First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dang it

Jackson, TN

#1 Feb 12, 2013
My locker got broken into at this,gym......WTF ?? AND you can't use your own lock...... Was told "oh well" ..... I'm not staying....
smh

Lexington, TN

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Dang it wrote:
My locker got broken into at this,gym......WTF ?? AND you can't use your own lock...... Was told "oh well" ..... I'm not staying....
Dang bro I'm sorry that's not good. Prob location. Do first time visitors still get in free

Since: Feb 13

Savannah, TN

#3 Feb 12, 2013
But they said on the radio the police chief would guarantee the safety of the lift center. Guess not

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 12, 2013
This area is considered a candy store for people in the stealing business, as it doesn't get any better than this for a thief. A thief has everything conveniently located in one place, parked cars, new businessses that are not prepared for crime and how to prevent crimes in there businesses, people from areas of safety coming to an area which has the highest amount of thieves living nearby. Hopefully these businesses will have meetings to discuss what everybody can do to help each other, as the thieves will be having there get togethers on how to steal and steal more effectively from your businesses I assure you. Lockers are an easy target which any thief can pick or cut with a small tool. Cars are even easier to get into and the odds are so great on people forgettig to lock there doors make it profitable for the thieves. Stealing from people going in and coming out will be an issue for sure, so people need to become even more aware how not to seem like an easy prey.

Since: Feb 13

Jackson, TN

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
This area is considered a candy store for people in the stealing business, as it doesn't get any better than this for a thief. A thief has everything conveniently located in one place, parked cars, new businessses that are not prepared for crime and how to prevent crimes in there businesses, people from areas of safety coming to an area which has the highest amount of thieves living nearby. Hopefully these businesses will have meetings to discuss what everybody can do to help each other, as the thieves will be having there get togethers on how to steal and steal more effectively from your businesses I assure you. Lockers are an easy target which any thief can pick or cut with a small tool. Cars are even easier to get into and the odds are so great on people forgettig to lock there doors make it profitable for the thieves. Stealing from people going in and coming out will be an issue for sure, so people need to become even more aware how not to seem like an easy prey.
Sounds like someone has had some experience..

Location hidden

#6 Feb 13, 2013
Frat Star wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like someone has had some experience..
Guilt by association only. lol.
sam

United States

#7 Feb 13, 2013
Wow are you really surprised. A high crime area and your locker was broken into? Must of drank the kool aid that it will be patrolled by the police. The police in this town are crooked, rule of blue don't rat on another cop , is extremely prevelant in this town.

Jackson, TN

#8 Feb 13, 2013
the lift is awesome! theft is EVERYWHERE. I live out north in a great big house in a gated community and my house has been robbed. Now what?

Location hidden

#9 Feb 13, 2013
guest wrote:
the lift is awesome! theft is EVERYWHERE. I live out north in a great big house in a gated community and my house has been robbed. Now what?
True, but the only difference will be how many times they will be robbed, which will be many more times than you've been robbed, many many more unfortunately. But yes you're right in respect to the fact criminals have no boundary limits. The area behind the lift is saturated with criminals and Airways Blvd has a large number of people walking the area in search fo easy prey. Williams St., Hatton St., Hollywood Blvd., and the worst area close to the lift would be Allenton Heights. Hopefully the businesses and the people that go to the lift will simply become more aware of there surroundings and quicker to report things that are out of the norm.
really

Jackson, TN

#10 Feb 13, 2013
I work out at the Lift. It is well lit and I see patrol cars the whole time I'm there. Crime is everywhere.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 13, 2013
really wrote:
I work out at the Lift. It is well lit and I see patrol cars the whole time I'm there. Crime is everywhere.
Patrol cars there all the time means places elsewhere will be in jeopardy because of this "new establishment" There's no way the police dept. can or should patrol this area anymore than they do elsewhere. The city doesn't want to be embarrass by crime becoming a nuisance so early on as why you're seeing extra patrols at the lift.

United States

#12 Feb 13, 2013
I have been told the hospital is paying for the extra patrols thru the parking lot. They do need better parking and lighting.
sam

Dallas, TX

#13 Feb 13, 2013
Guest actually works for the city/ investor of the property to keep up the charade that all is safe in downtown jackson
Frankie

United States

#14 Feb 13, 2013
Maxx Guard I'd being paid to patrol with armed guards.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 13, 2013
Frankie wrote:
Maxx Guard I'd being paid to patrol with armed guards.
The owners/ investors can easily afford private security at the lift. I think this was an investment that was really thought out. The bulk of the crime will be to patrons and to the small businesses that will lease there. The apartments and the exercise areas are really limited on crime, for instance again when we use the exercise area it's usually going to be patrons that will suffer by thefts from lockers which is pretty much what a criminal will be going for, as I don't see people carrying off gym equipment that easily. So again it's the cars that will be a high target and extra lighting and most of all security that's well trained should be a great deterrent, again these investors can easily afford the best in security and if they want to make the millions that there going to, surely they wouldn't skimp on security.
ugh

United States

#16 Feb 13, 2013
And 'guest' why did you choose to live in a house out north in a gated community? Why did you qualify your statement about crime with that bit of information? Most likely you could have built or purchased large house in the downtown area at a better price. Your already driving downtown to be at the lift, so convenience isnt the main factor.
workit

United States

#17 Feb 13, 2013
What investors? West TN Healthcare built the wellness center. Don't they own it? Who's making millions on this? Please explain.
sam

Dallas, TX

#18 Feb 13, 2013
Well if crime is everywhere. I challenge you to move to downtown Jackson.
Nuh Uh

Jackson, TN

#19 Feb 13, 2013
Didn't hear there is no monthly fee for city employees? That's why all the cop cars are there. Driving tax payer funded vehicles to get a tax payer funded workout.
sam

Dallas, TX

#20 Feb 13, 2013
Absolutely all city employees get in free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 min Mississippi gurl 149,871
Why do most white people believe they are super... 8 min PINK44 134
Selfie problem 19 min uhhhh oh 7
Ruffin in VIP magazine 22 min time 13
Humane Society Information 34 min Aaron 4
sylvia anderson (Oct '13) 35 min Karma buddy 22
What's David Woolfork Up To These Days? (Feb '14) 1 hr Karaoke 120
married bisexual men 1 hr Yea 36
hot guys in 40s 9 hr guest 45
Lift Fitness Center (Oct '12) Thu team bo 148
•••
•••
•••