Man, woman arrested after refusing to...

Man, woman arrested after refusing to provide I.D.

There are 20 comments on the The Jackson Sun story from May 15, 2014, titled Man, woman arrested after refusing to provide I.D.. In it, The Jackson Sun reports that:

A car driven by a man who identified himself as Dustin Rosondich was pulled over by a Jackson police officer for not having proper tags on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jackson Sun.

Since: Mar 14

Ashburn, VA

#1 May 15, 2014
Wow, the new face of domestic terrorism. Smile in the cops' face as you tell him you are a free citizen. I can see why they are treating these people as the shoot-on-sight kind of dangerous.
Medina keep eye on this

Humboldt, TN

#2 May 15, 2014
When law officers hesitate to detain or question individuals due to the changes being made in laws or Judges throwing cases out. All in the false voice of protecting peoples rights. The rights of those being protected by these new laws are only sought by those wanting to break the laws and gangs that are now running small towns and cities across our country. Those of us who work each day and only want to raise our family safely do not mind being questioned on our business or why we are at the place we are when stopped. We as a people have allowed this to go too far. Police officers must be allowed to do there job of upholding the law as it is written. News story on WbbJ today about the couple who would not give their names and information saying it was their right not to is to me interesting and disturbing as well. What are they hiding and why? Who are the people listed as living in Medina and what are they up too?
FoundIng Fathers

Jackson, TN

#3 May 15, 2014
Of this country are rolling in their graves. This is exactly what that fought for freedom from. You people who would throw your doors open to provide quarter for these facists? And help further rid this country of all who disagree with the whole "Ineed the government because I'm too stupid to make my own decisions" camp? Go get fitted for the chains you so willing put out your hands for, dog.
Watch Dog

Jackson, TN

#5 May 15, 2014
The idiots were stopped for a fake license plate. And if you drive on public roads you must have a drivers license. What the hell is wrong with you dumb asses. Saying they were arrested for just not having an I.D. is a false statement.

There is no law that says you must have an I.D., but you must have a drivers license and be ready to produce it to the law if you drive a car.

Idiots!
iknow

Milan, TN

#7 May 16, 2014
Actually, unless you've committed a crime, you aren't required to give them any info. They can't hold you either. That violates state and federal laws!
duh

Jackson, TN

#8 May 16, 2014
well you commit a crime when you drive a car without proper license plates. Do you really think its OK to get your markers out, display a stupid made up plate on your car and just drive around?
Anarchist

Jackson, TN

#9 May 16, 2014
How is this so different from the amish? Or our native brothers?
It should be understood that you have to pay your toll to use troll roads.

A patriot aspires to be independant of government interference in matters of trade, ideologies, and religious belief. The road to this freedom starts with self-sufficency. There is no hope for freedom for anyone who is not willing to get up early every morning, work hard every day, and do it without government assistance. There is also very little opportunity in this place and age for a man so inclined to do so, to have the means to aquire real independance simply through his works.
That is not justification for all you people to just give up and accept life as it is force-fed to you.
Watch Dog

Jackson, TN

#10 May 16, 2014
iknow wrote:
Actually, unless you've committed a crime, you aren't required to give them any info. They can't hold you either. That violates state and federal laws!
Not having a license plate/ registration is a crime if you drive on public roads!

Idiot!
Anarchist

Jackson, TN

#11 May 16, 2014
Medina keep eye on this wrote:
When law officers hesitate to detain or question individuals due to the changes being made in laws or Judges throwing cases out. All in the false voice of protecting peoples rights. The rights of those being protected by these new laws are only sought by those wanting to break the laws and gangs that are now running small towns and cities across our country. Those of us who work each day and only want to raise our family safely do not mind being questioned on our business or why we are at the place we are when stopped. We as a people have allowed this to go too far. Police officers must be allowed to do there job of upholding the law as it is written. News story on WbbJ today about the couple who would not give their names and information saying it was their right not to is to me interesting and disturbing as well. What are they hiding and why? Who are the people listed as living in Medina and what are they up too?
As funny as this particular situation is, this is a serious issue that is not going to go away. Every anglo-texan feels as they are exempt from D.C. Interference. As well as every native american reservation. And many citizens in every little town in this great country.
I see people everyday who seem deathly afraid of the concept of a free individual. We are all going to die one day, that is a given. But in the meantime, we can alter our surroundings, our descendants' world, and our future. We are, to some degree, in control of our destiny. That is even more reason to not waste another day enslaved to dogma.
iknow

