Jewels

Lexington, TN

#1 Nov 9, 2011
Why did Peking close?
Spanky

Jackson, TN

#2 Nov 9, 2011
It went from being a great place to eat to one that blew chunks!
Phil

Johnson City, TN

#3 Nov 12, 2011
Peking was the best chinese restaurant at one time. The last time I ate there it really sucked.
ex member

United States

#4 Nov 13, 2011
Used to be great, Then sold to relative, Got worse, Sold to another relative, Went down the toilet.
Jewels

Lexington, TN

#5 Nov 13, 2011
I used to eat there at least once a week and then like you say prices went up quality went down. The taste really went down!
Goaskthem

Lexington, TN

#6 Dec 3, 2011
Where oh where did they go?

Since: Dec 11

Jackson, TN

#7 Dec 3, 2011
think there the ones that own the chinese place in the hospital now
catman

Jackson, TN

#8 Dec 3, 2011
they ran out of cats
insomniac

Medina, TN

#9 Dec 3, 2011
catman wrote:
they ran out of cats
No they use cats at Jumbo Buffet. It smells like cat piss in there.

Jackson, TN

#10 Dec 3, 2011
Jumbo Buffet really blows
ernie

Mount Juliet, TN

#11 Dec 3, 2011
Buffets are gross. Peking was one of the places (along with Ryan's and Old Country Store) that taught me that. I'm glad to be buffet-free!
I did see two waitresses get into a very violent fight (complete with punches and hardcore hair pulling) in Peking one time. That was back when the old lady owned and ran the place. She threw both of them out the front door, screaming the whole time. It was sort of funny -- but we didn't get refills the whole time we were there since one of the exiled waitresses was ours.
mel

Jackson, TN

#12 Dec 3, 2011
My husband called it "pu-king". There aren't any good Chinese buffets in Jackson anymore.
charles

Lexington, TN

#13 Dec 3, 2011
I remember when Peking was in the old Walmart plaza off Carrige House. No buffet just menu items..soo good.
Kate

Johnson City, TN

#14 Dec 4, 2011
charles wrote:
I remember when Peking was in the old Walmart plaza off Carrige House. No buffet just menu items..soo good.
That's when it was really good. It was small and had good service.
jojo

Mount Juliet, TN

#15 Dec 4, 2011
charles wrote:
That was back when Jackson had three really, really good Chinese places: Peking, Siam Room, and Asia Garden. The only one left is Asia Garden, and the last time I ate there, it was awful.
Fam

Jackson, TN

#16 Dec 15, 2011
My family owned Peking back when it was on carriage house and then we built the one on vann and moved there. We sold Peking about two years ago. The people who we sold it to changed a lot of stuff and ,according to others, "made it to where it wasn't as good." They didn't have enough business to stay open.
Jewels

Lexington, TN

#17 Dec 15, 2011
It used to be my favorite Chinese place years ago. You are right. Things went down hill. Taste was lost. Prices were raised. Really sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jy 13 min Vic Odin 6
Downtown Jackson (Jan '15) 34 min Downtown 188
ObamaCare is the law of the land for the forese... 1 hr Mrs Clombat Clamb... 70
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD (Mar '15) 1 hr ChopperBlades 1,231
Overweight People 2 hr Lardazz 33
Donald Trump is not a mastermind 2 hr Mrs Clombat Clamb... 70
Trump Vindicated 2 hr Jesperion Drumble... 40
WWBBJ News 3 hr Supervisor 44
usj 10 hr Tabeastie 16
WNWS account suspended ? 18 hr Positive Polly 16