#2 Jun 3, 2011
Neither.
Spanky

Jackson, TN

#3 Jun 3, 2011
Screw JCS!

Brighton, TN

#4 Jun 3, 2011
If you are not a member of the church of christ, then you have no business going to jcs. It is a church of christ school. If you are not a member of a church of christ school then you can not work there...no matter what. So, if you think the rules will be applied evenly to all the kids there, you are kidding yourself.
neither

United States

#5 Jun 3, 2011
Unless you want your child exposed to higher levels of drug use and sex just send your child to public school or hire someone to homeschool them or even do it yourself. Private schools are horrible and churn out worthless spoiled brats that have no respect for people or authority. Oh wait, maybe it's just the lack of parenting? Either way public school is a much better choice.

Since: Mar 11

Jackson, TN

#6 Jun 4, 2011
My son went to USJ for pre-k, K and 1st grade. We pulled him out & homeschool now. We had issues at USJ with their afterschool care & his 1st grade teacher was terrible. Why pay $800+ a month (year of tuition, lunch money, "art fee", "technology fee", "activity fee", annual fund solicitation, & misc crap they're always saying you have to buy/contribute to...divided by 12)?
parent

United States

#8 Jun 4, 2011
Public school where I'm from is NOT a better choice. I've heard Milan is opening a private christian school. We may check that out. Thanks anyways.
hmm

United States

#9 Jun 4, 2011
neither wrote:
Unless you want your child exposed to higher levels of drug use and sex just send your child to public school or hire someone to homeschool them or even do it yourself. Private schools are horrible and churn out worthless spoiled brats that have no respect for people or authority. Oh wait, maybe it's just the lack of parenting? Either way public school is a much better choice.
suppose we compare the crime rates of public schools to private? i wouldnt send my child to a jackson public school.
Knowledge

Boiling Springs, SC

#10 Jun 4, 2011
I would look at Jackson Prep or the Augustine School before USJ or JCS
parent

United States

#11 Jun 4, 2011
Knowledge wrote:
I would look at Jackson Prep or the Augustine School before USJ or JCS
Thank you!
Nico

Jackson, TN

#12 Jun 4, 2011
St mary's too...
bluestorm4471

York, SC

#13 Jun 5, 2011
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
We sent our son to Jackson prep for kindergarten and first grade BIGGEST mistake of our lives. I am a public school teacher and know what is being taught or should I say isn't being taught at JPS. we waisted two years of our sons life and all he learned was how to color and watch movies. When we placed in JCS in 2nd grade he tested in at a kindergarten level! Devastated us. After a year of hard work and dedication from me and his wonderful teacher he is now above grade level and his selfesteem has improved tremondously. I can't say whether USJ or JCS is better...I have had the chance to have our son at JCS. we love it and so does he. I know friends from both schools and from what I can tell they are both great. As for having to be a member of the c of Christ to attend JCS that is not true. Yes, the teachers are members of the Lords church but it is a school built upon the one church so why would you not want christians teaching your child? They in no means push the bible or their beliefs on you as a patent or your child. They strictly read from Gods word and that is where the truth lies. I hope this helps you but I would recommend going yo each school you are interested in a touring it...not just when they are out for the summer but see the kids and teachers interacting. No school is perfect but you can find ones that are close. Please heed my advice on JPS it is a joke not just bc of my son but I have two other families that pulled their children out...one had to repeat the grade he just fi ushed while another is struggling and the school thinks he needs to go to special ed in the public schools. Nothing is wrong with either child they just weren't taught. Spend the money on a school that you know your child will receive the best education possible. Get out there talk to parents talk to their kids tnat is where you will get your TRUE insitesnot on here. Hope I have helped in someway. Praay about it as well this is just one of those tough decisions as parents we have to make.
Nico

United States

#14 Jun 5, 2011
Completely agree on Jackson prep, pulled my child out as well before it was too late... Their preschool program is great, but beyond that their academics are a joke.
bruin

United States

#15 Jun 5, 2011
just compare usj test scores and where the kids go to college. not to mention the athletic and fine arts programs are better than both jcs and trinity
Nico

United States

#16 Jun 5, 2011
Could where the usj kids go to college have anything to do with the fact that most of their parents are loaded? Not saying their academics aren't great, just sayin'.:)
Classical

Jackson, TN

#17 Jun 5, 2011
If anyone is searching for school alternatives, may I suggest you look at Augustine School. The video link below will give you a good understanding of their school.

http://www.augustineschool.com/video/video.ph...

Memphis, TN

#18 Jun 5, 2011
Just read below and you have all the proof you need that if you are not church of christ you are a fool to send your kid to school there. That is, unless relegion means very little to you anyway.
Below the writer says, "the Lord's church", that it is the "school built upon the one church". You see, this is how they think. They are an extremely deceiptfull type of people. In my opinion, you could not stay far enough away from church of christ people. It is like playing with snakes.
bluestorm4471 wrote:
<quoted text>
We sent our son to Jackson prep for kindergarten and first grade BIGGEST mistake of our lives. I am a public school teacher and know what is being taught or should I say isn't being taught at JPS. we waisted two years of our sons life and all he learned was how to color and watch movies. When we placed in JCS in 2nd grade he tested in at a kindergarten level! Devastated us. After a year of hard work and dedication from me and his wonderful teacher he is now above grade level and his selfesteem has improved tremondously. I can't say whether USJ or JCS is better...I have had the chance to have our son at JCS. we love it and so does he. I know friends from both schools and from what I can tell they are both great. As for having to be a member of the c of Christ to attend JCS that is not true. Yes, the teachers are members of the Lords church but it is a school built upon the one church so why would you not want christians teaching your child? They in no means push the bible or their beliefs on you as a patent or your child. They strictly read from Gods word and that is where the truth lies. I hope this helps you but I would recommend going yo each school you are interested in a touring it...not just when they are out for the summer but see the kids and teachers interacting. No school is perfect but you can find ones that are close. Please heed my advice on JPS it is a joke not just bc of my son but I have two other families that pulled their children out...one had to repeat the grade he just fi ushed while another is struggling and the school thinks he needs to go to special ed in the public schools. Nothing is wrong with either child they just weren't taught. Spend the money on a school that you know your child will receive the best education possible. Get out there talk to parents talk to their kids tnat is where you will get your TRUE insitesnot on here. Hope I have helped in someway. Praay about it as well this is just one of those tough decisions as parents we have to make.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#19 Jun 5, 2011
Can anyone explain why the Church of Christ thinks they in anyway "more correct" than other churches? My uncle is a CoC preacher and I've never heard him make such a claim.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#20 Jun 5, 2011
Just browsing the Augustine School's General Curriculum Goals and the first two listed intrigue me.
1)to learn the biblical story of creation, fall, and redemption, including the key figures and events of biblical history
2)to memorize significant portions of Holy Scripture

Now I will have to say that the 9 goals following this are noble and what I look forward to teaching my child these as well. But why not just group these first two in with the other studies of ancient mythology. Why not teach the story of Hercules or Perseus? They, after all, are the sons of gods too, except far more interesting to read about, and some of people of that time had complete faith they were real people too.

United States

#21 Jun 5, 2011
Get over it.. the majority of parents want their children to learn gods word..hopefully if u have kids somebody will lead them to christ..because hell is HOT..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD (Mar '15) 10 min Cemetery Walker 2,446
Why get on topix and quote the eagles songs? 19 min Chopperblades Redoux 18
What really happened at rose hill ? 42 min Guest 1
jscc lpn-rn 54 min Cemetery Walker 4
Downtown Jackson 56 min Larry Lipschitz 16
football on 101.5 1 hr These two tiny fists 7
Sonny Melton 1 hr Shear the sheeple 15

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance