Verdict awaited in Gray murder trial

Verdict awaited in Gray murder trial

There are 16 comments on the Jacksonsun.com story from Feb 4, 2011, titled Verdict awaited in Gray murder trial. In it, Jacksonsun.com reports that:

After deliberating almost six hours, a jury requested the transcript of the testimony from a key witness in the state's case against Justin Gray, the 17-year-old charged in the robbery and shooting of Jackson locksmith Troy Mitchell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jacksonsun.com.

Since: Jan 11

Jackson, TN

#1 Feb 4, 2011
GUILTY!!!!!
duh

Charlotte, NC

#2 Feb 4, 2011
We all know that... but the question is what is the jury deciding?
Real deal Never Fake

Jackson, TN

#3 Jul 20, 2011
Its just crazy to me because they had no finger prints and no actual hard evidence that could prove he did it and the witness the state had to testify had several different statements, admitted to lying to the police so his word couldnt be trusted and yet they still locked my 15 year old cousin up who i know has never lied to me and doesn't even have it in his heart to kill someone, ANYONE....From my point of view Tennessee is still a racist state for example Justin Gray pleaded innocent 2 killing a white war veteran they found no finger prints and still gave him life but yet 6 months after that another young black male admitted to robbing a illegal mexican at gun point and killing him and they gave him 10 years WTF??? Tennessee needs to pull together and stop trying to make examples out of young black kids, fix the economy and help the problem.~real talk!~
how it is

United States

#5 Jul 20, 2011
As a general rule... you plead guilty you get a break. You lie and say you didn't do it and you get the max.
Real Deal Never Fake

Rensselaer, IN

#11 Sep 21, 2011
Ignorance begot Ignorance, Honestly I dont blame you 2 "trainer" or "goodall" i blame whoever raised you!
Real Deal Never Fake

Rensselaer, IN

#12 Sep 21, 2011
"how it is" i understand where you're coming from but that didnt apply for casey anthony now did it!? its a crazy world that we live in.
MOBTANAH LOC

Lexington, TN

#13 Apr 13, 2012
f all yall.....FREE JUSTIN MONTE GRAY...HWD4LIFE
boo

United States

#14 Apr 13, 2012
Real deal Never Fake wrote:
Its just crazy to me because they had no finger prints and no actual hard evidence that could prove he did it and the witness the state had to testify had several different statements, admitted to lying to the police so his word couldnt be trusted and yet they still locked my 15 year old cousin up who i know has never lied to me and doesn't even have it in his heart to kill someone, ANYONE....From my point of view Tennessee is still a racist state for example Justin Gray pleaded innocent 2 killing a white war veteran they found no finger prints and still gave him life but yet 6 months after that another young black male admitted to robbing a illegal mexican at gun point and killing him and they gave him 10 years WTF??? Tennessee needs to pull together and stop trying to make examples out of young black kids, fix the economy and help the problem.~real talk!~
Real talk stop making stupid choices and u won't be examples
boo

United States

#15 Apr 13, 2012
MOBTANAH LOC wrote:
f all yall.....FREE JUSTIN MONTE GRAY...HWD4LIFE
I say give him the chair 3 times just leave DUST TPT4LIFE
@?

United States

#16 Apr 13, 2012
Real deal Never Fake wrote:
Before the economy fell, young black males were still robbing and shooting people. The economy did not make him pull the trigger!
Real Deal Never Fake

Lexington, TN

#17 Aug 8, 2012
boo wrote:
<quoted text>
Real talk stop making stupid choices and u won't be examples
What choice? Being at the wrong place, at the wrong time? Let me hear you say that to your 15 year old child if he/she gets locked up for life over something they didnt do.
Real Deal Never Fake

Lexington, TN

#18 Aug 8, 2012
[QUOTE who="@?"]<quoted text>
Before the economy fell, young black males were still robbing and shooting people. The economy did not make him pull the trigger![/QUOTE]
I didn't say he pulled the trigger? What the hell are you talking about? What generation do you know of that has been economically good?!
yung

Omaha, NE

#19 Aug 22, 2012
its messed up reading this article i use to play football wit this kid,
Tanner

United States

#21 Jan 8, 2013
Real Deal Never Fake wrote:
<quoted text>
What choice? Being at the wrong place, at the wrong time? Let me hear you say that to your 15 year old child if he/she gets locked up for life over something they didnt do.
several eyewitnesses that saw him pull the trigger. But no, he's not guilty or anything. Get your dumbass back to the crack house.
Jdp23

Gleason, TN

#22 Jul 2, 2013
Fck all that hate. I played football with the guy at rosehill middleschool and actually took the time to get to know him. Smart kid with alot of potential. We all make kistakes, his just happen to be a mistake he'll live with forever. And if you have a problem with anything i have posted, unlike most of u bitches, my name is Dalton fuckin Pierce and ill always have his back. Through thick and thin.
FREEJG

Kenton, TN

#23 May 14, 2015
Tanner wrote:
<quoted text> several eyewitnesses that saw him pull the trigger. But no, he's not guilty or anything. Get your dumbass back to the crack house.
You're the one that made yourself look like a dumb ass by being a stereotype and by also saying that several witnesses seen him pull the trigger when not one witness said they seen him or anybody pull the trigger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowe's cutting hours? 7 min Free Advice 19
Lowe's in North Jackson 8 min Regardless 3
Britney petway 25 min Whack A Mole 3
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD (Mar '15) 53 min Intrepid Surfer 2,842
Donald Trump Sexual Assault claims 1 hr southernsenior6 6
News Family struggles to keep up after loss of son 1 hr Twizzler 93
I want to thank Trump. 1 hr johnssidepiece 118

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance