Breaking news; UT to name new footbal...

Breaking news; UT to name new football coach tomorrow

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
clem

Monterey, TN

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Jack Del RIo
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Have heard his name thrown out there, but I highly doubt it. To me, that's like when Bill Callahan got fired from the Raiders, and took the Nebraska job. Nobody won, let's put it that way. I don't think there needs to be as much of a rush. A lot of coaches don't get hired until late December. No reason to rush to get a bad hire
Nuts

United States

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Butch jones
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#4 Dec 7, 2012
Nuts wrote:
Butch jones
yep

“Made you look!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5 Dec 7, 2012
You reap what you sow(what you pay for).
nuts

Jackson, TN

#6 Dec 7, 2012
ChopperBlades wrote:
You reap what you sow(what you pay for).
You get what you can get. It is sad but coaches are not knocking down the door to be at UT right now. If I am not mistaken Dooley was paid well and there was not much to "reap". I am for UT good or bad. I say give him a chance. GO VOLS!

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#7 Dec 7, 2012
5th choice is 5th choice. Not beating door down due to knowing what it's going to be like for 2-3 years possibly?
nuts

Jackson, TN

#8 Dec 7, 2012
ChopperBlades wrote:
5th choice is 5th choice. Not beating door down due to knowing what it's going to be like for 2-3 years possibly?
Or longer.lol If (I know is is very very very unlikely) we can get the talented juniors to stay. We have a great O line, good offensive coaching staff, and a few, very few, talented players on defence. Maybe we can rebuild the defence and pull seven wins next year. I would be happy with seven. If these things don't happen it could be lean for a while. GO VOLS!
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#9 Dec 7, 2012
I think the offense should be fine. I'm more of a pro style type of guy personally. The key thing will be maintaining the spread he wants to run, but have an understanding that short yardage and goal line packages will be a key to close wins. Also, it's important to throw a few under center plays in to throw the defense a bit.

The defense is still my main concern throughout this whole transition. We saw how long, meaning never, it took the defense to develop this season. Will we be 4-3 or 3-4? These are main concerns at the moment with the hire. I'm also curious how is kickers and punters fared under his watch
WOW

Mooresville, NC

#10 Dec 7, 2012
No way we get 7 wins next year. Ours is one of the toughest schedules in the country in 2013.
Nuts

Jackson, TN

#11 Dec 7, 2012
WOW wrote:
No way we get 7 wins next year. Ours is one of the toughest schedules in the country in 2013.
I said if the juniors stay and if the defense gets straightened out. Your probably right but its call realistic optimism you should try it.
WOW

Mooresville, NC

#12 Dec 7, 2012
Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>I said if the juniors stay and if the defense gets straightened out. Your probably right but its call realistic optimism you should try it.

I really want to try it. Just don't want to get my hopes up. And I am being a negative nancy as well because 7 wins is possible. Assuming we beat Kentucky and Vandy, that should get us to 5 wins. We would need to beat Missouri and Auburn to get to 7. That is possible. But the schedule is brutal next year.
Nuts

Jackson, TN

#13 Dec 7, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I really want to try it. Just don't want to get my hopes up. And I am being a negative nancy as well because 7 wins is possible. Assuming we beat Kentucky and Vandy, that should get us to 5 wins. We would need to beat Missouri and Auburn to get to 7. That is possible. But the schedule is brutal next year.
I agree! Should have a lot of tv time but only because most the teams we have will be ranked. I agree on the hopes up thing I was physically sick after the Florida game this year. It can only get better. GO VOLS!
bama fan

Savannah, TN

#14 Dec 7, 2012
Roll tide roll
Nuts

Tucker, GA

#15 Dec 8, 2012
bama fan wrote:
Roll tide roll
This was a thread about Tennessee but Alabama is awesome, almost as good as A&M. Represent the SEC and get another title but I bleed orange. GO VOLS!

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#16 Dec 8, 2012
If you bleed orange you really should see your doctor; something bad wrong with your insides.**LOL**
Nuts

Jackson, TN

#17 Dec 8, 2012
ChopperBlades wrote:
If you bleed orange you really should see your doctor; something bad wrong with your insides.**LOL**
One of my best attributes and worst at times. Here lately the wounds have been deep but I still bleed orange. GO VOLS!
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#18 Dec 8, 2012
As long as the man can get higher caliber recruits, then he will do fine. It's still Tennessee, for God's sake. The problem is, when you start losing the recruits you once got, and then they are on other SEC roster. You lose your edge you had for over two decades. That's what happened when Fulmer went, and we still haven't really stolen a great recruit, other than Janzen Jackson and Da'Rick Rogers. However, we saw what happened to both of these gentlemen. There was just NO structure or disciplining while Dooley was here. That's got a lot to do with our current state of affairs

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#19 Dec 8, 2012
Kiffin's discipline was no better than Dooley's; he just wasn't around for 2 more years.

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#20 Dec 8, 2012
Nuts wrote:
<quoted text> One of my best attributes and worst at times. Here lately the wounds have been deep but I still bleed orange. GO VOLS!
Imagine how I have been feeling as an Irish fan thes past lean years?**LOL**

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebc pastors please shutdown the intern program 4 min EBC 8
Fear the Greer 5 min the 301 5
Tax Religion Now 34 min Suite Pee 1
Heath Ransom- lawd have mercy 45 min Lil Billy 19
drag racing 47 min guest 4
Getting my stuff back 50 min guest 79
You know what's Bullsh*t? 1 hr emenius sleepus 7
Jeff Young: Discussion # 5 1 hr Sam Tucker 46

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web