Thread for Non-Believers

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#269 Mar 9, 2013
My Movie Of The Week

The Red Shoes

This is another fine Powell and Pressburger production with legendary Cinematographer, Jack Cardiff, wonderfully restored in high-definition and presented by The Criterion Collection on Blu-ray.
EvolutionMan

Tucker, GA

#270 Mar 9, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
My Movie Of The Week
The Red Shoes
This is another fine Powell and Pressburger production with legendary Cinematographer, Jack Cardiff, wonderfully restored in high-definition and presented by The Criterion Collection on Blu-ray.
I haven't really watched many movies in the past few years, I have a few favorites, but I really just haven't dedicated much time to film.

I'll check it out, I'm not much into fiction unless the story line is really compelling.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#275 Mar 10, 2013
Raw wrote:
Atheist cop sues after being demoted to car washer for refusing to pray
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/08/atheist...
It shows how religion can be divisive even on a predominantly catholic island.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#276 Mar 10, 2013
EvolutionMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't really watched many movies in the past few years, I have a few favorites, but I really just haven't dedicated much time to film.
I'll check it out, I'm not much into fiction unless the story line is really compelling.
A great factual film, probably to your liking would be: "The Life of Brian."
EvolutionMan

United States

#278 Mar 10, 2013
monkeys among us wrote:
<quoted text>See proof you are crazy.Here you are talking to yourself.I see you're desperate for conversation
I bet your just a ray of sunshine in real life, aren't you?

Since: Feb 13

United States

#279 Mar 10, 2013
According to Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question. Was there a magic garden called Eden? Was there a serpent in that garden that spoke?
You in fact can change my mind but you must do so through evidence.
Although I dont attend church, I was raised in a relegious home, my dad, grandad, and g-grandad, were all pastors of different demoninations.
It is my belief that yes, there was a garden of eden where the rivers joined. Nasa recentley found evidence of these rivers through the infra red telescope satallites.
A serpent? Yes, but it wasnt a snake, you might be surprised at what it was.
The serpent, was satan, in the flesh. How many times have you yourself heard someone call someone else a 'snake', hence, serpent.
And what was the forbidden fruit?
Again, you might be surprised at the answer.
Evolution, science, and christianity should be walking hand in hand, but the church leaders are ignorant in such fields. There is no excuse why relegion and science cannot complaiment one another.
Astronomy and cosmology are hobbies of mine, and I find it amazeing that relegion cannot, will not, embrace the facts, when in reality, these facts can only compliment relegion.
EvolutionMan

Jackson, TN

#280 Mar 10, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text> Although I dont attend church, I was raised in a relegious home, my dad, grandad, and g-grandad, were all pastors of different demoninations.
It is my belief that yes, there was a garden of eden where the rivers joined. Nasa recentley found evidence of these rivers through the infra red telescope satallites.
A serpent? Yes, but it wasnt a snake, you might be surprised at what it was.
The serpent, was satan, in the flesh. How many times have you yourself heard someone call someone else a 'snake', hence, serpent.
And what was the forbidden fruit?
Again, you might be surprised at the answer.
Evolution, science, and christianity should be walking hand in hand, but the church leaders are ignorant in such fields. There is no excuse why relegion and science cannot complaiment one another.
Astronomy and cosmology are hobbies of mine, and I find it amazeing that relegion cannot, will not, embrace the facts, when in reality, these facts can only compliment relegion.
How would you say science and the bible go hand in hand? Do you have any examples? And what do you do when your faced with facts that don't match up with the Bible?
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#281 Mar 11, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text> Although I dont attend church, I was raised in a relegious home, my dad, grandad, and g-grandad, were all pastors of different demoninations.
It is my belief that yes, there was a garden of eden where the rivers joined. Nasa recentley found evidence of these rivers through the infra red telescope satallites.
A serpent? Yes, but it wasnt a snake, you might be surprised at what it was.
The serpent, was satan, in the flesh. How many times have you yourself heard someone call someone else a 'snake', hence, serpent.
And what was the forbidden fruit?
Again, you might be surprised at the answer.
Evolution, science, and christianity should be walking hand in hand, but the church leaders are ignorant in such fields. There is no excuse why relegion and science cannot complaiment one another.
Astronomy and cosmology are hobbies of mine, and I find it amazeing that relegion cannot, will not, embrace the facts, when in reality, these facts can only compliment relegion.
Non overlapping magisterium - do you have any fossils from your garden?
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#283 Mar 12, 2013
Great news for all non - believers and those who support the Constitution!
http://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/17021...
ANTI ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#287 Mar 12, 2013
According to Reason wrote:
ANTI-ATHEIST I mean.
It must be hard keeping all your aunties straight. looks like our friends at FFRF have taken on a fight they will not win and i guess they will want thier bills paid by the taxpayers.

did you and auntie theist read the suit. there is something real interesting on page 38 line 11 to wit: An atheist who sought to remain true to his RELIGION therefor, was essentially preclude from serving in the military. both of you need to read that. in a lawsuit filed by FFRF they state atheism is a religion. that is true.

there you have in the words of your own attorney,an athest, representing your church that atheism is a religion.

it will be interesting to see how you and auntie will disavow your relgion and your priests at FFRF.

as for the suit money is money to me. i love making it and as far as the religious mesage goes it does not concern me,but i do think this is a fight they will lose. when i glance at curency i look for the denomination.

now back to your religion of non religion i have a question for you and auntie.

do you tithe to FFRF?
EvolutionMan

United States

#288 Mar 12, 2013
ANTI ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be hard keeping all your aunties straight. looks like our friends at FFRF have taken on a fight they will not win and i guess they will want thier bills paid by the taxpayers.
did you and auntie theist read the suit. there is something real interesting on page 38 line 11 to wit: An atheist who sought to remain true to his RELIGION therefor, was essentially preclude from serving in the military. both of you need to read that. in a lawsuit filed by FFRF they state atheism is a religion. that is true.
there you have in the words of your own attorney,an athest, representing your church that atheism is a religion.
it will be interesting to see how you and auntie will disavow your relgion and your priests at FFRF.
as for the suit money is money to me. i love making it and as far as the religious mesage goes it does not concern me,but i do think this is a fight they will lose. when i glance at curency i look for the denomination.
now back to your religion of non religion i have a question for you and auntie.
do you tithe to FFRF?
I know I sure don't. They are fighting for equal rights though, you can't deny that.
Anti Atheist

Madison, MS

#290 Mar 13, 2013
According to Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^What did I tell you?-> http://joyfulpapist.files.wordpress.com/2013/...
when confronted with real challenges you like to resort to childish behaviour like posting your cartoon friends.

why not respond to my challenge that your curch FFRF has stated in a federal lawsuit thet athieism is a religion,

Go to FFRF.org and click on the tab Non believers file suit to remove god fromus money. read the whole suit if you wish but as a shortcut you can go to page 38 line 11.

now quit being childish and do it
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#291 Mar 13, 2013
ANTI ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be hard keeping all your aunties straight. looks like our friends at FFRF have taken on a fight they will not win and i guess they will want thier bills paid by the taxpayers.
did you and auntie theist read the suit. there is something real interesting on page 38 line 11 to wit: An atheist who sought to remain true to his RELIGION therefor, was essentially preclude from serving in the military. both of you need to read that. in a lawsuit filed by FFRF they state atheism is a religion. that is true.
there you have in the words of your own attorney,an athest, representing your church that atheism is a religion.
it will be interesting to see how you and auntie will disavow your relgion and your priests at FFRF.
as for the suit money is money to me. i love making it and as far as the religious mesage goes it does not concern me,but i do think this is a fight they will lose. when i glance at curency i look for the denomination.
now back to your religion of non religion i have a question for you and auntie.
do you tithe to FFRF?
You are quite right. Well done for using critical thinking in this case alone. It is not the way I would have chosen to fight the battle but I am not a lawyer. I would have chosen to say that the First Amendment grants the right of no religion just as it grants the right of no speech. People who are dumb are still protected by the First Amendment. All people are born atheists.
I wonder why they chose to use that method? I feel that if they used my argument they would win easily, but I'm not happy about their choice.
Auntie Theist

Memphis, TN

#292 Mar 13, 2013
Anti Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
when confronted with real challenges you like to resort to childish behaviour like posting your cartoon friends.
why not respond to my challenge that your curch FFRF has stated in a federal lawsuit thet athieism is a religion,
Go to FFRF.org and click on the tab Non believers file suit to remove god fromus money. read the whole suit if you wish but as a shortcut you can go to page 38 line 11.
now quit being childish and do it
On your behalf, I contacted FFRF and here is a copy and paste from their reply especially for you:
That's Mike Newdow's mantra. We have tried and tried to argue him out of it; he does the work, pro bono, and so far his reference to this hasn't had any injurious effect. He seems to feel that only "religions" get the "free exercise" clause. You have no idea how many emails and discussions we've had with him on this."
EvolutionMan

Jackson, TN

#293 Mar 13, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
On your behalf, I contacted FFRF and here is a copy and paste from their reply especially for you:
That's Mike Newdow's mantra. We have tried and tried to argue him out of it; he does the work, pro bono, and so far his reference to this hasn't had any injurious effect. He seems to feel that only "religions" get the "free exercise" clause. You have no idea how many emails and discussions we've had with him on this."
Thanks, brings some clarification to it. It makes sense in the court systems. I was going to give them a call myself but this clears it up, thanks.
EvolutionMan

Jackson, TN

#294 Mar 13, 2013
Anti Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
when confronted with real challenges you like to resort to childish behaviour like posting your cartoon friends.
why not respond to my challenge that your curch FFRF has stated in a federal lawsuit thet athieism is a religion,
Go to FFRF.org and click on the tab Non believers file suit to remove god fromus money. read the whole suit if you wish but as a shortcut you can go to page 38 line 11.
now quit being childish and do it
As to what Auntie-Theist dug up, thats a statement by the Pro-Bono lawyer working the case, the organization itself has never stated its a religious sect. The lawyer feels that it makes the case stronger to the public, but I and others surely don't agree with that assumption.
luuvryboy 12

Brandon, MS

#295 Mar 13, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
On your behalf, I contacted FFRF and here is a copy and paste from their reply especially for you:
That's Mike Newdow's mantra. We have tried and tried to argue him out of it; he does the work, pro bono, and so far his reference to this hasn't had any injurious effect. He seems to feel that only "religions" get the "free exercise" clause. You have no idea how many emails and discussions we've had with him on this."
no,no,no, not on my behalf. you see your religion is just like ours. when there is a problem and there appears to be no answer go to your minister or priest.

you did exactly the same thing by consulting with your priest at your church FFRF and true to form they had an answer. we are not a religion except when it is to our benefit to be one.

thats kinda sorta how you sometimes refer to us fundies.
luuvryboy 12

Brandon, MS

#296 Mar 13, 2013
EvolutionMan wrote:
<quoted text>
As to what Auntie-Theist dug up, thats a statement by the Pro-Bono lawyer working the case, the organization itself has never stated its a religious sect. The lawyer feels that it makes the case stronger to the public, but I and others surely don't agree with that assumption.
please refer to my response to auntie theist
EvolutionMan

Jackson, TN

#297 Mar 13, 2013
luuvryboy 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
no,no,no, not on my behalf. you see your religion is just like ours. when there is a problem and there appears to be no answer go to your minister or priest.
you did exactly the same thing by consulting with your priest at your church FFRF and true to form they had an answer. we are not a religion except when it is to our benefit to be one.
thats kinda sorta how you sometimes refer to us fundies.
Meet me in town so we can talk about this in person, because you really have no idea what the lives of atheists are like.lol

You could even come as my guest to the Lift Center downtown.
EvolutionMan

United States

#299 Mar 13, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>lol really what a sad atempt to turn a man gay. I know you want to see what he's got but sad
You seem to not know a kind gesture when you see one, may be because they aren't given to you often?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
8th district congressional primary prediction 7 min Flogging my Goose 1
Northside Coach 15 min Question 7
The Foster's ? 29 min not fooling me 4
JMCSS Office Video 53 min Trump Man 35
Businessman Brad Greer Winning US TN_08 Race 59 min Ivanka 3
Hollywood Canine 1 hr Matlock 26
photo shoot jy22222 1 hr RockNDouche 2
TCA Criminals Caught Again Thu WLM 19

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages