First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jackson Resident

Lexington, TN

#1 Sep 5, 2012
Id like to know how Jackson feels about homosexuality. Keep in mind Jackson is a "small town." Small towns are infamous for generosity and a sense of community and homosexuals are members of our community. I personally see nothin wrong with living how one would like to live.
country_girl83

Savannah, TN

#2 Sep 5, 2012
I personally do not see a problem with it. I mean... No one tells the "straight" people who they should love so why should we tell them? Unless you are perfect, you should not judge, no matter what the circumstance is.
Cool wittit

Jackson, TN

#4 Sep 5, 2012
Homosexuals are some of the best people I've ever known. So, homosexuality is their preference and agreed upon by two consenting adults. In Jackson, however, there are too many jackass xtians around here that hate homosexauls, among other things, for the simple reason that a re-edited book of misinterpreted hearsay tells them to.
Jackson Resident

Lexington, TN

#5 Sep 6, 2012
NIce! It is good to see positive feedback on a topic! I agree with both of you.
rep

Monroe, LA

#6 Sep 6, 2012
It is said one lay with same sex shall be stoned to death.
Or I say be made fun of and shunned. Queers
Clint

Johnson City, TN

#7 Sep 6, 2012
I think they are a bunch of faggotts.
Lynn38006

Waco, TX

#8 Sep 6, 2012
John 15:12......It's interesting that people pick and choose which bits of the bible to believe in.
doubled

Jackson, TN

#9 Sep 6, 2012
Matthew 7:1-2
bb

Jackson, TN

#11 Sep 6, 2012
Omg!!! Bible verses! Why are you commenting on topix??? And judging others? Oh that's right..you're stupid.
Lynn38006

Waco, TX

#12 Sep 7, 2012
bb wrote:
Omg!!! Bible verses! Why are you commenting on topix??? And judging others? Oh that's right..you're stupid.
@bb Look up both verses dude.....One is about love and the other about NOT passing judgement.
doubled

Jackson, TN

#13 Sep 7, 2012
Thank you Lynn
MatureLiving

United States

#14 Sep 7, 2012
For non-Christians, you are free to live like you want. If you are a Christian, you are not your own self-serving person. We serve a Savior who happened to discuss marriage on occasion. In answering a question about divorce, He never mentions anything other than a male/female relationship. If you are a Christian, then you should be aware what Scripture says about sin and how to deal with it in yourself and how to treat others.
Lynn38006

Waco, TX

#15 Sep 7, 2012
MatureLiving wrote:
For non-Christians, you are free to live like you want. If you are a Christian, you are not your own self-serving person. We serve a Savior who happened to discuss marriage on occasion. In answering a question about divorce, He never mentions anything other than a male/female relationship. If you are a Christian, then you should be aware what Scripture says about sin and how to deal with it in yourself and how to treat others.
Unless you aren't a fundamentalist......
Jerry Sandusky

United States

#17 Sep 7, 2012
Thank you for not judging me. I am normal....
Lynn38006

Waco, TX

#18 Sep 7, 2012
Keep in mind that the bible says lots of things vast majority of which Christians completely disregard. God didn't right the bible....Men(people with a penis)did. Men with agendas. The bible we know today is the result of corruption and centuries of scribal rewrites and revisions. Things have been added. Things have been removed. Literal interpretation is rediculous. It's full of contradiction. Bigots hide behind religion. Use religion as a pass to discriminate against groups of people. I'm agnostic but I do believe that whoever is behind the scenes doesn't make mistakes.....We're all exactly who we're supposed to be.
I believe

United States

#19 Sep 7, 2012
If you believe one kind of relationship is wrong, then you should make sure you have the kind that is not wrong. And allow others to make their own choice.

The biggest enemy we have in our society is organized religion. Organized religion is the worst thing that ever happened in the whole history of humans.
What truly matters is the individual, not the group who is told what to do and what to not do.

And if somebody agrees that their group is better than any other, or right and all others are wrong.... well, I hate it for 'em.
Lynn38006

Waco, TX

#20 Sep 7, 2012
I believe wrote:
If you believe one kind of relationship is wrong, then you should make sure you have the kind that is not wrong. And allow others to make their own choice.

The biggest enemy we have in our society is organized religion. Organized religion is the worst thing that ever happened in the whole history of humans.
What truly matters is the individual, not the group who is told what to do and what to not do.

And if somebody agrees that their group is better than any other, or right and all others are wrong.... well, I hate it for 'em.
And it seems a tad arrogant to believe that your faith has all the answers and everyone else is wrong. And potentially dangerous.The fact is that no one really knows.
MatureLiving

United States

#21 Sep 7, 2012
Lynn38006 wrote:
Keep in mind that the bible says lots of things vast majority of which Christians completely disregard. God didn't right the bible....Men(people with a penis)did. Men with agendas. The bible we know today is the result of corruption and centuries of scribal rewrites and revisions. Things have been added. Things have been removed. Literal interpretation is rediculous. It's full of contradiction. Bigots hide behind religion. Use religion as a pass to discriminate against groups of people. I'm agnostic but I do believe that whoever is behind the scenes doesn't make mistakes.....We're all exactly who we're supposed to be.
If you are agnostic, then my comments were not directed at you. They were for people who claim to be followers of Christ, but insist on living like they want to live without deference to the teachings of Christ, or the Scriptures. I believe you are correct when you say "whoever is behind the scenes doesn't make mistakes." Christians also believe that if there is a God big enough to save us, then He's certainly big enough to express His perfect will through the written Word.
Lynn38006

Waco, TX

#22 Sep 7, 2012
MatureLiving wrote:
<quoted text>If you are agnostic, then my comments were not directed at you. They were for people who claim to be followers of Christ, but insist on living like they want to live without deference to the teachings of Christ, or the Scriptures. I believe you are correct when you say "whoever is behind the scenes doesn't make mistakes." Christians also believe that if there is a God big enough to save us, then He's certainly big enough to express His perfect will through the written Word.
Right....Well let me ask you this.....Do you believe sexuality is a choice or inherent? That's what it boils down to. What kind of a god would condemn a person for something they can't control? Not a god I'd worship that's for sure. And btw lots of gay men and women are Christians just not the fundamentalist flavor. It's unfair to believe that you can't be gay and also have a strong faith.
New World

Humboldt, TN

#23 Sep 7, 2012
Some girls like girls. Some guys like guys. Some like to mix it up. Some are straight.

We were never promised that sexuality would be either clearcut or easy to understand but that's how it is folks better learn to live with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dawn at court 3 min Guest 9
Ole Miranda 11 min Seek Help 25
AC Service 12 min PleaseNote 1
Franklin Graham Crusade, Teachers Of False Doct... 13 min Be Honest 306
Johnny Depp Got Hydration Therapy 13 min J Mon 1
Today's bible verse (Oct '16) 15 min Be Honest 1,797
Johnny Depp 1 hr Get a Life 20
Private School Tuitions 3 hr guest 41
Police chase 23 hr adm of common sense 31

Jackson Jobs