|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

luke sutton wrote:
private school parents are the worst at parenting i swear
You have no idea about "private school parenting" any more than I know anything about you. I hate how everyone is always bad mouthing private schools, private school students, private school parents. And such brilliant comments like that by that dumbass Cherry Popper, I mean really! Just as in every school system there are good parents and not so much. Don't lump all of us together.
Guest 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

The only reason it's becoming a big deal is because one freshman girl videoed the kids dancing and sent it to her mother who then proceeded to barge into the dance an chew out the chaperones and an 18 year old student. If the parents felt uncomfortable they should have grabbed their kids and left. Those parents should not worry about what other kids are doing if it doesn't involve their own.
Student

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

As a student who was actually at the dance, I can say with certainty that not everyone was on their best behavior. Not everyone acted like perfect ladies and gentleman. But honestly..at what school dance do the kids actually act civilized? At my school, we get one dance a year with the exception of Prom. We just want to go and have fun, but that is easily ruined by those few who think it's okay to act so vulgarly. I did not grind along with many other students. And for those who did, it's not like it's illegal or anything. I think the matter is the business of the people who were there and their parents...it's really not even up to the school to intervene since it was NOT a school function. And for the rest of you..I think it'd be wise to stay out of my highschool's business and get a life.
Dirty dancer

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

If a parent felt uncomfortable with their child going to the event then there was no reason to allow them to go. Instead of keeping their child at home parents decided to spy on highschoolers and cuss an 18 year old out, some example you are. Also if the child was uncomfortable then why ruin everyone else's fun by being a snitch and sending a video to their mommy, that is a huge sign of immaturity and in the future underclassmen will not be invited if they can't handle it. In conclusion, it doesn't matter if the school is Christian or not, teenagers are teenagers and they're gonna mess up, you were a teenager once and you know you weren't a perfect angel sent from God like you expect of teenagers now.
Student

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

New Southern Hotel wrote:
What was up at this dance which was open to other non TCA kids. They had what appeared to be 3 or 4 parents supervising over 200 + kids.
Before I yanked my daughter out I saw all kinds of vulgar dancing.
I understand why you would be upset, but posting horrible things all over the internet about my school and what happened on ONE night is really a poor example to others and you should be ashamed.
Alumnus

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I AGREE WITH THIS!!! Way to go.
Student wrote:
As a student who was actually at the dance, I can say with certainty that not everyone was on their best behavior. Not everyone acted like perfect ladies and gentleman. But honestly..at what school dance do the kids actually act civilized? At my school, we get one dance a year with the exception of Prom. We just want to go and have fun, but that is easily ruined by those few who think it's okay to act so vulgarly. I did not grind along with many other students. And for those who did, it's not like it's illegal or anything. I think the matter is the business of the people who were there and their parents...it's really not even up to the school to intervene since it was NOT a school function. And for the rest of you..I think it'd be wise to stay out of my highschool's business and get a life.
Aaa

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

New Southern Hotel wrote:
What was up at this dance which was open to other non TCA kids. They had what appeared to be 3 or 4 parents supervising over 200 + kids.
Before I yanked my daughter out I saw all kinds of vulgar dancing.
Well maybe you shouldn't have let your daughter go if you felt uncomfortable with it
Grow up

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Seriously? If a little "dirty" dancing is the worst these kids do then you should thank heaven above. Busy body mommying is not only intrusive but offensive. Take care of your own children and stop bashing others' on a public forum. I can only bet you wouldn't want anyone bringing up your behavior in high school on a social media- where everyone can read it. Grow up. This isn't how (good) parents act.
lilmama17767

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

THIS IS STUPID. y'all need to stop taking this out of proportion! Dang. This happened Saturday, and yes people were grinding WHO CARES. Let it go. Freshmen shouldn't have been invited cause obviously they couldn't handle it. Some of y'all freshmen parents need to let y'all kids grow up a little!!!!! Everybody had fun there were no problems until freshmen started videoing everybody & sending it to their parents, how old are we? 5?!?! It wasn't even a TCA function & if you knew you weren't going to be comfortable then you should've STAYED AT HOME! Simple as that. Deuces!✌
High School

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Hello people, this is high school, most of these kids are probably sexually active. It is a high school dance. Parents who try to keep their thumb on little bobby or cindy all the time are going to make their kids sneaky. Things have changed since the 60s and 70s. The types of dances that are popular now are a bit more vulgar but what isnt. Are you going to make sure that your kids dont listen to rap music to. High school kids will mess up, however they are just a few short months away from being in the real world and making their own decisions. You can not protect them forever. Let the kids dance how they want to dance as long as nothing illegal is going on, who cares how they dance. Your daughter or son has probably already seen a penis or a vagina. If you educate them correctly and teach them about safe sex, drinking, and doing drugs you should have nothing to worry about. When I was in High School, if a parent stormed in a dance, that child would be made fun of the remainder of the year. it is time to let them off the leash a little bit. I dont agree with the policy that if they do something out of school that isnt according to policy they will be expelled. They are children for Gods sake. They should not have to live with all these ristrictions all their lives. They will be misserable always trying to please someone else instead of pleasing themselves.
the facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

The small number of students that drank were predominately non-TCA students. The chaperones were not the most qualified for the role they were supposed to fill, but that does not in any way mean that the students were forced to dance the way they did. The view of grinding doesn't promote sexual activity even close to "making out". It is generally something all students morally sound and not so morally sound do. Parents view it in a completely different light much like the dancing of previous generations and the way their parents viewed their dancing. Unlike the rumors, no sexual acts of any sort occurred. Some younger students were offended because they have only been taught to view "grinding" by their parents standards. It was much less dirty and much more normal than any parent could understand. But the negative reaction from the parents is understandable because of miscommunication.

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

cigarettes

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

cigaret
Ex tca student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Oh, also there is a lesbian coach who has sex and sleepovers with a female student at the school. I don't know how I forgot to add that. It was a great school. I loved being a slut and the parents/teachers condoning it. The spanish teacher even has a liquor cabinet that the students sip from. Best 4 years of my life.
Confused

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Everyone knew there would be grinding. How do you expect kids to dance to rap music? And why couldn't the children who were uncomfortable with the behavior just let their parents pick them up? And if grinding is viewed by parents as un-Christian like... isn't this judgmental post on the Internet just as sinful?? You are judging a big group of children for struggling with something you didn't struggle with when you were their age. Raise and teach your kids the way you feel necessary, but don't put a huge group of kids down.
Lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Peanus...
TCA

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

ex tca student is lying through her teeth. that is not true. if everyone of you got to see what we see everyday you would do everything possible to send your child there. I'm a tca student who was at the formal. i saw the whole thing. parents did go overboard on several occasions. its only because they love us though and they love the Lord. yes, people were grinding, but it really is not a big deal if you have your mind in the right spot. and MOST of ours were. nobody is perfect obviously. we had a great night and i hope this answers all your questions. feel free to ask more
O_O A

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Lolcats
Student

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Alumnus wrote:
I AGREE WITH THIS!!! Way to go. <quoted text>
THANKS!
Former student

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Honestly, it doesn't sound like these dances have changed much since I've been there. The answer to the problem is to not let your kids go if you aren't comfortable with what will be going on. I went to those, but I didn't like what was going on. My parents let me make my own decisions. Actually though, looking back, they weren't that fun.
I don't think the important part of highs school is to make decisions that they will regret. But make memories. Parents are crazy If they think they can keep their kids from making stupid decisions, but I think putting them in trinity is a good start. The teachers love them and want the best for them

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ending Jackson and all American violence 34 min Zebo 13
School Violence 34 min Guest 7
jmcss 1 hr duh 38
Emi Jones and Emily Holt (Fake Facebook Accoun... 1 hr Guest 3
Family Christian School 2 hr Guest 8
Im A Christian Therefore Im A Republican 2 hr Anarchist 24
Best mayor (Jun '13) 2 hr guest 38
we need more blacks 2 hr Reagan jr 17
Two shootings, two dead and at least two on the... 3 hr Guest 27