LadyBugg

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Anybody have any issues with them when applying to get a job at JMCGH??
Tyrone

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, they don 't like black folk.
Hareetz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Join applicant pool, and your resume is kept for maybe 20mins.
JMCGH

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The whole place is a joke. Lowest paying hospital for the size and region. They rather take that money and build a wing that sits empty with nothing in it. They rather pay 20xs to much for a corner gas station and tear it down and buy up houses paying 20xs market price instead of paying to hard working employees their fair share! They are a joke when say, a RN can work two days in Memphis and make the same as a week here! Wonder why JMCGH staff is horrible and you wait so long in ER? They can't keep good people they go somewhere else. Quick!!! They have the worst retention rate. You see wasted money everywhere in and around WTH and JMCGH and they pay u diddly! I have to give props to anyone working at the hospital and puts up with that. Most people give up and just do what they have to and get by, or look for other employment. The execs and board are to busy looking around at stuff that doesn't matter while there house is running amuck. I would rather go to physicians quality care for a emergency and take my chances there vs that ER! At least they won't let U set out there and bleed out or dehydrate and pass out. They need a overhaul from the top.
Janitor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Tyrone wrote:
Yeah, they don 't like black folk.
Yes they do. They love black folk. Make good environmental services employees. Somebody has to mop the floors and clean the shitters. Clean up the blood and vomit.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do. They love black folk. Make good environmental services employees. Somebody has to mop the floors and clean the shitters. Clean up the blood and vomit.
I appreciate the environmental service employees. They work hard and yes their job may be unpleasant at times so please stop disrespecting them.
oblivious

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate the environmental service employees. They work hard and yes their job may be unpleasant at times so please stop disrespecting them.
I did not take their post as disrespecting service employee's. It was more of a comment on West TN Healthcare's policy to delegate blacks into those positions. Goes back to the old south plantation mentality so prevalent in the local business community and influential families of Jackson TN. "Oh no we don't hate black people here. Why we got a good house boi and a black nanny to change our little precious's diapers and employ a housekeeper to do laundry and "help out". Oh we appreciate our blacks very much." It is that mentality that is so obvious to those who were not "raised 'round here"
Anonymous

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

I have my issues with JMCGH. For one, they claim its a nonretaliatory facility but if you complain about someone that someone finds out and makes your life hell. And NEVER complain about your boss.
BUT I will take up for EVS. You have good and bad in all depts. There are whites in EVS. The white woman that works evenings in the ER works herself into a frenzy making up for what the others don't do. She is sometimes cranky but she's the best they've got. The ER is clean when she's there. Her name is Cindy or Sandy. And they are always complaining about her. But EVS has the hardest and most unrewarding job in the hospital. So here's a big THANK YOU EVS.
In the cafeteria all you see is blacks working. Some are nice, some hateful. Some give you big portions if your black. And small portions if your white. The ones who check you out overcharge whites and undercharge blacks.
The people who do the nicest things for the pts are never given a pat on the back. It's always the good looking and handsome people that makes them look good. JMCGH is the worst place to work. My Mom works there. I keep telling her to quit but she's afraid she will get a bad reference and won't be able to get a job somewhere else.
quality care my azz

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

JMCGH wrote:
The whole place is a joke. Lowest paying hospital for the size and region. They rather take that money and build a wing that sits empty with nothing in it. They rather pay 20xs to much for a corner gas station and tear it down and buy up houses paying 20xs market price instead of paying to hard working employees their fair share! They are a joke when say, a RN can work two days in Memphis and make the same as a week here! Wonder why JMCGH staff is horrible and you wait so long in ER? They can't keep good people they go somewhere else. Quick!!! They have the worst retention rate. You see wasted money everywhere in and around WTH and JMCGH and they pay u diddly! I have to give props to anyone working at the hospital and puts up with that. Most people give up and just do what they have to and get by, or look for other employment. The execs and board are to busy looking around at stuff that doesn't matter while there house is running amuck. I would rather go to physicians quality care for a emergency and take my chances there vs that ER! At least they won't let U set out there and bleed out or dehydrate and pass out. They need a overhaul from the top.
not sure about the hospital...but you are way off about physicians quality care. They lie. They over-charge. And their commercial is a joke: "we treat you like family". Im so glad I'm not related to them!
Who cares

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

So true about the RN pay. By far the worst in the state. There is little to no ancillary support for the RN's. Only one or two Nursing assistants on a floor with 42 rooms. RN's have to clean up more poop, vomit, and blood than any EVS employee. JMCGH is the most profitable "non-profit" hospitable I have ever seen.
Blue Gum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Jdbg25 wrote:
I have my issues with JMCGH. For one, they claim its a nonretaliatory facility but if you complain about someone that someone finds out and makes your life hell. And NEVER complain about your boss.
BUT I will take up for EVS. You have good and bad in all depts. There are whites in EVS. The white woman that works evenings in the ER works herself into a frenzy making up for what the others don't do. She is sometimes cranky but she's the best they've got. The ER is clean when she's there. Her name is Cindy or Sandy. And they are always complaining about her. But EVS has the hardest and most unrewarding job in the hospital. So here's a big THANK YOU EVS.
In the cafeteria all you see is blacks working. Some are nice, some hateful. Some give you big portions if your black. And small portions if your white. The ones who check you out overcharge whites and undercharge blacks.
The people who do the nicest things for the pts are never given a pat on the back. It's always the good looking and handsome people that makes them look good. JMCGH is the worst place to work. My Mom works there. I keep telling her to quit but she's afraid she will get a bad reference and won't be able to get a job somewhere else.

Black hands and white cotten go good together.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

112 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dougie gets Fiscal job at Health Dept 5 min Fred 2
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min WTSenior 141,399
Im A Christian Therefore Im A Republican 8 min Reading is Fundamental 29
Rude customers 9 min Well 5
jmcss 12 min Next Time 44
we need more blacks 12 min Reading is Fundamental 24
Is Love Enough? 21 min wowzers 29
Two shootings, two dead and at least two on the... 22 min Reagan jr 28
Englewood (Jun '13) 1 hr Auntie Theist 1,429
Proof of God 1 hr Auntie Theist 488
•••
•••
•••
Jackson Dating