just me

Oliver Springs, TN

#65 Jan 5, 2013
Don't know if I will ever find the love I am looking for again. I was married for 16 years before the last husband but God saw fit to take him unexpectedly. I thought I was truly blessed when I remarried 4 years later only to experience this nonsense.
Much happier

Jackson, TN

#66 Jan 5, 2013
just me wrote:
Don't know if I will ever find the love I am looking for again. I was married for 16 years before the last husband but God saw fit to take him unexpectedly. I thought I was truly blessed when I remarried 4 years later only to experience this nonsense.
I'm sorry you have had to deal with that.
just me

Oliver Springs, TN

#67 Jan 5, 2013
Well it's the life I was dealt and I just have to deal with it. Still I miss being a wife and lover. Maybe someday again..
jackson man

Milan, TN

#68 Jan 5, 2013
tired of it wrote:
Am I the only one who misses the affection? I miss the hugs and kisses. I want someone who wants me and me alone. Someone who wants to do the things I like to do. Usually it doesn't bother me to do without this, but every now and then it hits.
No you are not the only one who misses the affection. I miss that terribly sometimes and I'm reminded of it when I watch TV and videos, things like that. As human beings we're not created to be islands unto ourselves.

Unfortunately that is the way it is and sometimes for a long time. I hope someday to find a really good woman who loves me and me alone but until then I'm ready for the world without her. I'm quite able and comfortable with myself and have learned to be alone without feeling alone if that makes any sense. When I come home I'm not confronted with the desolation of silence the way it was at first. I'm used to it and if I have to I can make it no matter what.

It takes a few years but you can get there.

There is one huge advantage to this and that is I'm no longer vulnerable. I know exactly whatt I want and will not give a second glance to anything else. That and that alone gives me great odds when I do find a good one. The other huge advantage is I saved a heap of cash from not dating so it's not like all is lost there are huge pluses too.

At the end of the day I keep thinking though it shouldn't be this hard but it is.
just me

Oliver Springs, TN

#69 Jan 5, 2013
Much happier wrote:
<quoted text>
He wants his cake and eat it too. I don't you you but I do know you don't deserve that. No one does.
He got what he chose and as for me there is no going back. We lived in West TN and I moved to East TN to get away from that mess.
Much happier

Jackson, TN

#70 Jan 5, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
He got what he chose and as for me there is no going back. We lived in West TN and I moved to East TN to get away from that mess.
Isn't Oliver Springs close to oak ridge?
tired of it

United States

#71 Jan 5, 2013
Yep. Nice area. Love it up there.
Much happier

Jackson, TN

#72 Jan 5, 2013
tired of it wrote:
Yep. Nice area. Love it up there.
Cool. My dad was a nuclear engineer and worked at one of the plants in weapons research back in the 60's.
just me

Oliver Springs, TN

#73 Jan 5, 2013
Much happier wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. My dad was a nuclear engineer and worked at one of the plants in weapons research back in the 60's.
Yes Y-12...I work near there.
Much happier

Jackson, TN

#74 Jan 5, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Y-12...I work near there.
We always stay at the Hampton in oak ridge when we go to ut games. My oldest son plays baseball at ut.
just me

Oliver Springs, TN

#75 Jan 5, 2013
Much happier wrote:
<quoted text>
We always stay at the Hampton in oak ridge when we go to ut games. My oldest son plays baseball at ut.
Cool. My grand daughter's Uncle from the other side of her family is the Security Guard/Bodyguard for the Head Coach of the UT Vols Football team (it was Dooley). He used to play football and baseball at UT but now is going to school to be a football coach.
just me

Oliver Springs, TN

#76 Jan 5, 2013
So if you haven't guessed...we Bleed Orange around here LOL
Much happier

Sumrall, MS

#77 Jan 5, 2013
just me wrote:
Us too. My other son has been up there on a recruit day for football. He's been invited to come to their recruit camp this summer.

My goal is to get scholarships for all my kids, lol.
just me

Oliver Springs, TN

#78 Jan 5, 2013
Much happier wrote:
<quoted text>
Us too. My other son has been up there on a recruit day for football. He's been invited to come to their recruit camp this summer.
My goal is to get scholarships for all my kids, lol.
That's great!
MLB

United States

#79 Jan 6, 2013
Yes love does suck!! Especially if you're the one who loves the most, I'm so tired of being unimportant and invisible.
Impossible

Jackson, TN

#80 Jan 6, 2013
Love doesn't suck... For love to suck would require it to be real - since it's not real, then it can't suck. Love is mistaken as a combination of many things: an infatuation or obsession with someone, a desire to have someone you can't, an unfulfilled need defined as an "absence of love", or the need some feel to be "married". I've heard it said that love and marriages are made in heaven ---- then so is thunder, lightening, hail, and tornados!!! I'll admit, being married is fun some of the time, problem is you're married ALL of the time.

Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed!!
tired of it

Jackson, TN

#81 Jan 6, 2013
That's about dumb. When you marry someone, you have every right and expectation of love, attention, affection, etc. Your spouse makes a vow, a commitment to YOU above all else. If you marry someone and you don't expect that, you didn't marry out of love, you married for a contractual piece of paper, or a business deal only.
When you sacrifice for the other person, yes, that is love. Not an infatuation. Unfortunately, too many people are selfish and aren't ready to be part of a couple when they get married.

“High Alert:DEFCON 5”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#82 Jan 7, 2013
just me wrote:
Sucks to be BIG Orange except in Lady Vols basketball.
Let me see

Duluth, GA

#83 Jan 7, 2013
ChopperBlades wrote:
<quoted text>Sucks to be BIG Orange except in Lady Vols basketball.
going to suck being gold after tonight.
Impossible

Jackson, TN

#84 Jan 7, 2013
tired of it wrote:
That's about dumb. When you marry someone, you have every right and expectation of love, attention, affection, etc. Your spouse makes a vow, a commitment to YOU above all else. If you marry someone and you don't expect that, you didn't marry out of love, you married for a contractual piece of paper, or a business deal only.
When you sacrifice for the other person, yes, that is love. Not an infatuation. Unfortunately, too many people are selfish and aren't ready to be part of a couple when they get married.
You obviously haven't met my wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 min mee 1,272
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD 4 min mee 102
Best fried fish in Jackson 7 min calling me? 13
Englewood Baptist Church 18 min serve and protect 142
Taylor Laird-Crazy Women in Jackson 23 min Guest 3
infowars.com 31 min serve and protect 22
where are the bi guys at 37 min Rob Allen 31
Bob Alvey editorial 1 hr nelson 22
carloss 9 hr confused 23
Muse Park Body 23 hr Hey Bud 26