do good to all people. Regardless if they are believers. But especially to those who share your faith.
If anyone dares to disagree with Paul on religious matters, "let him be accursed." Galatians 1:8-9
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1330 Jul 6, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
“No one is born hating another person
because of the color of his skin,
or his background, or his religion.
People must learn to hate,
and if they can learn to hate,
they can be taught to love,
for love comes more naturally
to the human heart than its opposite.”
Nelson Mandela
If you agree with that, then you agree that all are born atheists!
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1331 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Just saying you believe (or have faith) that I've not defeated your points won't work. How have I failed?
I would not change anything. Freedom of, or from religion, is in the Constitution and I'm happy with it. The answer to your question is "education." I wish to see the gullible educated and employing critical thought. Cognitive dissonance and an addiction to the drug of fantasy is hard to break, but education will do it eventually. It is happening every day and the trend will grow. There are those in this generation who are too far gone. All it really takes for a Christian is the study of Islam and then the question "if I think Islam is wrong why do Muslims think my religion is wrong?"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/afr...
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1332 Jul 6, 2013
How much do you love Jesus? Do you love him enough?
Prove it - Matthew 19:12

Location hidden

#1333 Jul 6, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
How much do you love Jesus? Do you love him enough?
Prove it - Matthew 19:12
How does Jesus' teaching on celibacy have anything to do with how much one loves Him? I do not think being celibate is so hard, or in most cases, so wrong.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1334 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>
How does Jesus' teaching on celibacy have anything to do with how much one loves Him? I do not think being celibate is so hard, or in most cases, so wrong.
Celibacy in choosing to become a eunuch!
Jesus has a problem with testicles.

Location hidden

#1335 Jul 6, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times must I tell you - I do not have a belief system in theology?
And how many times must I tell YOU that NON-BELIEF is most certainly a belief! I have never assumed you have a belief in theology, not even once. Why must you assume that simply because one doesn't agree with your chosen belief, one is uneducated and lacks the ability to understand you?

Also, I do not understand you as a person. One time, you can be nice and tongue in cheek with some of your posts. The next, you take on a condescending attitude with us. Sure, there are times posts can be misinterpreted simply because we do not hear the inflection of voice. But, even so, it wouldn't be every other time you post. What causes your 'snarkiness'?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nail salons 27 min Shura 1
Betsy Riggs 33 min AFriend 8
Grudges: Why do some people cling to them like ... 1 hr Wide Awake 5
City trash pickup (Aug '15) 1 hr 8inary8andit 24
Blonde at jy2s circus 1 hr Karma 3
Atheism and Homosexuality 1 hr Redd Neckman 799
ElmCroft 1 hr My Take 37
Nurse RockDoc's Opinion Of Jackson [Video in Di... 5 hr Guest 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance