Believers-In-God
really

Jackson, TN

#5160 Aug 29, 2013
False Religion wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has been held back by Theists. Most major scientific breakthroughs that might run counter to the "church doctrine" has been stopped/hindered by the church.
For example: http://www.americancatholic.org/News/StemCell...
Stem Cell research has come a long way since then and Embryonic Stem-Cell research is used less and less, but if science was able to do the research needed from he start, we could be much farther along.
sounds just like an excuse. How can science be held back from sooo many "freethinkers"?
Auntie Theist

United States

#5161 Aug 29, 2013
better-off wrote:
The Kingdom of God is not the greatest kingdom. It is the Kingdom of all kingdoms. The Power of God is not the greatest power. It is the Power of all powers. The Glory of God is not the greatest glory. It is the Glory of all glories. Without the Kingdom and Power and Glory of God, there would simply be NOTHING. Everything is IN HIM! What else can we add? FOREVER! Everything God is, has been, or ever shall be, is eternal.
If you like Monarchies why are you living in a Democracy? Wait..........don't tell me, because it gives you the right to worship a Monarchy.
Auntie Theist

United States

#5162 Aug 29, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>Well as much as we have evolved why hasn't science found a way to prevent it or even better why haven't we evolved into super humans? IF science is never wrong only updated. We haven't updated in millions of years, we should be overdue, right mother earth?
Why do you keep making this stuff up? Oh! I see, because you are a Christian and they make everything up.
Where has anyone, ever said that science is never wrong? Do you think we have as many premature birth deaths today as our hunter/gatherer ancestors had 10,000 years ago? Perhaps science could have played a part? Perhaps prayers have helped but I know which I'm betting on.
Auntie Theist

United States

#5163 Aug 29, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
Praise Repost Alert! Our son fell today at school. Hurt his arm but Thank you Jesus it isn't broken!
God's Got This!
Alert, Alert, Alert. Breaking news (no pun intended) Jesus causes child to fall and hurt arm.
Thank god Jesus didn't cause child to fall and break arm.
This reporter wants to know if arm had been broken off, could Jesus have re-grown it for child?
Auntie Theist

United States

#5164 Aug 29, 2013
praying2Jesus wrote:
Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory lyrics
I have found His grace is all complete,
He supplieth every need;
While I sit and learn at Jesus’ feet,
I am free, yes, free indeed. Refrain:
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Full of glory, full of glory;
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Oh, the half has never yet been told.
I have found the pleasure I once craved,
It is joy and peace within;
What a wondrous blessing, I am saved
From the awful gulf of sin.
I have found that hope so bright and clear,
Living in the realm of grace;
Oh, the Savior’s presence is so near,
I can see His smiling face.
I have found the joy no tongue can tell,
How its waves of glory roll;
It is like a great o’erflowing well,
Springing up within my soul.
Do bonobos sit at Jesus' feet when they experience joy?
I think I know why my questions remain unanswered.
really

Jackson, TN

#5165 Aug 29, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep making this stuff up? Oh! I see, because you are a Christian and they make everything up.
Where has anyone, ever said that science is never wrong? Do you think we have as many premature birth deaths today as our hunter/gatherer ancestors had 10,000 years ago? Perhaps science could have played a part? Perhaps prayers have helped but I know which I'm betting on.
nope it's a sin to make things up. but you said a "little" white lie is ok for the greater good, remember? You said yesterday science is never wrong,just updated, remember? guess that's another little white lie
Auntie Theist

United States

#5166 Aug 29, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>sounds just like an excuse. How can science be held back from sooo many "freethinkers"?
Read history - see "dark age."
really

Jackson, TN

#5167 Aug 29, 2013
Theist

United States

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
23 hrs a

really wrote:

<quoted text> so you agree that science is wrong, how nice of you to finally realize. So if science is wrong then use common sense
You don't see churches trying to take away your rights to practice being an atheist,do you? Yet you try to take away ours as Christians, now whos the racist? Again go to a black or white church and see if there is not other races in there
Science is NOT wrong. Science HAS BEEN wrong and updated.
Science tell us that gravity will cause you to hurt yourself if you jump off a tall building. Is that wrong?
When have atheists tried to take away Christian rights - source please?
When the law is broken to the detriment of atheists, yes we try to correct it. What has that to do with Christian rights?
The very fact that the term black churches and white churches exists demonstrates racism.
really

Jackson, TN

#5168 Aug 29, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Read history - see "dark age."
read science see "evolution" its what you claim to know
Auntie Theist

United States

#5169 Aug 29, 2013
really wrote:
Theist
United States
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
23 hrs a
really wrote:
<quoted text> so you agree that science is wrong, how nice of you to finally realize. So if science is wrong then use common sense
You don't see churches trying to take away your rights to practice being an atheist,do you? Yet you try to take away ours as Christians, now whos the racist? Again go to a black or white church and see if there is not other races in there
Science is NOT wrong. Science HAS BEEN wrong and updated.
Science tell us that gravity will cause you to hurt yourself if you jump off a tall building. Is that wrong?
When have atheists tried to take away Christian rights - source please?
When the law is broken to the detriment of atheists, yes we try to correct it. What has that to do with Christian rights?
The very fact that the term black churches and white churches exists demonstrates racism.
What is all that supposed to mean ?- I think you forgot to add text.
really

