Believers-In-God
Auntie Theist

West Monroe, LA

#1275 Jul 3, 2013
“There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages.”
Richard Lederer

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1276 Jul 3, 2013
I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of The United States of America.
And To The Republice For Which It Stands One Nation
Under God Indivisible With LIBERTY And Justice For All!

Location hidden

#1277 Jul 3, 2013
And To The Republic For Which It Stands One Nation

Location hidden

#1278 Jul 3, 2013
I'm so thrilled we have the LIBERTY TO PLEDGE to the Flag of the USA! Under GOD!!!

Since: Jan 13

Jackson, TN

#1279 Jul 3, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
I'm so thrilled we have the LIBERTY TO PLEDGE to the Flag of the USA! Under GOD!!!
Amen!
I am thankful that every school day begins with the national anthem followed by the pledge to the flag. One nation, UNDER GOD! This is followed by what is termed (a moment of silence). However, I and other believers know this is prayer time to The Lord Almighty! I actually pray aloud to our Creator, Lord, and Savior.
No complaints by anyone yet. Those who choose can remain silent, but how can I remain silent before The Lord and all He has done for me!
Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#1280 Jul 3, 2013
I love the song, He's Done So Much for Me I Cannot Tell it all?
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1282 Jul 3, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
And To The Republice For Which It Stands One Nation
But only since 1954 - before that it was not under any gods - Christian propaganda!
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1283 Jul 3, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
I'm sorry to learn that you impose your god on everyone. That doesn't mesh with your previous posts about supporting separation of Church/State.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1284 Jul 3, 2013
Committed to HIM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
I am thankful that every school day begins with the national anthem followed by the pledge to the flag. One nation, UNDER GOD! This is followed by what is termed (a moment of silence). However, I and other believers know this is prayer time to The Lord Almighty! I actually pray aloud to our Creator, Lord, and Savior.
No complaints by anyone yet. Those who choose can remain silent, but how can I remain silent before The Lord and all He has done for me!
Hallelujah!!!!!!!
Another one who forces his god on others. So much for Christian tolerance and morals!
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#1285 Jul 3, 2013
lol wrote:
The atheist/morons get on here and whine about churches getting tax exemption status but yet they do the same.American Atheists and two co-plaintiffs today filed in U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Kentucky a lawsuit demanding that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) stop giving preferential treatment to churches and religious organizations via the process of receiving non-profit tax-exempt status under the Internal Revue Code (IRC) procedures and definitions.
“American Atheists receives tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3),” said American Atheists President David Silverman,“but because the organization is not classified as religious it costs American Atheists, along with all other secular non-profits, significantly more money each year to keep that status. In this lawsuit, American Atheists and the other plaintiffs are demanding that all tax-exempt organizations, including those characterized as religious by the IRS, have the same requirements to achieve tax-exempt status.”
funny HOW THEY THINK IT'S OK TO GET FROM THE GOVERNMENT BUT NOT CHURCHES
You need to learn before you post. Churches are not 501C3 - they do not have the same filing requirements. They do not have to account for every penny of income. They are not subject to the same audits as 501C3s. Churches have foxes tending the chickens by law.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1286 Jul 3, 2013
Eww! Auntie, who mistook your Cherrioes for the toilet? You were so much nicer yesterday. What happened? Did you have a bad day at the office?(I'm not being snarky, I'm being serious and caring)

Whatever has changed your disposition, I hope it gets better once you've had the chance to relax and unwind a bit!

I have a question. I'm serious, I honestly do not know, therefore I am asking someone who would know. Please do not be snarky with me, as I am earnestly trying not to be, myself. So here goes....

I understand why churches need the tax exemption. They have expenses to cover for the church, teaching materials, craft materials (for the younger set), cleaning materials, supplies, etc. But what do the Atheists need the tax exemption for? To my knowledge, they do not have a particular place to gather as a church, and teaching materials are not needed as you just 'are' an Atheist, no one has to teach you about non-belief. And without a 'meeting place' there isn't a need for cleaning materials or supplies. So, why do they need the exemption?

I cannot say one way or the other what my opinion is about whether they should have it, without knowing what they might need it for. Thank you in advance for your time and your answer.
ANTI ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#1287 Jul 3, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn before you post. Churches are not 501C3 - they do not have the same filing requirements. They do not have to account for every penny of income. They are not subject to the same audits as 501C3s. Churches have foxes tending the chickens by law.
THERE YOU GO AGAIN WITH THAT CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER SYSNDROME. YOUR ASSESEMENT OF TAX EXEMPT STATUS FOR CHURCHES IS CORRECT, BUT YOU MUST REMEMBER SINCE ATHEISTS WILL NOT CALL THERE RELIGION OF NON RELIGION A RELIGION THEN YOU ARE NOT A CANDIDATE FOR FIRST AMENDMENT PROTECTION AND TAXATION RETAMENT BY THE TAX MAN {irs}

REFILE THE DAMN THING AND CALL YOURSELF A CHURCH AND YOUR BELIEF ON NO GOD A RELIGION AND YOU ARE IN THE MONEY

Location hidden

#1290 Jul 4, 2013
Happy 4th of July!!!

Love watching the concerts on tv and hearing the patriotic songs, God Bless America, Lee Greenwood's, God Bless the USA and Aaron Tipons, Stars n Stripes and The Eagle Flys.

&#9829; From the Mountains to the prairies to the oceans white with foam. God Bless America. My home sweet home. God Bless America. My home sweet home. &#9829;

Location hidden

#1291 Jul 4, 2013
Tried to do hearts around lasts paragraph. And thoses #'s posted. Ugh.

Location hidden

#1292 Jul 4, 2013
Happy 4th of July!!! 
Love watching the concerts on tv and hearing the patriotic songs, God Bless America, Lee Greenwood's, God Bless the USA and Aaron Tipons, Stars n Stripes and The Eagle Flys & Let Freedom Ring!

<3 From the Mountains to the prairies to the oceans white with foam. God Bless America. My home sweet home. God Bless America. My home sweet home. <3

And the wonderful true stories of our soldiers who are so brave in defending our country. So proud of them & their families who wait anxiously for their return.
All gave some. Some gave all. For our Freedom!
False Religion

Jackson, TN

#1293 Jul 4, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
I have a question. I'm serious, I honestly do not know, therefore I am asking someone who would know. Please do not be snarky with me, as I am earnestly trying not to be, myself. So here goes....
I understand why churches need the tax exemption. They have expenses to cover for the church, teaching materials, craft materials (for the younger set), cleaning materials, supplies, etc. But what do the Atheists need the tax exemption for? To my knowledge, they do not have a particular place to gather as a church, and teaching materials are not needed as you just 'are' an Atheist, no one has to teach you about non-belief. And without a 'meeting place' there isn't a need for cleaning materials or supplies. So, why do they need the exemption?
I cannot say one way or the other what my opinion is about whether they should have it, without knowing what they might need it for. Thank you in advance for your time and your answer.
First, here is a short page that sums up what a 501(c)(3) status is all about
http://www.501c3.org/what-is-a-501c3/

Now, Atheists in general do not need the status, but any Atheist group that is ran as a non-profit scientific and educational organizations that is ran by charitable donations would fall into this.

And there are many of them (scroll down to the U.S. section)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_seculari...

Now, the issue as Auntie is pointing out is that all non-church based 501c3 organization financial records documenting the organization’s income, expenses, and assets; essentially, the organization’s books are fully public.

While a church based 501c3 will only be audited if a high-level Treasury official reasonably believes that the church is breaking any of the 501c3 status rules.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1295 Jul 4, 2013
Thank you, False Religion, that helped!
Auntie Theist

Alabaster, AL

#1296 Jul 4, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
Eww! Auntie, who mistook your Cherrioes for the toilet? You were so much nicer yesterday. What happened? Did you have a bad day at the office?(I'm not being snarky, I'm being serious and caring)
Whatever has changed your disposition, I hope it gets better once you've had the chance to relax and unwind a bit!
I am always my usual self - you read different emotions into my posts - they are all the same.
Personally I don't think any groups should be tax exempt in a country where businesses are taxed.
Atheist non prophets (sic) do have expenses. The Memphis group brings in speakers from all over the country and pays for their accommodations/food. They take spaces at various events such as Earth Day and Cooper/Young festivals. I know they have numerous expenses.
Churches are virtually uncontrolled and do not need to account for every penny to claim their tax exemption and to avoid income taxes for their pastors as 501C3 organizations do - there is a double standard.
Auntie Theist

Alabaster, AL

#1297 Jul 4, 2013
ANTI ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE YOU GO AGAIN WITH THAT CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER SYSNDROME. YOUR ASSESEMENT OF TAX EXEMPT STATUS FOR CHURCHES IS CORRECT, BUT YOU MUST REMEMBER SINCE ATHEISTS WILL NOT CALL THERE RELIGION OF NON RELIGION A RELIGION THEN YOU ARE NOT A CANDIDATE FOR FIRST AMENDMENT PROTECTION AND TAXATION RETAMENT BY THE TAX MAN {irs}
REFILE THE DAMN THING AND CALL YOURSELF A CHURCH AND YOUR BELIEF ON NO GOD A RELIGION AND YOU ARE IN THE MONEY
Hard to understand your post but I have suggested that everyone should open their own church and avoid taxes - I have a feeling the law would change!
Auntie Theist

Alabaster, AL

#1298 Jul 4, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
Happy 4th of July!!!
Love watching the concerts on tv and hearing the patriotic songs, God Bless America, Lee Greenwood's, God Bless the USA and Aaron Tipons, Stars n Stripes and The Eagle Flys.
&#9829; From the Mountains to the prairies to the oceans white with foam. God Bless America. My home sweet home. God Bless America. My home sweet home. &#9829;
"America the Beautiful" is best, written to take god out it.
Well done Woody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shadiness at Flat Iron Grille 58 min Ardent 25
Shooting At Black & Decker-08/25/16 59 min I work There 15
If you wish to help Louisiana 2 hr emenius sleepus 3
News Subway opens Friday in Park Place West 2 hr FrankCastle 1
Whats the craziest thing you've ever done? 2 hr emenius sleepus 3
Is the Baptist church better than the Catholic? (Jan '16) 3 hr Auntie Theist 405
Breastfeeding in public (Apr '13) 4 hr True dat 182
mugshots Thu Jig A Boo 7

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages