blade

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Dear School Board, want to bring our schools current- stop all this unnecessary paperwork each year. These beginning of the year forms have no real purpose. Put all this stuff on line and let parents log in to update. Stop spending on textbooks and go to e- readers. Research all the info about school start times and base school hours on what's best for kids- not bus routes. Create after school homework and tutoring labs, that's better than sending kids home to empty houses at 2:15 in the afternoon. Middle and High School students go to school sleepy, maybe other parents have better success getting them to bed than I do.
gary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Middle and high school kids go to school sleepy? Come on now. They should have a curfew. Also, they need to learn some responsibility, and they don't learn it by laying in bed. As parents, it is our responsibility to instill work ethics in our children. If they're at home at 2:15 , then they need a to do list to work on. They're not babies. Let's stop treating them as such. I totally agree with the e reader comment though. Desperately needed.
yeah right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

E-readers?! Yeah, I can see the teachers sending the e-readers home with the ghetto kids. They don't respect anything that they have! Or momma will sell it to get her nails did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
do your child see there dad? 3 min Reading is Fundamental 2
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min WTSenior 138,511
Vietnamese guys with Taiwanese girls 6 min Reading is Fundamental 3
So is heather prego again 17 min guest 3
Teaching Positions 23 min 411 30
backyard chickens 37 min Good neighbor 12
don ponchos 1 hr anti-umbrellas 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000