Jackson, TN

#5171 Aug 29, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is all that supposed to mean ?- I think you forgot to add text.
Showing you where you lied " science is never wrong only updated" come on "freethinker" use your brain
False Religion

Jackson, TN

#5172 Aug 29, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>sounds just like an excuse. How can science be held back from sooo many "freethinkers"?
Giordano Bruno. Have you heard of him? He was a friend of Galileo. In 1600, the Christian authorities in Rome took Giordano Bruno out of the dungeon he had been in for eight years, drove a nail thru his tongue, tied him to a metal post, put wood and some of his books under his feet, and burned him to death. Bruno’s crime was writing ideas that the Catholic leaders didn’t like — Earth revolves around the sun, the sun is a star, there might be other worlds with other intelligent beings on them, Jesus didn’t possess god-like power, and souls can’t go to Heaven. For these heretical ideas, the Catholic Church punished this brilliant man with an agonizingly slow death.

The Catholic Church officially condemned heliocentrism 31 years later, when Pope Alexander VII banned all books that affirmed Earth’s motion.

And to answer your question, Theists are getting out of the way of science more and more and the more they get out of science the more discoveries and more progress science makes.
Auntie Theist

United States

#5173 Aug 29, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>Showing you where you lied " science is never wrong only updated" come on "freethinker" use your brain
OK brainy person please point out the word "never" in the quote from me below:
"Science is NOT wrong. Science HAS BEEN wrong and updated."
really

Jackson, TN

#5174 Aug 29, 2013
False Religion wrote:
<quoted text>
Giordano Bruno. Have you heard of him? He was a friend of Galileo. In 1600, the Christian authorities in Rome took Giordano Bruno out of the dungeon he had been in for eight years, drove a nail thru his tongue, tied him to a metal post, put wood and some of his books under his feet, and burned him to death. Bruno’s crime was writing ideas that the Catholic leaders didn’t like — Earth revolves around the sun, the sun is a star, there might be other worlds with other intelligent beings on them, Jesus didn’t possess god-like power, and souls can’t go to Heaven. For these heretical ideas, the Catholic Church punished this brilliant man with an agonizingly slow death.
The Catholic Church officially condemned heliocentrism 31 years later, when Pope Alexander VII banned all books that affirmed Earth’s motion.
And to answer your question, Theists are getting out of the way of science more and more and the more they get out of science the more discoveries and more progress science makes.
SO you are saying since the 1600's there has been no man with balls to stand up for atheist and the cause when yall claim to be such freethinkers?
Auntie Theist

United States

#5175 Aug 29, 2013
Example of science being wrong:
Biblical science tells us that the sun orbits the earth (Its orbit was stopped for Joshua - guffaw)
The Christian church tortured and executed many who claimed otherwise (see inquisition.)
The enlightenment changed that and progress over the last few centuries has been enormous compared to the zero progress of the dark ages.
Auntie Theist

United States

#5176 Aug 29, 2013
Sorry False Religion I hadn't read your excellent post when I posted above. I wonder why we chose the same example?
really

Jackson, TN

#5177 Aug 29, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
OK brainy person please point out the word "never" in the quote from me below:
"Science is NOT wrong. Science HAS BEEN wrong and updated."
ok not so brainy person tell me the difference between not and never? sounds like a contradiction to me
really

Jackson, TN

#5178 Aug 29, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
Example of science being wrong:
Biblical science tells us that the sun orbits the earth (Its orbit was stopped for Joshua - guffaw)
The Christian church tortured and executed many who claimed otherwise (see inquisition.)
The enlightenment changed that and progress over the last few centuries has been enormous compared to the zero progress of the dark ages.
whats funny is both examples have to do with a church beating and killing someone. Nothing to do with science being wrong. atheist are the biggest punks ever, so many years gone by and yall still have no balls, but then again you cross dress as im sure a lot of atheist do
Auntie Theist

United States

#5179 Aug 29, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>ok not so brainy person tell me the difference between not and never? sounds like a contradiction to me
No comment.
Q.E.D.
Auntie Theist

United States

#5180 Aug 29, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>whats funny is both examples have to do with a church beating and killing someone. Nothing to do with science being wrong. atheist are the biggest punks ever, so many years gone by and yall still have no balls, but then again you cross dress as im sure a lot of atheist do
Not worthy of comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Canada 2 min They know who I am 1
Walk out at Liberty 8-31-15 13 min Open Your Books 28
Liberty High Problems 48 min Cooking The Books 48
Bankruptcy Attorney in Jackson, Tn 51 min Medinaman5683 2
City trash pickup 58 min Snoozing 4
Bi fem 1 hr Brianna 19
Gorgeous inked blonde ! 2 hr Brianna 37
John Christie/ Charlie Pittman 5 hr Jesse Moore 30
Libery Principal Leaving Sun Disgusted 8
More from around the web