Got lifted at LIFT
Well

Medon, TN

#42 Feb 15, 2013
well wrote:
Hal and his team won't be living in jackson walk cause they are too wealthy. They just collect the subsidies. The rent and houses have a income cap from the housing authority.
I attended a community event and he was stating the new apartments and homes around that area will be for purchase and not section 8 or anything like HarbormTown so I am sure he would be able to live in this planned community.
sam

Mckinney, TX

#43 Feb 15, 2013
Well if he believes so much in his concept. He needs to move their first. Live by example

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#44 Feb 15, 2013
Does anybody know the cost of purchasing a house or renting an apartment, or the cost of the condos, or at least I think they said they would have condos? I noticed the security sign which states the guards are armed and have authority to arrest people, which that might turn out to be a situation where lawsuits could arise from guards not thoroughly trained in arresting people, but hopefully it will be done with professionals and not with barney fife patrolling. I think the lift is a wonderful place, and seems to have something for everybody. This is an exciting time for downtown and hopefully just the beginning.
sam

Fort Worth, TX

#47 Feb 16, 2013
Those are signs only. There are no patrols at night.
If it was so safe would we really need those signs?

Tucker, GA

#48 Feb 16, 2013
sam wrote:
Those are signs only. There are no patrols at night.
If it was so safe would we really need those signs?
Yea.......there are patrols at night. I know this cause my cousin's husband is a deputy and he patrols there on certain nights.
Dang it

Jackson, TN

#49 Feb 16, 2013
sam wrote:
Absolutely all city employees get in free
NO....... We don't !!! You have to buy the city insurance plan.....
Dang it

Jackson, TN

#50 Feb 16, 2013
Well wrote:
County employees get a discount but not teachers even though they are county employees...go figure that???? Hospital employees get a little discount but nothing like the FREE price city employees and their families get if they are on the city's insurance. I agree with the too much glass and open areas. Are the people from JDDC moving into the houses being finished on Morgan street to walk to talk? Which house wiill be Hal's?
Only the sponsor is free......each family member is 40.00 a month.....
Dang it

Jackson, TN

#51 Feb 16, 2013
houdini wrote:
So how exactly did they break into your locker? Was it a pry bar job or did they cut the lock off with bolt cutters?
Wish I knew.....my wallet, cell, and gloves were taken. I set my code and shook door. So YES it was locked.....came back and my stuff was gone..... Cards were used at gas station on Oil Well, I had cell phone bricked, and who would want old gym gloves....
I don't want to say it, but it seems a master code was used.....

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#52 Feb 16, 2013
Dang it wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish I knew.....my wallet, cell, and gloves were taken. I set my code and shook door. So YES it was locked.....came back and my stuff was gone..... Cards were used at gas station on Oil Well, I had cell phone bricked, and who would want old gym gloves....
I don't want to say it, but it seems a master code was used.....
It does seem like an inside job, after all who knows more on who's watching who than the staff.
Come on

Lexington, TN

#53 Feb 16, 2013
I live in midtown and work downtown a block from the Lift. I owned a business downtown for 8 years. Trust me when I tell you, you are in no more danger, anytime day or night in our lovely, well lit, heavily patrolled Historic Downtown Area than you are anywhere else in Jackson. In fact I would have to say you're safer. Yes, there is foot traffic coming from the surrounding low income areas but just because you see someone who walks instead of drives or is headed to Rifa or some other relief organization that doesn't mean they are a criminal. And hey, the neighborhoods nearby are already improving thanks to brave investors who are well aware of the misconceptions people have of Downtown.
gratefull

Lexington, TN

#54 Feb 16, 2013
The LiFT is an amazing facility. How did someone come up with the concept! Shear genius. I'm so excited about all the wonderful things taking shape downtown. We drove around the development and honestly we can't see why people would be concerned about their safety. My wife and I are considering selling our house out north and moving there!
Jax

United States

#55 Feb 18, 2013
The man that claims his locker was broken in to, forgot which locker he put his stuff in and all of his items were found in the locker he locked them in. Don't spread bad stuff about a brand new facility that's an amazing accomplishment Jackson even got something this nice.

United States

#56 Feb 18, 2013
Jax wrote:
The man that claims his locker was broken in to, forgot which locker he put his stuff in and all of his items were found in the locker he locked them in. Don't spread bad stuff about a brand new facility that's an amazing accomplishment Jackson even got something this nice.
Is that why his credit card was used before he could cancel it? Duh.
Jax

Greenville, TX

#57 Feb 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why his credit card was used before he could cancel it? Duh.
Do you believe everything you read on the Internet? Try getting hard evidence from Lift or maybe JPD
OMG

Greenville, TX

#58 Feb 18, 2013
Cause you know the JPD, they're sooooo honest and have Jacksonians best interest at heart !
spin

Denver, CO

#59 Feb 18, 2013
Jax wrote:
So you say the dude forgot which locker he used, so he claimed that his mobile phone, wallet and gloves were missing when he opened up the wrong locker???

United States

#60 Feb 18, 2013
Jax wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe everything you read on the Internet? Try getting hard evidence from Lift or maybe JPD
Ok you're right. His "code" to open his locker worked to open the WRONG locker.
sam

Dallas, TX

#61 Feb 19, 2013
J p d is so trustworthy just ask many of the cops that have robbed citizens during investigations
sam

Dallas, TX

#62 Feb 19, 2013
Shhhh its called damage control.
Muscle Man

United States

#63 Feb 19, 2013
Dang it wrote:
My locker got broken into at this,gym......WTF ?? AND you can't use your own lock...... Was told "oh well" ..... I'm not staying....
Avoid Jackson. Avoid Madison County. Live in Medina. There is a fitness gym in Medina. Enough said. Jackson is shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city of jackson 14 min Judge 29
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD (Mar '15) 1 hr Alyssa76 1,482
chazz oliver 2 hr Amy 4
Kevi 3 hr Dancing queen 1
News How Trump is highlighting divisions among South... 6 hr Mothra 146
What happened to Tom Meiners on WBBJ 7 hr Jeff Y 2 4
Happy Ramadan! 8 hr Auntie Theist 485

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance