Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

God is great? So when he slaughtered 70,000 people because King David took a census, that was a good thing? When he told Abraham to slaughter his own son, Isaac..that was a good thing? I can give you meany reasons why God is not "good" as well as many logical arguments for his nonexistence. You need to wake up and get out of the religion phase of your life and learn to be your own person without a book or imaginary friend to tell you what to do or how to behave.
Nicca

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

God lovers will be the first to cheat you
Sweetpotatopie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

WeaponizedReason wrote:
God is great? So when he slaughtered 70,000 people because King David took a census, that was a good thing? When he told Abraham to slaughter his own son, Isaac..that was a good thing? I can give you meany reasons why God is not "good" as well as many logical arguments for his nonexistence. You need to wake up and get out of the religion phase of your life and learn to be your own person without a book or imaginary friend to tell you what to do or how to behave.
Walk without or walk within. People have every right to believe or not believe. That is the way it is and the way it will always be.
sad

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

I'll pray for you.

Since: Oct 12

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Sweetpotatopie wrote:
<quoted text>
Walk without or walk within. People have every right to believe or not believe. That is the way it is and the way it will always be.
You are correct in that they have a right to believe. They are free to hide their heads in the sand where it feels safer than out in the real world all they want. BUT, a person's right to believe stops at my right to not believe, just as a person's free speech stops when it infringes upon my rights. Religion, however, will be the undoing of humankind if we are not careful. There is not one single thing that religion gives humans that cannot be obtained without except for false hope of eternal life--not one single thing. Yet it gives so many things that are useless and, in many cases, detrimental to the human condition.

Since: Oct 12

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

sad wrote:
I'll pray for you.
For me?
levi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Isn't it possible that alot of things in the bible could of been beings from 'out of this world'. Isn't it possible that mankind is only an experiment put on earth so that they may watch and learn how 'their' civilization evolved. I mean, everywhere I read in the bible it can be explained by alien visitations. Boy, am I going to get hype on this one! LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

sad wrote:
I'll pray for you.
pray for me? What are you praying for? That I'll lose my ability to reason and think, and not be shackled to your belief system? I fully believe in your right to believe in an all knowing, all powerful omnipotent being but I won't insinuate that you need some kind of "help" for it and tell you you're wrong. Spoken like a true Christian!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

131 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min Really 140,602
Usj money 5 min Really 8
Jessie Lee Milam 17 min yep 6
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 37 min WTH 8,929
Melanie Ferrell Topix Post Removed 38 min Guest 1
Is Rick Staples television commercial offensive? 43 min hey 50
Will Homosexuals Be Allowed in Heaven (Jan '13) 1 hr Auntie Theist 956
jonathan montoya 11 hr Im not buying it 70
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Madison County was issued at July 23 at 3:09PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••