Pastor Ben Mandrell's Personal Securi...
Gods girl

Lexington, TN

#22 Nov 14, 2012
I go to EBC and last time I checked I go there to worship the Lord not Ben Mandrell. I enjoy hearing him preach but I also enjoy my Sunday class and many other reasons is why I go there...... I can't believe that y'all can't find anything else better to do that sit around a judge a man. Ben has to answer to God for what he does, and as Christians if we're busy loving others and doing Gods work we wouldnt have time to be critical of others, or wouldn't care so much about the chapel capacity or Bens personal security shadow. If you had of been at church on sunday you would of heard the message on loving others........ It was a good message we all should put Into practice. Then we wouldn't having these bashing sites.......... I'm just sayin!!!!
Yes or NO and Explain

Medon, TN

#23 Nov 14, 2012
Do you think it is appropriate your pastor has a security staffer paid by donations with him at all times when he is on church property?
Gods girl wrote:
I go to EBC and last time I checked I go there to worship the Lord not Ben Mandrell. I enjoy hearing him preach but I also enjoy my Sunday class and many other reasons is why I go there...... I can't believe that y'all can't find anything else better to do that sit around a judge a man. Ben has to answer to God for what he does, and as Christians if we're busy loving others and doing Gods work we wouldnt have time to be critical of others, or wouldn't care so much about the chapel capacity or Bens personal security shadow. If you had of been at church on sunday you would of heard the message on loving others........ It was a good message we all should put Into practice. Then we wouldn't having these bashing sites.......... I'm just sayin!!!!
Gods girl

Lexington, TN

#24 Nov 14, 2012
I really don't care either way personally. That's not why I go to church there. You could go to any church and find something to be critical about.
Entertainment

United States

#25 Nov 15, 2012
Ok, I think I understand. As long as the "performance" is entertaining aka worshipful for you then you"re not really concerned about all the other stuff. It is ok, you're just like the other 90% who go there. You are the perfect type they covet for membership aka the smile have fun and ask NO Questions....

However, Jesus was concerned about the inner workings and how the used the church including money, etc. His anger was evident when he flipped the tables......
Gods girl wrote:
I really don't care either way personally. That's not why I go to church there. You could go to any church and find something to be critical about.
Gods girl

United States

#26 Nov 15, 2012
Actually I think Jesus is most concerned with the heart and if you're growing spiritually. Which is why I go there. I've been to many others churches and there is not one that is perfect. I don't go for a show. I go to get closer to God!! Is it perfect no. There will not be a perfect one we live in a fallen world but I hope to be a light in the darkness and be different from the world.... I'm not going to look for things to complain about. I'm just going to go and worship my God. I'm sorry u have a problem with that. But I'm going to answer to God about my heart and if I spreaded Gods love.
No Spirtual Depth Wanted

United States

#27 Nov 15, 2012
Like the other person said, you are a perfect fit for Englewood. Enjoy those worship songs and expository preaching and whatever you do, do not question anythin even the absurd like a personal security guard for your pastor.
Gods girl wrote:
Actually I think Jesus is most concerned with the heart and if you're growing spiritually. Which is why I go there. I've been to many others churches and there is not one that is perfect. I don't go for a show. I go to get closer to God!! Is it perfect no. There will not be a perfect one we live in a fallen world but I hope to be a light in the darkness and be different from the world.... I'm not going to look for things to complain about. I'm just going to go and worship my God. I'm sorry u have a problem with that. But I'm going to answer to God about my heart and if I spreaded Gods love.
Todd

Jackson, TN

#28 Nov 15, 2012
What kind of church is this? Are the sheep so violent that the good reverend is afraid of bodily harm from his own blind followers?

Another Fort God...Monuments to man.
Blinded By All The BLING

Medon, TN

#29 Nov 15, 2012
You hit the nail on the head!!!!

The leaders have done nothing but reduce their tasks and hire more adminstrative assistannts. Ask yourself why Ben chose to not announce his reduced Sunday night schedule to the church? Yes, he made the decision to not announce it! The church all ready cancels Sunday night services for over 3 months in the summer each year.

Ben was peddling a for profit/access trip to Israel, Travis has one in NYC this month he peddled to the choir.

The one that takes the cake is his security agent who follows him all around the church. You know that is all show because if he was really in "danger" he would have him with him when he is out shopping or at home.

I'd be willing to deduct most of these members have less an understanding of the Bible than a 3rd grade Awana student but hey, the music and choir are awesome and Ben preaches a great message, regardless if I ever follow it.
No Spirtual Depth Wanted wrote:
Like the other person said, you are a perfect fit for Englewood. Enjoy those worship songs and expository preaching and whatever you do, do not question anythin even the absurd like a personal security guard for your pastor.
<quoted text>
Thanks

Jackson, TN

#30 Nov 15, 2012
Not sure about the pastor, but it's pretty stupid you all need a traffic guide just to get out of church. Not my fault you all wanted to go to church, and it shouldn't affect my travel.
TrAFFIC COP

Medon, TN

#31 Nov 16, 2012
Yep nothing like the church paying a bld owner who leases to bars to direct traffic.....
Thanks wrote:
Not sure about the pastor, but it's pretty stupid you all need a traffic guide just to get out of church. Not my fault you all wanted to go to church, and it shouldn't affect my travel.
jesse

United States

#32 Nov 16, 2012
Ever thought it might just be a coverup. You know, gay for pay security officer? Sounds like a good plot to me.
Just Another Perk For Ben

Medon, TN

#33 Dec 8, 2012
Heard he is receiving weekly if not daily threats and thats why he has a personal security detail. All this makes me lol becuase there is NO WAY he is receiving weekly threats, much less ONE CREDIBLE THREAT because if he was the police, FBI, etc. would be involved!

How much does this PERK cost the members????? Next thing is he will only ride around in a popemobile type vehicle???????
Ex Member wrote:
I see not a lot has changed since I left 18 months ago. The security person makes me lol. Rest assured it is all for his ego as well as perceived image and status. If it were for real threats then he would have him away from the church.
In just over a year or two his side ministry will be in full swing and EBC will be left with nothing more than a part time preacher and music man.....
Lifeway Opportunists

United States

#34 Dec 8, 2012
Neighbors go to this church. Even they are beginning to see the sham Ben is pulling along with Travis and their "other jobs".......

Anyone want to go to NC and PAY to hear Travis sing, anyone, anyone?????? Don't worry, Ben will be back in NC soon.
Mandrell Xmas Card

United States

#35 Dec 10, 2012
How much did the church people have to pay for that professional Xmas card........

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#36 Dec 10, 2012
These poor ppl at this church don't even see what is going on. They think that everything is ok and don't think that he is spending any of their tithe money on his own personal wants. That is one church I do not want to go to... It sounds like there is too much going on.
Haha

Jackson, TN

#37 Dec 10, 2012
So has he rescheduled the holy land trip?
Haha

Jackson, TN

#38 Dec 10, 2012
Also, anybody know if FEMA is paying for the hired muscle?
is it Just Me

United States

#39 Dec 11, 2012
Or do you get the feeling this church is going to get burned bad by Ben and Travis?

These two spend the majority of their time and energy on outside aka non EBC projects. They seem to be just using this church to promote all their "other ministry jobs".

What happened to the promise Ben made almost 2 years ago when Travis was hired......you know the one where he said Travis will be reducing his outside projects to focus more on his position at church. Well you know now that did not materialize. Travis is doing the same if not more outside jobs than when he arrived.

Go ahead build the bigger worship bldg while the chapel reamins virtually empty. Stop being involved in Sunday night's because you are stressed because of all your other non church projects. Go ahead and cancel Sunday nights all thogether like you already do for the 3 months in summer.

And when the people finally see you two money hungry ego's for what you really are, you can simply take your for profit, family ministry show on the road.

Time for this church to hire a FULL TIME pastor and music minister rather than settling for these part time hired guns.

member

Lexington, TN

#40 Dec 11, 2012
Mandrell Xmas Card wrote:
How much did the church people have to pay for that professional Xmas card........
You are ridiculous! Jealous much? You too can have a Christmas card made. Take a picture and go to Walgreens or Wal-mart and have cards printed. Get a life and find something else to do besides nitpick.
Members Paid 4 Their Card

United States

#41 Dec 11, 2012
The Mandrell's did NOT do what you suggest below.....look at the back of their card......
member wrote:
<quoted text>You are ridiculous! Jealous much? You too can have a Christmas card made. Take a picture and go to Walgreens or Wal-mart and have cards printed. Get a life and find something else to do besides nitpick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Young II and clan I'm exposing you 8 min Pathetic douchey 10
Trump supporters 8 min redd neckman 201
really? 16 min Lmao 38
Good self defense class (Feb '12) 19 min guest 23
Belk in the mall is about to close 24 min guest 11
Hot blonde at maggie moos 26 min Anon 11
vacuum cleaner 33 min question 4

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages