Any Bible based churches anymore
wertiz

Gadsden, TN

#22 Feb 7, 2013
Just want to put it on record that I'm tired of these freaking church people.

It's real easy to love those who agree with you. Especially when you meet every week in a special building.

How much of a christian you might be has nothing to do with a building.
Has nothing to do with how you treat people you agree with, or those you like.

It has everything to do with how you treat those you disagree with, or those you do not like, wherever they may be.
lol

Jackson, TN

#23 Feb 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
It's always best to go to the church that worships in spirit and in truth, that would only be the Church of Christ. The baptists believe faith only and use musical instruments and other doctrine which are false doctrines. The Church of Christ was established by God on the day of Pentecost on 33AD, The baptist chuech was established in the 1600s. There's a right way and a wrong way to worship, so study your bible to know which church you should go to, because going to just any church will get you lost eternally.
you're soo damn stupid.You think youre "working for the Lord" when you are a dumbass.Nothing you say is "bible" fact,it's the bible as you see it. Church of Chirst is a false Church put her by the devil to send people to hell.You're a perfect example of that,moron so STFU
jude

Jackson, TN

#24 Feb 8, 2013
come to bethel on vann dr sunday
uhh

Jackson, TN

#25 Feb 8, 2013
jude wrote:
come to bethel on vann dr sunday
Why? to listen to a greedy obese glutton?

lol

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26 Feb 8, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Ok. So no one's supposed to use instruments to praise the Lord, huh? So wht are there instruments in the old testament used when singing hymns and praises? And the word "baptist" comes from john the baptist who BAPTIZED Jesus. And one more thing, you don't get saved just by going to church or just by being baptized. Baptism isn't even a requirement for salvation. It is for after you have been saved.
This is the new testament age, not the old testament age. Do you still sacrifice animals? Here's what God says to do in new testament times as far as worshipping correctly, 19 Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts.
Ephesians 5;19 16 Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts
Colossians 3;16 What does this verse say, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned," (Mark 16:16).
Do you not notice the words, "AND IS" tell me what that means, honestly. So you take the name of John the Baptist, was John the Baptist crucified for your sins? Jesus Christ is our saviour, not John the Baptists, as this is why our name is the Church of Christ, not the church of John the Baptist. I worship God not John the Baptist. I don't see anywher the baptists church salutes you anywhere in the bible, I do see,
Romans 16:16

New King James Version (NKJV)


16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. The[a] churches of Christ greet you.
Does your church go according to the bible in worshipping God? No is the answer according to the bible. Acts tells you everything you need to know on how to be saved and how to worship God correctly. Have you forgotten what the people asked on the day of Pentecost on what they must do to be SAVED? Peter told them,
38 Peter replied,“Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Baptism is essential unto salvation as it clearly tells you everywhere in order to be saved you must do two things, not one, but two, which is repent and be baptized, not just repent and later you can be baptized, but repent and be baptized.

<<

<

=
=

>

>>
lol

Jackson, TN

#27 Feb 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> This is the new testament age, not the old testament age. Do you still sacrifice animals? Here's what God says to do in new testament times as far as worshipping correctly, 19 Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts.
Ephesians 5;19 16 Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts
Colossians 3;16 What does this verse say, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned," (Mark 16:16).
Do you not notice the words, "AND IS" tell me what that means, honestly. So you take the name of John the Baptist, was John the Baptist crucified for your sins? Jesus Christ is our saviour, not John the Baptists, as this is why our name is the Church of Christ, not the church of John the Baptist. I worship God not John the Baptist. I don't see anywher the baptists church salutes you anywhere in the bible, I do see,
Romans 16:16
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. The[a] churches of Christ greet you.
Does your church go according to the bible in worshipping God? No is the answer according to the bible. Acts tells you everything you need to know on how to be saved and how to worship God correctly. Have you forgotten what the people asked on the day of Pentecost on what they must do to be SAVED? Peter told them,
38 Peter replied,“Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Baptism is essential unto salvation as it clearly tells you everywhere in order to be saved you must do two things, not one, but two, which is repent and be baptized, not just repent and later you can be baptized, but repent and be baptized.
<<
<
=
=
>
>>
what a dumbass you are!! You are the typical South Jackson( bemis) Church Of Christ moron. You dumbasses really think you are the only ones going to Heaven.Wow the devil has you hypicrites fooled.lol Sad that you morons even have a Church,even though the devil runs it and satans spawn goes there

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#28 Feb 8, 2013
Do you know that a Christian is a Christian no matter what. Being Church of Christ makes you no better than me, a Baptist. You have fooled yourself into thinking that only those in the church of Christ are going to heaven. You as a Christian are put on this earth to spread Gods love to all people, it is in no way your duty to condemn other Christians. I think if you were to attend a baptist our methodist church one Sunday you would be amazed... Its really amusing you keep using those same verses to prove your point. The church of Christ as mentioned in your verse is referring to a church of people worshiping God. I can tell you one thing for sure. You probably won't make it to heaven, you will have a heart attack and fall to hell when you realize there is a baptist person in front of you in line.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#29 Feb 8, 2013
snschick wrote:
Do you know that a Christian is a Christian no matter what. Being Church of Christ makes you no better than me, a Baptist. You have fooled yourself into thinking that only those in the church of Christ are going to heaven. You as a Christian are put on this earth to spread Gods love to all people, it is in no way your duty to condemn other Christians. I think if you were to attend a baptist our methodist church one Sunday you would be amazed... Its really amusing you keep using those same verses to prove your point. The church of Christ as mentioned in your verse is referring to a church of people worshiping God. I can tell you one thing for sure. You probably won't make it to heaven, you will have a heart attack and fall to hell when you realize there is a baptist person in front of you in line.
You say a Christian is a Christian, God says that's not true, as this is why he says try the spirit and see if they're from God or not. Once again look at this verse and I want you to tell me if this says that baptism is necessary unto salvation or not. Tell me if this verse is telling you whether one is more important than the other, for example, is repenting more important than baptism and visa versa. Mark 16;16, 16 Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. Tell me what does" AND IS" MEANS.The Great Commission says Verse 19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" Do you not see that baptism is a commandment in order to be saved by these passages. Do you believe one can repent and be saved without baptism? Musical instruments are not authorized in worship because God wanted only your voice, your spirit to sing without any mechanical instrument as he wanted pure worship from us, and by singing only it's as spiritual as it can get. In the Great Commission only baptism being said, does that make repenting unnecessary? No, as there both equally important and are both to be done together. Matthew 26;30 the very first Lord's supper they sang praises, no instruments were used then and no instruments are to be used now. Matthew 26;30 says 30Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives. There's God way and then there's man's way.
So here are some differences. Baptists believe that you are saved by faith only, although that’s usually accompanied by a prayer of some sort. While the Church of Christ believes we are saved by faith, we believed that you are saved at the time you are baptized into Christ. The Bible speaks of faith saving us, but never says that faith alone saves us. In fact, the only time the term faith alone appears in the Bible is in James 2:24 where James says we are not saved by faith alone. The Bible also tells us that repentance saves us (Acts 2:38), confessing Christ as (Romans 10) Lord saves us and baptism saves us (Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, 1 Pet. 3:21).
Wondering

United States

#30 Feb 8, 2013
Even though we are in the nt age, things of the ot still apply - ever hear of the ten commandments? Dont think Jesus ever said we could do away with those.
Wondering

United States

#31 Feb 8, 2013
John 3:16

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#32 Feb 9, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Even though we are in the nt age, things of the ot still apply - ever hear of the ten commandments? Dont think Jesus ever said we could do away with those.
Youth
WHAT ABOUT KEEPING THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?
November 2010
Ten instructions which came from the Lord God were of such special significance that the Bible calls them “the Ten Commandments”(Exodus 34:28). Those who are familiar with the Bible are well aware of what those ten commands stated. Many people have even taken the time to memorize them.
To whom were the Ten Commandments given? The Ten Commandments are recorded in two chapters of the Bible. We first read them in Exodus 20. On that occasion, they were not given in written form, but orally. By Moses? No, by Jehovah. The people to whom the Ten Commandments were addressed were those who were at Mt. Sinai – and they were the ones whom God had just delivered out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage (Exodus 19:1; 20:1,2). Now, who would that be? Answer: the children of Israel. The second biblical record of the Ten Commandments is found in Deuteronomy 5. Again, the context makes it plain that the Ten Commandments were given only to the nation of Israel (Deuteronomy 5:1-3,15).
Of which law were the Ten Commandments a part? Answer: the Law of Moses. By the Jews’ counting, that law included over 600 distinct laws. Instead of the law consisting only of the Ten Commandments, in fact, those were only ten of the instructions contained therein. What did Jesus do with the old law? He abolished it (Ephesians 2:15). He took it out of the way in order to establish His own covenant (Hebrews 10:9). Since we are married to the Christ, it would be a form of spiritual adultery to go back and try to follow the old law at the same time we try to follow His new one (Romans 7:1-4).
So, what do you think, should we encourage people to keep the Ten Commandments today? Today we are under the authority of God’s Son and are supposed to observe all things that He instructs (Matthew 28:18,20). God wants the church to be subject unto the Christ (Ephesians 5:24). Those who have fellowship with the Godhead are those who abide in the teaching of Jesus (2 John 9). Again, when Jesus died, He abolished the old law, including the Ten Commandments.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#33 Feb 9, 2013
Final part,


“But Jesus encouraged people to keep the Ten Commandments.” There are recorded incidents in the life of Jesus that show that He really did teach people to follow them. For instance, He told a rich young ruler,“You know the commandments:‘Do not commit adultery,’‘Do not murder,’‘Do not bear false witness’...”(Mark 10:17). But, remember when Jesus said that. It was during the time that the old law was still in force. During His public ministry, He also told a leper to present an offering based on what Moses commanded (Mark 1:44). Why? Because Moses’ law was still in effect at that time. If you reason that we should tell folks to keep the Ten Commandments because Jesus encouraged such, then should we also exhort people to offer sacrifices which the old law prescribed?! When the Christ died, He took away the old law – all of it.

“But if we say that we are no longer required to keep the Ten Commandments, then that means that it would be okay to murder, to steal, and do all of the other things that the Ten Commandments forbid people to do.” That is a false conclusion. The New Testament condemns stealing (Ephesians 4:28). Stealing is not wrong because the Ten Commandments said so, but because that is what the gospel teaches. Murder is wrong, but not because of the Ten Commandments. Murder is wrong today because the new covenant says so (Galatians 5:21).

What must a person do in order to be in the right relationship with our Creator? The answer that some suggest is that all one must do is keep the Ten Commandments. There are a great number of folks, in fact, who take comfort in the thought that they keep the Ten Commandments (or at least they think they do). Here are a couple of questions for thought. Can one be saved without believing in Jesus as the Son of God? No – belief in the Christ is essential in order to have eternal life (John 3:14-18). But what do the Ten Commandments teach us about the Deity of Jesus? Not one word. What about the forgiveness of sins? What did the Ten Commandments say about salvation or forgiveness? Again, nothing at all. Thus, it is folly to turn to the Ten Commandments in order to find out what to do in order to be saved and to be in the right relationship with God.

Consider one final matter. The fourth of the Ten Commands was the instruction to keep the Sabbath. That meant that the sixth day of the week (Saturday) was a day in which Israelites were not allowed to work (Exodus 20:8-11). Under the new covenant of God’s Son, there is no such restriction on working on Saturday. The Sabbath law is no longer binding.

– Roger D. Campbell

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34 Feb 9, 2013
Wondering wrote:
John 3:16

Question:

Hi. I was reading your article on "Can a man be saved without baptism?" and was wondering (as a young bible student) what about John 3:16?

"... Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall not perish but have everlasting life."

This does not indicate that baptism is a requirement of salvation, but simply that we call upon the name of the Lord? Just a thought.

----------

Answer:
There is a fundamental flaw in your reasoning. You are assuming that only one thing brings about salvation. Therefore, if faith is connected with salvation, then you assume that baptism cannot be so connected.
But to make such a statement would be much like my saying the only thing you need to take your car from here to Alaska is gas in your tank. All would argue that gas is essential to getting a car to move, but who would argue that it is the only thing necessary to move a car?

Then there is a secondary flaw in your argument: you misquoted the Scriptures. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life." But in your quote you altered the word "believe" to "call" and changed "should" to "shall."

In the answer, "If man must be baptized to be saved, why do so many passages only mention faith?" I list numerous ideas connected with salvation. The fact is that it takes all of them, working together, to produce salvation and not one in isolation. In addition, it can be shown that people can believe and not be saved. See "Can a person be a believer and not be saved?" for some examples. We could do the same with "calling on the name of the Lord" as well. "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will tell me in that day,'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?' Then I will tell them,'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity'" (Matthew 7:21-23). Therefore, neither belief or calling on the name of the Lord are exclusive requirements for salvation.

"And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).

"This is a symbol of baptism, which now saves you--not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (I Peter 3:21).

"Or don't you know that all we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him through baptism to death, that just like Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:3-4).
Wondering

United States

#36 Feb 9, 2013
From Jesus' own mouth He told the thief on the cross he would be with Him in paradise. He wasn't baptized, he just simply believed in Christ. He simply believed. He didn't speak in tongues, he didn't say ten hail mary's, nothing that men require. He simply believed - just like what john 3:16 says to do. There is no flaw with it. The flaw comes when man tries to put more into it than what God puts into it. Jesus is the living water, btw.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#38 Feb 10, 2013
Wondering wrote:
From Jesus' own mouth He told the thief on the cross he would be with Him in paradise. He wasn't baptized, he just simply believed in Christ. He simply believed. He didn't speak in tongues, he didn't say ten hail mary's, nothing that men require. He simply believed - just like what john 3:16 says to do. There is no flaw with it. The flaw comes when man tries to put more into it than what God puts into it. Jesus is the living water, btw.
First of all you haven't a clue on whether or not the thief was baptized or not, because the odds are in his favor that he probably was because of all the baptizing that was going on around him . Secondly Jesus can and did forgive sins before he died on the cross, and thirdly they were still under the old law because Jesus did this before he died. It doesn't work that way now because Jesus has died for our sins and he tells us to be baptized to wash away our sins to be right with God .
Matthew 28:19-20
Mark 16:16
Luke 7:30
John 3:5
John 19:34
Acts 2:38
Acts 8:35-38
Acts 10:48a
Acts 22:16
Romans 6:3-4
I Corinthians 12:13
Galatians 3:27
Ephesians 5:25-26
Colossians 2:12
Titus 3:5
Hebrews 10:22
I Peter 3:19-21
Wondering

United States

#39 Feb 10, 2013
Ok, first off, how totally goofball stupid was that statement - that I have no clue if he was baptized. Really. I'm almost positive that the soldiers who put him up there in the first place were not about to take him down, baptize him and then put him back up.
Jesus existed in the ot and was in every book of the body. I know we aren't under the law, bur under grace, but do not negate the work of the ot. Again, we still are expected to tithe and obey the commandments.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#40 Feb 10, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Ok, first off, how totally goofball stupid was that statement - that I have no clue if he was baptized. Really. I'm almost positive that the soldiers who put him up there in the first place were not about to take him down, baptize him and then put him back up.
Jesus existed in the ot and was in every book of the body. I know we aren't under the law, bur under grace, but do not negate the work of the ot. Again, we still are expected to tithe and obey the commandments.
I was talking about before he was put on the cross, as no one would expect the soldiers to take him down to be baptized. When people become baptized they sometimes sin even after being baptized as people still do today.
I was blind but now I see

Beech Bluff, TN

#41 Feb 10, 2013
"working for the lord" I am a member of the Church of Chist. You have no proof of any Church of Christ before Alexander Campbell. There were plenty of churches that has records that call themselves the Church of Christ. One being the Primitive Baptist Church of Christ.
The church that you and I attend was, at one time called the Christian church. In 1905 there was a split where alot of members followed the teachings of David Lipscomb. I believed the lie that you are spouting, until I did my own research. This is the truth. That is why you do not see any records being kept in the Church of Christ church. Before the internet and modern transportation this lie was easy to keep secret. If you have proof show a direct line, without using the bible. God Bless.
I was blind but now I see

