blade

Jackson, TN

#1 Aug 6, 2012
Dear School Board, want to bring our schools current- stop all this unnecessary paperwork each year. These beginning of the year forms have no real purpose. Put all this stuff on line and let parents log in to update. Stop spending on textbooks and go to e- readers. Research all the info about school start times and base school hours on what's best for kids- not bus routes. Create after school homework and tutoring labs, that's better than sending kids home to empty houses at 2:15 in the afternoon. Middle and High School students go to school sleepy, maybe other parents have better success getting them to bed than I do.
gary

United States

#2 Aug 6, 2012
Middle and high school kids go to school sleepy? Come on now. They should have a curfew. Also, they need to learn some responsibility, and they don't learn it by laying in bed. As parents, it is our responsibility to instill work ethics in our children. If they're at home at 2:15 , then they need a to do list to work on. They're not babies. Let's stop treating them as such. I totally agree with the e reader comment though. Desperately needed.
yeah right

United States

#3 Aug 6, 2012
E-readers?! Yeah, I can see the teachers sending the e-readers home with the ghetto kids. They don't respect anything that they have! Or momma will sell it to get her nails did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's David Woolfork Up To These Days? (Feb '14) 17 min Justice 165
Are you a real Christian? 20 min God Lives 3
Alamo attorney Lamb announces candidacy for sta... 24 min Truth 11
BEWARE of Carolina Ave and Salon! 27 min liam 113
Ed Jackson wants to Take Away your Right to Vot... 31 min Truth 14
carlock nissan 1 hr Disgusted Consumer 7
deputy in shootout at 3 way 2 hr thefactswillshow 247
Cheating spouses and their trickery... (Nov '13) 7 hr bigSPENDER 70
RUDE Englewood Staff 7 hr light 24
new JPD top cop Mon lucas 36