Breaking news; UT to name new footbal...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nuts

Jackson, TN

#21 Dec 8, 2012
Interesting wrote:
As long as the man can get higher caliber recruits, then he will do fine. It's still Tennessee, for God's sake. The problem is, when you start losing the recruits you once got, and then they are on other SEC roster. You lose your edge you had for over two decades. That's what happened when Fulmer went, and we still haven't really stolen a great recruit, other than Janzen Jackson and Da'Rick Rogers. However, we saw what happened to both of these gentlemen. There was just NO structure or disciplining while Dooley was here. That's got a lot to do with our current state of affairs
Agreed. But when recruiting we need team leaders! I saw A.J. trying to step up. I know there have been others but we are really lacking some. I still wish we would mend fences with Phil and let him have an administrative roll. He could help with recruiting and lets face it he loved Tennessee. I feel he could be a tremendous asset if in the right position. GO VOLS!
nuts

Jackson, TN

#22 Dec 8, 2012
ChopperBlades wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine how I have been feeling as an Irish fan thes past lean years?**LOL**
See I like fans like you the band wagon jumpers drive me nuts.

“Made you look!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#23 Dec 8, 2012
nuts, I have been Irish fan since before you were an evil glint in your daddy's eyes. I was a fan when Ara was there and Devine and Davies and Willingham and Weis and now Kelly-get my drift? I was once a TN fan but they they treated Battle like he was hog wallow and I said 'no more'.
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#24 Dec 8, 2012
ChopperBlades wrote:
nuts, I have been Irish fan since before you were an evil glint in your daddy's eyes. I was a fan when Ara was there and Devine and Davies and Willingham and Weis and now Kelly-get my drift? I was once a TN fan but they they treated Battle like he was hog wallow and I said 'no more'.
I might only be 22, but I'm very well versed in the history of UT football too. Why don't you look at the Bill Battle trends. His first couple of years with Doug Dickey's players, he did quite well. Once that stopped, it went straight down hill. The only good thing Battle did for UT, besides running it straight into the ground, was making Condridge the starting qb. Battle couldn't recruit worth a damn near the end there

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#25 Dec 8, 2012
I am not speaking of his coaching abilities/inabilities. I am referencing the treatment he received. However, he did become a millinaire so he probably thanks the alums/board of UTK daily.
nuts

Jackson, TN

#26 Dec 8, 2012
ChopperBlades wrote:
I hope you did not take me wrong. I said "I like fans like you" I kinda got that you are not a fair weather fan. I was little when Battle was let go but I do read alot, If I remember right, it was in the early the 70's so the "glint" had long since turned to some sleep in my dads eye. I don't know the reasons behind the changing of the guard on the hill back then, but I do know Johnny Majors was no scrub. I do remember some did not like it when he was replaced and also when Phil was (I was one of them). Like I said I like fans like you and best of luck to you and your Irish.
nuts

Jackson, TN

#27 Dec 8, 2012
Oh yeah.. GO VOLS!

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#28 Dec 8, 2012
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I might only be 22, but I'm very well versed in the history of UT football too. Why don't you look at the Bill Battle trends. His first couple of years with Doug Dickey's players, he did quite well. Once that stopped, it went straight down hill. The only good thing Battle did for UT, besides running it straight into the ground, was making Condridge the starting qb. Battle couldn't recruit worth a damn near the end there
If you are 'well-versed' in the history of UT football' then you would know that it's Condredge, not Contridge. Maybe it was just a typo?

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#29 Dec 8, 2012
nuts wrote:
<quoted text> I hope you did not take me wrong. I said "I like fans like you" I kinda got that you are not a fair weather fan. I was little when Battle was let go but I do read alot, If I remember right, it was in the early the 70's so the "glint" had long since turned to some sleep in my dads eye. I don't know the reasons behind the changing of the guard on the hill back then, but I do know Johnny Majors was no scrub. I do remember some did not like it when he was replaced and also when Phil was (I was one of them). Like I said I like fans like you and best of luck to you and your Irish.
My apologies;the post kind of ran together and I thought you were making me a "bandwagon" fan. I do apologize for the misinterpretation of your post.
Nuts

Jackson, TN

#30 Dec 8, 2012
ChopperBlades wrote:
<quoted text>My apologies;the post kind of ran together and I thought you were making me a "bandwagon" fan. I do apologize for the misinterpretation of your post.
accepted. I suck at punctuation and spelling. I can sing a mean Rocky Top and like me some Irish wiskey. Lol. Good day to all I got to get to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donna Powell Taylor 1 hr Helpful 1
Hillary King 3 hr Just askin 1
JMCSS Office Video 3 hr guest 17
Woman from Jackson on Jimmy Kimmell tonite 4 hr Guest 6
Ex wonders 6 hr ehhh 2
White Privilege is a Thing 7 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 53
JMCSS teacher shortage...again? 8 hr southside 8
TCA Criminals Caught Again 13 hr WLM 19

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web