Beech Bluff, TN

#42 Feb 10, 2013
Also like I mentioned about the Churches of Christ being called Christian churches, why was this? In this area they were. Just research old newspapers in this area and you will know the truth. Some of the oldest congregations of Churches of Christ was once called Christian church. Why was they using the name christian in their title? Because that was what they were! David Lipscomb is the man that gave the Church of Christ the doctrine that it preaches.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#43 Feb 10, 2013
I was blind but now I see wrote:
"working for the lord" I am a member of the Church of Chist. You have no proof of any Church of Christ before Alexander Campbell. There were plenty of churches that has records that call themselves the Church of Christ. One being the Primitive Baptist Church of Christ.
The church that you and I attend was, at one time called the Christian church. In 1905 there was a split where alot of members followed the teachings of David Lipscomb. I believed the lie that you are spouting, until I did my own research. This is the truth. That is why you do not see any records being kept in the Church of Christ church. Before the internet and modern transportation this lie was easy to keep secret. If you have proof show a direct line, without using the bible. God Bless.
If you're a member of the CoC I urge you to study so the next time you will be speaking the truth and not lies of ignorance. I'm going to assume you just became a Christian and your ignorance is based on lack of knowlege, if not then I urge you to ask God for guidance and forgivness for spreading lies. Here read this, Yes the church was started in 33 AD. If you have a bible try reading Acts and you'll see when and how many were saved that day. What church do you think the bible is talking about? Romans 16;16, 16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. The[a] churches of Christ greet you. Matthew 16;18, 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. The bible has one way of worshipping God and the only Church that does that is the Church of Christ. How do you worship? We worship according to the bible. There are even CoC in England dated back in the 1500s, try googling and you'll find them .
Print
The Indestructible Church of Christ
By Wayne Jackson
Have there been members of the true church of Christ since Pentecost? Some answer yes, based upon certain biblical texts; others doubt it since there appears to be no continuous historical record of such.
Daniel, in considering the future administration of the Roman Empire (63 B.C.– A.D. 476), declared:
And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever (2:44).
Scripture is explicit: once the kingdom was established, it would “never be destroyed,” but would “stand forever.”
At Caesarea-Philippi (Mt. 16:13ff), Christ promised to build his church. In connection therewith, he pledged “the gates of Hades” would not “prevail against it”(v. 18). The expression “shall not prevail against” may signify not prevent its establishment, or never demolish it. Both may be included. McGarvey suggested it embraced the promise that the church would never be “depopulated by the death of all its members”(n.d., 146).
In a prophecy in which John foretold the persecution of the church under the figure of a woman, he declared:“[T]he woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared of God”(Rev. 12:6). The imagery would appear to suggest that even in a time of severe hardship (cf. 11:2; 13:5) Christ’s church would not become extinct.
A False View
In contrast is the common allegation that the church of Christ is a relatively modern phenomenon, substantially beginning in America with the Stone-Campbell movement of the early 1800s (Ross 1976, 19). To the people who profess being Christians only, sometimes the pejorative term “Campbellites” is attached—“ignorantly by the non-church public ... viciously, as well as ignorantly, by the less enlightened members of less enlightened sects”(Ferm 1945, 116).
Reflections on History
History at best is a sketchy record of human achievement. This is particularly so before the invention of the printing press (ca. 1445).
Working for the Lord

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why did god send a raid to 12 min Micky jagger 8
Mayors race 2019 36 min guest 17
Pro 2nd amendment con automatic rifles 37 min Local Guy 40
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD (Mar '15) 43 min Ferg 3,474
Why did God send a tornado to Union? 44 min Local Guy 77
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 45 min Ferg 2,603
Is this fo real 4 hr guest 2
wnws 17 hr Udderyanker 66

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages