Believers-In-God

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#6381 Oct 20, 2013
Skeptic I don't discard science. I suppose my work history has left an impression on me. Like I previously stated too much to post. And upsets me too much to go into on here.
I'm thankful for medical science but even that has left me with a lot of unanwered questions. Of which I'm quite upset about at the moment. For several reasons.
All we have to rely on at this moment is God. That's all I can say.

If you had a sign in. I would pm you and explain this a little more. I've even had the pleasure to converse with several atheists. And believe it or not, we just talked. I didn't try to convert them or vice versa. Ok?
Skeptic101

Jackson, TN

#6382 Oct 20, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
Skeptic I don't discard science. I suppose my work history has left an impression on me. Like I previously stated too much to post. And upsets me too much to go into on here.
I'm thankful for medical science but even that has left me with a lot of unanwered questions. Of which I'm quite upset about at the moment. For several reasons.
All we have to rely on at this moment is God. That's all I can say.
If you had a sign in. I would pm you and explain this a little more. I've even had the pleasure to converse with several atheists. And believe it or not, we just talked. I didn't try to convert them or vice versa. Ok?
I'll get a sign in.

Location hidden

#6383 Oct 20, 2013
I actually enjoyed reading Evolution man and Pawpaw posts about science. I don't claim to know about such things. My college degree was in accounting. No formal education in science. I'm afraid I've had the misfortune of working around some "god like" doctors. Lol. I'm not the type to have "white coat syndrome". I know their only human. ;) I do respect them though.
Accounting has allowed me to have a vast work experience. Some areas I've enjoyed working in, more than others. Conversation was wonderful and learning about being good stewards of our land.

Location hidden

#6384 Oct 20, 2013
Conservation. Not conversation. Oops.
Goodness I hate typing when I get emotional. Yes I'm wearing my readers. Ha

Location hidden

#6385 Oct 20, 2013
Skeptic when you do get signed up. Pm me. I'll talk to ya more indepth.
Auntie Theist

Toledo, OH

#6386 Oct 20, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
I actually enjoyed reading Evolution man and Pawpaw posts about science. I don't claim to know about such things. My college degree was in accounting. No formal education in science. I'm afraid I've had the misfortune of working around some "god like" doctors. Lol. I'm not the type to have "white coat syndrome". I know their only human. ;) I do respect them though.
Accounting has allowed me to have a vast work experience. Some areas I've enjoyed working in, more than others. Conversation was wonderful and learning about being good stewards of our land.
Evolution is a direct opposition to the Adam & Eve story. If you don't examine all sides of an issue, can you claim to have an open mind?
ANTI ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#6387 Oct 20, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a direct opposition to the Adam & Eve story. If you don't examine all sides of an issue, can you claim to have an open mind?
why is evolution a direct contradiction to adam and eve.

the story goes god created all over a period of seven days.

how long are god's day's?
Auntie Theist

Toledo, OH

#6388 Oct 20, 2013
ANTI ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text> why is evolution a direct contradiction to adam and eve.
the story goes god created all over a period of seven days.
how long are god's day's?
Are you speaking of Hebrew days, Greek days, Roman days or Wednesdays?
The bible in English says days and it has said days for 400 years - if it is something else - change it.
You do not understand evolution so you won't know why it is in direct opposition to Adam & Eve. Here's a clue - it has nothing to do with days.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#6389 Oct 20, 2013
God's blessings are inextricably linked to obedience. Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments." You have to obey God to be blessed. He curses disobedience. 
Deuteronomy 28:1,2,15 - "...if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments..., ...all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments...,...that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee."
ANTI ATHEIST

Madison, MS

#6390 Oct 21, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you speaking of Hebrew days, Greek days, Roman days or Wednesdays?
The bible in English says days and it has said days for 400 years - if it is something else - change it.
You do not understand evolution so you won't know why it is in direct opposition to Adam & Eve. Here's a clue - it has nothing to do with days.
there you go again. your brilliance should answer the question. how long are god's day's.another dodge.

24 hour's or 1 million years. I understand evolution completely and if god's days were measured in millions of years it ties write in with your theory of evolution. you try to defeat god by having us believe evolution could not be the work of god.

try again. yes and I am ready for your answer about changing the bible which I think may be older than 400 years.

Location hidden

#6391 Oct 21, 2013
..........TRUST ME TODAY, I’M SURE!.........

OK Bishop, so you are Mr. Positive!...You lift us up on a daily basis and your very favorite saying is “Everything is going to be all right!” And on what sir do you base all those promises you make? ARE YOU SURE?
Glad you asked!....My friend Paul said in Romans 8:38-39 This is the Living Bible Translation.
Romans 8:38-39
Living Bible (TLB)
38 For I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can’t, and life can’t. The angels won’t, and all the powers of hell itself cannot keep God’s love away. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow,
39 or where we are—high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean—nothing will ever be able to separate us from the love of God demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when he died for us.

It matters not what you are going through today or how bad it looks right now. Everything is going to be all right!

Bis McCool

Location hidden

#6392 Oct 21, 2013
I love how positive and inspiring Bis McCool posts are and I try to read them daily. Hoping other Believers enjoy these posts too. :)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6393 Oct 21, 2013
""How Long Is A Day?

There is a theory that says each of God's days in Genesis were actually millions of years for us. Is this true? Maybe we need to ask what does the word "day" mean in Genesis?

The Hebrew word "yom" is translated as day in Genesis. Just as our word "day" can have different meanings based on its context, so can the word "yom". For example, in the Old Testament "yom" is translated to mean a 24 hour day 1109 times. It means a long, long period of time--such as an age--about nine times.

However, every time the word "yom" is used with the term evening or morning in the Bible, it means a regular 24 hour day.

Every time the word "yom" is used with a number, such as "40 yom" (40 days), it means a regular 24 hour day.

What we now see is that in Genesis chapter one God is going out of His way to emphasize that each day is a normal 24 hour day. For example in verse five He says:

"And there was evening and there was morning, one day."

Verse 8: "And there was evening and there was morning, a second day."

Verse 13: "There was evening and there was morning, a third day."

For each day of creation the pattern is the same: evening, morning, number, day. Just part of that pattern, for example using the words "evening" and "day" together, tell us it was a 24 hour day. But God tells us in three ways -- evening, morning, number -- that the word day means... an ordinary 24 hour day.

God is making it very clear: He created everything in six ordinary days.""

Location hidden

#6394 Oct 21, 2013
"Reflections of Space and Time" by Scott R. Forrest, PhD posts some very interesting you tube videos. I'm not sure where I first heard of him. I think on this forum. Really interesting.

Location hidden

#6395 Oct 21, 2013
Thanks EA for the info. :)
Auntie Theist

Toledo, OH

#6396 Oct 21, 2013
better-off wrote:
God's blessings are inextricably linked to obedience. Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments." You have to obey God to be blessed. He curses disobedience. 
Deuteronomy 28:1,2,15 - "...if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments..., ...all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments...,...that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee."
Aw hell, I've been cursed. I'm going to go to a palmist and see if it is true!
Auntie Theist

Toledo, OH

#6397 Oct 21, 2013
ANTI ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
there you go again. your brilliance should answer the question. how long are god's day's.another dodge.
24 hour's or 1 million years. I understand evolution completely and if god's days were measured in millions of years it ties write in with your theory of evolution. you try to defeat god by having us believe evolution could not be the work of god.
try again. yes and I am ready for your answer about changing the bible which I think may be older than 400 years.
Then support your figures. Where does 1 day = I million years? Why not a decade, a century or 3.142 seconds?
When was your bible translated to English?
Auntie Theist

Toledo, OH

#6398 Oct 21, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
OK Bishop, so you are Mr. Positive!...You lift us up on a daily basis and your very favorite saying is “Everything is going to be all right!” And on what sir do you base all those promises you make? ARE YOU SURE?
Glad you asked!....My friend Paul said in Romans 8:38-39 This is the Living Bible Translation.
Romans 8:38-39
Living Bible (TLB)
38 For I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can’t, and life can’t. The angels won’t, and all the powers of hell itself cannot keep God’s love away. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow,
39 or where we are—high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean—nothing will ever be able to separate us from the love of God demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when he died for us.
It matters not what you are going through today or how bad it looks right now. Everything is going to be all right!
Bis McCool
Yeah, they were saying that to the British during the blitz when the favored song was "we'll meet again."
People are weak and need mind control.
False Religion

Jackson, TN

#6399 Oct 21, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
"Reflections of Space and Time" by Scott R. Forrest, PhD posts some very interesting you tube videos. I'm not sure where I first heard of him. I think on this forum. Really interesting.
On his Facebook page he claims "In April of 1985 I spent 3 minutes in another dimensional realm talking with Jesus. When I got back, 4 hours had passed"

Yeah, very interesting...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6400 Oct 21, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
Thanks EA for the info.:)
:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristi Cox McCarver 31 min old friend 23
Prevantawhore 36 min My head HURTS 4
JMCSS and Verna Ruffin Sued 37 min keep WishIng 9
Ryder Warehouse in Jackson tn (Jan '16) 55 min Lil T 59
Shooting At Black & Decker-08/25/16 1 hr JUSTSAYIN 31
DaDouche is pure trash 1 hr Whut 19
Unsolved murders 2 hr Jaime 27
JEA CANNED YOUNG again!!! 3 hr Tiny Tina 3

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web