Dirty Dancing at TCA Student Led Dance

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
New Southern Hotel

Medon, TN

#1 Feb 4, 2013
What was up at this dance which was open to other non TCA kids. They had what appeared to be 3 or 4 parents supervising over 200 + kids.

Before I yanked my daughter out I saw all kinds of vulgar dancing.
Oh No

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2013
Oh no! Dirty dancing?!?!? The world is ending!!!!!!
Typical

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2013
"Christian" sluts just acting like their mommas.....
New Southern Hotel wrote:
What was up at this dance which was open to other non TCA kids. They had what appeared to be 3 or 4 parents supervising over 200 + kids.
Before I yanked my daughter out I saw all kinds of vulgar dancing.
dickie

Jackson, TN

#4 Feb 4, 2013
they are usually the biggest freaks.
please people!!

Jackson, TN

#6 Feb 4, 2013
Cherry Popper wrote:
Gonna pop me a TCA Freshman cherry before school is out:). Them girlz are in heat!
Wow, what high goals you set for yourself, moron!
Nervous

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Sounds like momma is nervous her daughter may be just like she was in high school......

[QUOTE who="please people!!"]<quoted text>
Wow, what high goals you set for yourself, moron![/QUOTE]
Really

Jackson, TN

#8 Feb 5, 2013
It is my understanding there were a total of three parents at the dance. The Junior class chose the parents and put the dance on. It is not a TCA sponsored event and is used to raise money for the prom. It is however a BAD idea. Clearly every year something happens and parents are upset. The board should stop this event from happening every year. Rumors of drinking, poor behavior and sexual encounters are not good for the school or the kids!!! Where there is smoke there is fire. I do not believe the kids should be allowed to be in a position for this to happen.
This has gotten WAY out of hand and needs to be stopped!!!!

Jackson, TN

#9 Feb 5, 2013
Nervous wrote:
Sounds like momma is nervous her daughter may be just like she was in high school......

[QUOTE who="please people!!"]<quoted text>
Wow, what high goals you set for yourself, moron!"
You're assuming I'm a momma, sorry I'm a dad.
Nervous

United States

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Sure you are.......
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming I'm a momma, sorry I'm a dad.
Question

United States

#11 Feb 5, 2013
How can the board stop parents and kids from putting on a private event not sanctioned by the school?
Really wrote:
It is my understanding
there were a total of three parents at the dance. The Junior class chose the parents and put the dance on. It is not a TCA sponsored event and is used to raise money for the prom. It is however a BAD idea. Clearly every year something happens and parents are upset. The board should stop this event from happening every year. Rumors of drinking, poor behavior and sexual encounters are not good for the school or the kids!!! Where there is smoke there is fire. I do not believe the kids should be allowed to be in a position for this to happen.
This has gotten WAY out of hand and needs to be stopped!!!!
Really

Jackson, TN

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Question wrote:
How can the board stop parents and kids from putting on a private event not sanctioned by the school?
<quoted text>
The board can put a ban on any type of function being used as a "fund raiser" for the prom (the prom is a TCA sponsored event). The board can set limits and rules on what is and is not allowed as a fund raiser.
All students and parents sign a contract when enrolling at TCA that covers appropriate behavior on and off campus. There is a clause that allows a student to be dis-enrolled based on poor behavior off campus as the student represents TCA at all times during their enrollment at TCA so I fell very sure if the board wants to put a stop to this they can find some way to ban this "fund Raiser".
honeybee

Pasadena, TX

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Get over yourself. Let them be kids while they still can. This is the time of their life to have fun. Soon enough the worries of the world will be on them.

They are so close to having to deal with crap like bills, jobs, families, medical etc.

Let them enjoy this time. Stop being so hard on them. Talk to your own kid about safe sex, the dangers of drinking and driving etc. Teach them to be safe but let them have their momemt. Its gone in a blink of an eye.

Jackson, TN

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Cherry Popper wrote:
Gonna pop me a TCA Freshman cherry before school is out:). Them girlz are in heat!
Lol, you wish!
Really

Jackson, TN

#15 Feb 5, 2013
honeybee wrote:
Get over yourself. Let them be kids while they still can. This is the time of their life to have fun. Soon enough the worries of the world will be on them.
They are so close to having to deal with crap like bills, jobs, families, medical etc.
Let them enjoy this time. Stop being so hard on them. Talk to your own kid about safe sex, the dangers of drinking and driving etc. Teach them to be safe but let them have their momemt. Its gone in a blink of an eye.
Obviously, your idea of being a kid and mine a very different. If you place a child in a bad situation you can't be surprised if they make a stupid mistake. The problem with that is stupid mistakes can kill. It is my job as a parent to protect my child a prepare my child for the real world. This does not in my opinion included letting them run buck wild for the sake of having the time of their lives.
It would all be fine and good if there was not ALWAYS reports of sex, drinking, and inappropriate behavior at these dances. Not what I want my child involved in.
honeybee

Pasadena, TX

#16 Feb 5, 2013
I applaud you being involved in your childs life. Don't geT me wrong. I just wish you would cut them a little slack. Educate them on safety and show some trust. I hope we can meet in the middle on this. It sounds like your child can be trusted to go to a dance and make good choices. Pulling her away from the event didn't show much trust in her. Good luck, it does sound like you raised a fine young woman. Have some trust in yourself, as well. Trust you have raised her to make good choices.
luke sutton

Jackson, TN

#17 Feb 5, 2013
private school parents are the worst at parenting i swear
Really

Jackson, TN

#18 Feb 5, 2013
honeybee wrote:
I applaud you being involved in your childs life. Don't geT me wrong. I just wish you would cut them a little slack. Educate them on safety and show some trust. I hope we can meet in the middle on this. It sounds like your child can be trusted to go to a dance and make good choices. Pulling her away from the event didn't show much trust in her. Good luck, it does sound like you raised a fine young woman. Have some trust in yourself, as well. Trust you have raised her to make good choices.
The trust was not lacking in my child. It was lacking in the situation it's self and based on the report back my lack of trust was correct. PS, my child is a young man :) I hope I have raised him to make good choices I am just not ready to "test the waters" so to speak. HAVING to make choice by chance and KNOWING a choice will have to be made are two different things.
Luck to you too!!
honeybee

Pasadena, TX

#19 Feb 5, 2013
Sorry for the assumption. I know he is a good guy from what you have typed about your concerns. Your points are valid. Mine are as well. I hope that this conversation has given us both insight and things to think on.
In the know

Henderson, TN

#20 Feb 5, 2013
It may not be school- sponsored, but announcements are made at school, planning committees meet there, sign -ups are in there, etc. Trust me, if someone at the school tries to say they don't know what goes on they are a bold-faced liar! Which for such a pious, legalistic "student activities director" is certainly hypocritical.
Really

Jackson, TN

#21 Feb 5, 2013
honeybee wrote:
Sorry for the assumption. I know he is a good guy from what you have typed about your concerns. Your points are valid. Mine are as well. I hope that this conversation has given us both insight and things to think on.
Not a problem.
I agree.Thanks for your kind words, it is refreshing to be able to have a conversation that does not turn south due to a difference of opinion! Thank you for that too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Downtown Jackson (Jan '15) 12 min Downtown 193
Trump cuts heating for the elderly. 46 min Harry Scrotum 6
flu 1 hr hht123 6
WNWS account suspended ? 1 hr Frogger 17
jy 1 hr Vic Odin 27
ObamaCare is the law of the land for the forese... 2 hr Mrs Clombat Clamb... 76
Trump Vindicated 2 hr Jesperion Drumble... 42
WWBBJ News 12 hr Supervisor 44
usj 19 hr Tabeastie 16
Trinity Christian Academy Thug Mon ChopperBlades 25