Milan, TN

#13 May 17, 2014
I never said it wasn't, asshole! I'm simply stating a fact. I'm not saying these two idiots were legally doing anything. However, if they were parked off the road and were approached by police, they have the right to refuse giving any info to said police officer! Unless you are being arrested or stopped for a crime, you are not required to answer any questions or provide any identification! When a police officer pulls you over, you have the right to ask why. You also have the right to ask what crime they think you've committed before giving them any information. If they say you aren't being accused of any crime, then they have no right to require your id. This is especially true in cases where the individual is walking down a sidewalk or standing outside minding their own business and are accosted by a police officer because they may look suspicious or the officer wants to know what they're doing. So, fuck you idiot!
iknow

Milan, TN

#14 May 17, 2014
This was to Watchdog!
just out there

Murfreesboro, TN

#15 May 17, 2014
iknow wrote:
Unless you are being arrested or stopped for a crime, you are not required to answer any questions or provide any identification!!
But they were in violation of the law, so what's your point here? Just to hear yourself speak?
iknow

Milan, TN

#17 May 17, 2014
I wasn't just referring to these two, I was making a general comment.

Since: May 14

Ilion

#18 May 17, 2014
Illegal aliens have no ID so let's give them our Social Security money
now what

Rockwall, TX

#19 May 18, 2014
iknow wrote:
<quoted text>I never said it wasn't, asshole! I'm simply stating a fact. I'm not saying these two idiots were legally doing anything. However, if they were parked off the road and were approached by police, they have the right to refuse giving any info to said police officer! Unless you are being arrested or stopped for a crime, you are not required to answer any questions or provide any identification! When a police officer pulls you over, you have the right to ask why. You also have the right to ask what crime they think you've committed before giving them any information. If they say you aren't being accused of any crime, then they have no right to require your id. This is especially true in cases where the individual is walking down a sidewalk or standing outside minding their own business and are accosted by a police officer because they may look suspicious or the officer wants to know what they're doing. So, fuck you idiot!
AGREE 100%
thwack

United States

#20 May 18, 2014
They need to cane them, like in Singapore. If they don't want to live by our laws, then let's give them something to think about.
Truth is

Jackson, TN

#23 May 20, 2014
These are Americans who question the right of the government to invade every aspect of your personal life. You can spread your legs for every government inspector who asks to probe you if you want, it doesn't make it ok for them to rape everyone else who doesn't consent.

Since: Mar 14

Ashburn, VA

#24 May 21, 2014
Truth is wrote:
These are Americans who question the right of the government to invade every aspect of your personal life. You can spread your legs for every government inspector who asks to probe you if you want, it doesn't make it ok for them to rape everyone else who doesn't consent.
I couldn't have said it any better than this.
Uhh

Greenville, SC

#25 May 21, 2014
These dumbasses were disobeying the law. These weren't innocent people minding their own business. Good grief.
Rockmouth

Jackson, TN

#26 May 21, 2014
Uhh wrote:
These dumbasses were disobeying the law. These weren't innocent people minding their own business. Good grief.
I couldn't have said it any better then this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
travel agent 18 min Guest 31
CNN/Fox News 22 min Azz O 3
My vote for WORST BAND EVER 27 min Guest 74
Legalization??? Yay or nay? 48 min OhNoWay 6
Jackson walk Phase 2 - the Bemis Mill (Oct '16) 2 hr guest 747
what was the name of the club across of the Old... 3 hr HG 31
mayor 2019 4 hr guest 183

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance