American Atheists and The Treaty of T...

American Atheists and The Treaty of Tripoli

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ANTI ATHEIST

Jackson, MS

#1 Jul 1, 2013
American atheists are celebrating what they consider a victory in Bradford County Florida. They filed a suit to make the county remove a marker with the The 10 Commandments on display there at the courthouse. Now the best they get is a settlement that will allow them to place there own memorial their with the inscription from the Treaty of Tripoli from President John Adams that goes " The United States is in no sense founded on the Christian religion.

Wow what a victory. They get to put up the same lie that our Current President Obama is still telling all the while we are at war with the modern kinfolks of the Islamic Barbary pirates.

Don't our friend's the atheists realize our leaders will tell any lies to the Islamic world that satisfy our means.

John Adams lied to our enemy then just as we are lying to the now. These atheists groups do indeed have strange views of life and history and how our politicians work to achieve our goals

What say you?

down home dad

Jackson, MS

#2 Jul 1, 2013
yep it is a fact those silly jerks will fall for anything.

gullible
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 1, 2013
ANTI ATHEIST wrote:
American atheists are celebrating what they consider a victory in Bradford County Florida. They filed a suit to make the county remove a marker with the The 10 Commandments on display there at the courthouse. Now the best they get is a settlement that will allow them to place there own memorial their with the inscription from the Treaty of Tripoli from President John Adams that goes " The United States is in no sense founded on the Christian religion.
Wow what a victory. They get to put up the same lie that our Current President Obama is still telling all the while we are at war with the modern kinfolks of the Islamic Barbary pirates.
Don't our friend's the atheists realize our leaders will tell any lies to the Islamic world that satisfy our means.
John Adams lied to our enemy then just as we are lying to the now. These atheists groups do indeed have strange views of life and history and how our politicians work to achieve our goals
What say you?
FYI AA have 50 more symbols planned to be installed where the constitution is being violated.
Before making statements about our Founding Fathers lying, I suggest you read some history. I know you will not, as you have proved elsewhere that whatever comes into your head via you pastor is what you believe without evidence
Here is a nice little book (very small) that you can read written by a Christian Minister which will provide the education you obviously need on Church/State separation
"Separation of Church & State" by Forrest Church.
You can buy it used for only $6 and avoid all the ridiculous errors that you normally post on this topic.
http://www.amazon.com/Separation-Church-State...

PS I personally disapprove of the installation of symbols at courthouses. The reason AA installed this is because the County could not afford to remove the existing symbol and were thus forced to allow others to comply with the constitution.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 1, 2013
ANTI ATHEIST wrote:
What say you?
I say do you know who signed the Treaty of Tripoli? Do you know whom you are calling liars?
down home dad

Jackson, MS

#5 Jul 1, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
I say do you know who signed the Treaty of Tripoli? Do you know whom you are calling liars?
then as now. an American president who wished to deal with an enemy any way possible including lying.remeber what Nixon said to Kissinger after the last plane carrying our pow's left Hanoi and Kissinger aske d Nixon: Mr president when do we star paying reparations to north Vietnam? Nixons answer;f+++ the bastards that was a lie I told.

do you really think Adams could have reached an agreement with the pirates if he had not agreed to what they were demanding.

you are so na´ve.

as for the other monuments please put them up and quit filing all those lawsuits. after all the only ones who will see them a re Christians and when compared to the 10 commandments it is no show.

a bunch of lies and superstition
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 1, 2013
down home dad wrote:
<quoted text>
then as now. an American president who wished to deal with an enemy any way possible including lying.remeber what Nixon said to Kissinger after the last plane carrying our pow's left Hanoi and Kissinger aske d Nixon: Mr president when do we star paying reparations to north Vietnam? Nixons answer;f+++ the bastards that was a lie I told.
do you really think Adams could have reached an agreement with the pirates if he had not agreed to what they were demanding.
you are so na´ve.
as for the other monuments please put them up and quit filing all those lawsuits. after all the only ones who will see them a re Christians and when compared to the 10 commandments it is no show.
a bunch of lies and superstition
I repeat the question - do you know who signed the Treaty of Tripoli and whom you are calling liars?
christian

United States

#7 Jul 1, 2013
It was signed by John Adams.
down home dad

Jackson, MS

#8 Jul 1, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat the question - do you know who signed the Treaty of Tripoli and whom you are calling liars?
ADAMS,NIXON,OBAMA, ALL OF THEM. THAT IS WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DEAL WITH AN ENEMY LIKE THEY HAD TO DEAL WITH.
ADAMS MUSLIM
ROSSEVELT WHO KNOWS WHAT THE JAPS WORSHIPPED. THE EMPEROR?
NIXON ATHEISTS
OBAMA MUSLIM.
BESIDES A DAMN TREATY IS NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT IS WRIITEN ON. ADAMS AGREED TO THAT CRAP TO SATISY THE RAG HEADS AND TRICKED THEM. WORKED PRETTY GOOD UNTI 9/11 AND HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE SAME BUNCH OF FANATICS.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 1, 2013
down home dad wrote:
<quoted text>
ADAMS,NIXON,OBAMA, ALL OF THEM. THAT IS WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DEAL WITH AN ENEMY LIKE THEY HAD TO DEAL WITH.
ADAMS MUSLIM
ROSSEVELT WHO KNOWS WHAT THE JAPS WORSHIPPED. THE EMPEROR?
NIXON ATHEISTS
OBAMA MUSLIM.
BESIDES A DAMN TREATY IS NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT IS WRIITEN ON. ADAMS AGREED TO THAT CRAP TO SATISY THE RAG HEADS AND TRICKED THEM. WORKED PRETTY GOOD UNTI 9/11 AND HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE SAME BUNCH OF FANATICS.
Adams was not alone in agreeing to it. The whole of the 5th Congress voted for it. How many UNANIMOUS votes do we get today?
Insulting Founding Fathers such as Adams and Jefferson, by accusing them of lying, makes you a disgrace to our country. You have no basis for your claim - simply your word (and that of your primitive pastor) against the whole of the 5th Congress. Who are we to believe?
Have you considered moving to a country where the church rules? I think Saudi Arabia would suit you very well. There you could get me beheaded for insulting your church.
loverboy 2

Oakland, TN

#10 Jul 1, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Adams was not alone in agreeing to it. The whole of the 5th Congress voted for it. How many UNANIMOUS votes do we get today?
Insulting Founding Fathers such as Adams and Jefferson, by accusing them of lying, makes you a disgrace to our country. You have no basis for your claim - simply your word (and that of your primitive pastor) against the whole of the 5th Congress. Who are we to believe?
Have you considered moving to a country where the church rules? I think Saudi Arabia would suit you very well. There you could get me beheaded for insulting your church.

cant say for sure but that anti atheist guy sure gets you riled up. if he will buy his ticket to saudi i will buy yours.

bye bye auntie. bet he makes it back. you, well thats another story.

seriosly, why cant you acknowledge the truth in what he posts. these presidents have lied all in the best interest of this christian nation and its people. believers and non-believers.
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 1, 2013
loverboy 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
cant say for sure but that anti atheist guy sure gets you riled up. if he will buy his ticket to saudi i will buy yours.
bye bye auntie. bet he makes it back. you, well thats another story.
seriosly, why cant you acknowledge the truth in what he posts. these presidents have lied all in the best interest of this christian nation and its people. believers and non-believers.
Where does your information come from that they lied? Why would they state that this is in no sense a Christian nation if it is, and have every representative of the country agree to that? The Congress can't even agree on what is the truth, let alone what is a lie! If it were a lie, it would be in the public domain - point to it.
Where is Christianity mentioned in the Constitution?
down home dad

Madison, MS

#12 Jul 2, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does your information come from that they lied? Why would they state that this is in no sense a Christian nation if it is, and have every representative of the country agree to that? The Congress can't even agree on what is the truth, let alone what is a lie! If it were a lie, it would be in the public domain - point to it.
Where is Christianity mentioned in the Constitution?
if you cant associate with what is going on today with those past historical events you are truly living in the stoneage. even above you say congress lies or at least incompetent. remember the words we have to pass it to know what is in it.

when adams agreed to that statement it was to satisfy the same crowd of lunatics we are dealing with today. meanwhile back at the congress they are laughing their ass off . obama says he does not put a lot of effort in to trying to capture bin laden and all the while we are spending millions to track him and as soon as he pins him down what happenend.

maybe if you would read some thing less scientific and more political you could understand. either that or you are one na´ve dude. fox news would be a start to get the truth without that liberal spin put on it
down home dad

Madison, MS

#13 Jul 2, 2013
BTW where in the constitution does it say we will be a godless nation?
False Religion

Jackson, TN

#14 Jul 2, 2013
down home dad wrote:
BTW where in the constitution does it say we will be a godless nation?
No where.

BUT it does state that this nation is not one controlled by a religion.

As long as we keep religion from controlling the government, you will be able to keep your religion in your churches, homes and private property.
down home dad

Madison, MS

#15 Jul 2, 2013
False Religion wrote:
<quoted text>
No where.
BUT it does state that this nation is not one controlled by a religion.
As long as we keep religion from controlling the government, you will be able to keep your religion in your churches, homes and private property.
so I wonder what auntie theist problem is?
Auntie Theist

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 2, 2013
He who will not read has no advantage over him who cannot read.
down home dad

Madison, MS

#18 Jul 2, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
THANKS FOR FINALLY AGREEING WITH ME
anti atheist

Madison, MS

#19 Jul 2, 2013
TIFIED ON 7-4-1805 AND THERE ABSOLUTELY IS NO WORDING IN IT AS YOU WISH.
LOOK IT UP
anti atheist

Madison, MS

#20 Jul 2, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
IT IS YOU WHO CAN NOT READ. THAT TREATY THAT YOU WISH EXISTED WAS SET ASIDE AND RATIFIED BY A NEW ONE ON 7-4-1805 AND IT ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT CONTAIN THW WORDING OF AMERICA NOT BEING FOUNDED ON THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION.
THERE IA ALSO MUCH CONTROVERSEY AS TO WHETHER THE FIRST TREATY EVEN CONTAINED IT.
LOOK IT UP

Since: Jun 13

Jackson, TN

#22 Jul 2, 2013
down home dad wrote:
<quoted text>
so I wonder what auntie theist problem is?
It is not Auntie Theist's problem alone.

What part of "home and private property" includes a public courthouse, in your opinion?
The big theme which you're unaware of, is dominant group privilege. In this case, Christian privilege. Since there are so many of them, there are fewer people to stand up to them, and everything they do, they assume is just fine and dandy.

It's quite easy to reach a consensus if you all drink the same kool-aid, so to speak. The atheist foundations' biggest accomplishment is not putting up a structure, it is bringing to the attention of mass media the asymmetry and bias of Christian privilege having spilled over into government affairs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eclipse Plans ? 3 min Guest 15
Donald Trump is not a mastermind 5 min no 394
What causes Bugg Eyes? 14 min Mr Mercedes 1
lard arses 17 min Living it 40
Style pro club sells Fake eclipse glasses 58 min Guest 2
WNWS to make programing changes 1 hr Guest 18
New Burger Place Downtown 4 hr Chain 19

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance