Ben Madrells Salary
Curious

Memphis, TN

#1 Jul 10, 2011
I just wanna know how much money he makes at Englewood...anybody?
Curious

Memphis, TN

#2 Jul 10, 2011
Mandrell
Adrian Guy

Jackson, TN

#3 Jul 11, 2011
Assuming that both of us are members of other churches, it's not any of our business.

The congregation has every right to know the answer to this question, but for the remainder of the greater West Tennessee community, we're just being nosy and, most likely, just wanting to know so we can start an argument.

Ironically enough, I expect this is precisely why EBC doesn't disclose this information even in-house and only encourages their leaders to continue to do so.
SBC

United States

#5 Jul 23, 2011
Wrong info. You act like you can make a motion and find out anything and prevent everything. The personnel committee has exclusive control over salary information. You can contact them but cease with the mis information that all it would require is a motion and a 2nd at a business meeting.

Think I am wrong, the vast majority of hires and business transactions are not church body approved.
HowToDoIt wrote:
Good grief, people!
If any member wants to know Ben's salary, or find out what is going on with the staff, or anything else, just show up at a church business meeting and make a motion.
Raise you hand and say, "I make a motion that the church publish the salary and benefits of the staff for the church to view at the next business meeting." Be prepared to give the reason for your motion.
This is what Baptist churches do! Otherwise, you are not a Baptist church.
If anyone on Topix wants to meet and discuss how to do this, why don't we meet somewhere near the church?
ben mandrell

Lexington, TN

#6 Jul 23, 2011
none of yo bidness how much i make main.

sheeeeeyut.

shuuut up
bens mama

Lexington, TN

#7 Jul 23, 2011
ben, i raised u to talk better than that, son.

tell them how much u make, boy
tithe

Humboldt, TN

#8 Jul 23, 2011
i want to know about the finances in the church and the salaries especially since i am paying part of it ... that is what baptist do

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10 Jul 23, 2011
Hey if everyone stopped giving money then you would certainly know how much he was being paid.
huh

Jackson, TN

#11 Jul 23, 2011
FreeThinker82 wrote:
Hey if everyone stopped giving money then you would certainly know how much he was being paid.
maybe i've had too much to drink tonite, brother, but i don't get what you mean?
Go Away Thinker

Germantown, TN

#12 Jul 23, 2011
Oh great FreeThinker82 is here to tell all of us Christians how wrong we are and how there is no magic man in the sky. go away man nobody here cares for your stupid antics
Attacking not the answer

Paris, TX

#13 Jul 23, 2011
Go Away Thinker wrote:
Oh great FreeThinker82 is here to tell all of us Christians how wrong we are and how there is no magic man in the sky. go away man nobody here cares for your stupid antics
Why do you feel the need to respond or react in such a negative way? You make the claim that you're a Christian and that's good. That being said, work on being secure enough in your faith that the verbal or written challenges from another person, whether they be agnostic, atheist, muslim, hindu, etc., don't faze you. All you're doing by attacking this poster is throwing fuel on a fire. FreeThink82 has an agenda & it's certainly his right to express it. But by attacking him you're becoming a part of the overall problem, not the ultimate solution - to be an example of Christ. Just agree to disagree. As a fellow Christian, I want to encourage you to remember this: you never know what kind of seed you may be planting in someone's life who may be reading your post.
Go Away Thinker

Germantown, TN

#14 Jul 24, 2011
Attacking not the answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you feel the need to respond or react in such a negative way? You make the claim that you're a Christian and that's good. That being said, work on being secure enough in your faith that the verbal or written challenges from another person, whether they be agnostic, atheist, muslim, hindu, etc., don't faze you. All you're doing by attacking this poster is throwing fuel on a fire. FreeThink82 has an agenda & it's certainly his right to express it. But by attacking him you're becoming a part of the overall problem, not the ultimate solution - to be an example of Christ. Just agree to disagree. As a fellow Christian, I want to encourage you to remember this: you never know what kind of seed you may be planting in someone's life who may be reading your post.
ok that would have worked about 4 months ago but all this guy does is jump in and thread fart on something that he should have no input on. lets say i started a thread that said "hey I am so excited because I just found out that my wife is pregnant. Praise God!" and then he gets on and says "haha you delusional idiot there is no God."

You're saying that is acceptable. I wonder what you would say if he came to your church on Sunday morning and jumped up to the pulpit and started going on about how there is no God - I am willing to bet that you wouldn't let him "express his feelings" for very long. Think about it.
Zadkiel

United States

#15 Jul 24, 2011
$63,500 (from just EBC) according to his tax return.
SBC

United States

#16 Jul 24, 2011
No way unless you are just including taxable income. Housing, car, education, etc. Allowances would double that amount.

Zadkiel wrote:
$63,500 (from just EBC) according to his tax return.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 24, 2011
Go Away Thinker wrote:
Actually, I only made one post and nowhere in that reply did I claim you were wrong for worshiping a magic man in the sky. I only stated that if people stopped giving him money you would know exactly how much he made, zero.
The gist of my comment is if you’re not happy with not knowing just move somewhere that does tell you salary information. I’m not sure what the legal standpoint is, church enjoy a hands off approach by government due to separation of church and state but a church is no different than a not-for-profit charity I would suspect. Would you give money to a charity that refused to tell you how much it was paying the people who were running it? I would not. So why would you give money to this church?
My agenda is common sense and as a good-will gesture I will stick to comments outside of the mythical & magical aspect of church unless someone challenges me or asks.

Location hidden

#18 Jul 24, 2011
Go Away Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
ok that would have worked about 4 months ago but all this guy does is jump in and thread fart on something that he should have no input on. lets say i started a thread that said "hey I am so excited because I just found out that my wife is pregnant. Praise God!" and then he gets on and says "haha you delusional idiot there is no God."
You're saying that is acceptable. I wonder what you would say if he came to your church on Sunday morning and jumped up to the pulpit and started going on about how there is no God - I am willing to bet that you wouldn't let him "express his feelings" for very long. Think about it.
What a wonderfully retarded comparison of what you think I am doing. I would never dream of coming to your church uninvited, forcing my way to the pulpit and debunking your myths and dogmas. A church is not a public forum; it is a privately owned and funded organization. Topix is not your church and although it is a private company it offers these boards as a public forum within the rules of their TOS. So long as you and I remain within those bounds we may post anything we want. You can post how you are pissed off at not knowing how much a pastor makes at local church and I can post how I think your being pissed is fruitless while I debunk your mythology. The difference is that you get angry and I do not, isn’t that odd?
Attacking not the answer

Kempner, TX

#19 Jul 24, 2011
Go Away Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your frustration, but where's it getting you? By what you've shared in this post and your prior one, it seems you're just getting angry.

It's ironic that you posted "You're saying that is acceptable. I wonder what you would say if he came to your church on Sunday morning and jumped up to the pulpit and started going on about how there is no God - I am willing to bet that you wouldn't let him "express his feelings" for very long. Think about it." Well, I've not only "thought about it", I've lived a parallel of what you've just described. Although it wasn't actually FreeThinker (whom I believe is an atheist) who "jumped up to the pulpit" of my former church, but rather men who call themselves Christians that actually "jumped up to the pulpit" to share what they thought of a decision I had made that conflicted with what they wanted others to believe about me. Only because of those events that particular Sunday morning, do I feel the need to encourage you not to continue to attack another party, especially if they don't get it (yet) about our God or as in my case, implied untruths. God is not a god of confusion. Live as a Christian whose total confidence is in the truth of God and allow your words and actions to reflect His love. Remember, God is Sovereign. He alone has the power to reveal the truth in His time. God has a grand plan already in place, even with people that believe like FreeThinker. Again be part of the solution, instead of the problem. I promise you, you'll be a happier individual and have more peace in your life. This scripture should help: Don't you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - LIFE for many people.(hopefully for even FreeThinker)
- Genesis 50:20
Liberal Wisenheimer

Port Orange, FL

#20 Jul 24, 2011
It's a typically Baptist occurrence, infusing Church affairs with politics, just as they try to infuse government with their goofy religion.

Go away, Baptists.
IP Freelee

United States

#21 Jul 24, 2011
Looks like evening services start again august 14

“as American as apple pie”

Since: Jun 11

Happy 4th of July!

#22 Jul 24, 2011
Attacking not the answer wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your frustration, but where's it getting you? By what you've shared in this post and your prior one, it seems you're just getting angry.
It's ironic that you posted "You're saying that is acceptable. I wonder what you would say if he came to your church on Sunday morning and jumped up to the pulpit and started going on about how there is no God - I am willing to bet that you wouldn't let him "express his feelings" for very long. Think about it." Well, I've not only "thought about it", I've lived a parallel of what you've just described. Although it wasn't actually FreeThinker (whom I believe is an atheist) who "jumped up to the pulpit" of my former church, but rather men who call themselves Christians that actually "jumped up to the pulpit" to share what they thought of a decision I had made that conflicted with what they wanted others to believe about me. Only because of those events that particular Sunday morning, do I feel the need to encourage you not to continue to attack another party, especially if they don't get it (yet) about our God or as in my case, implied untruths. God is not a god of confusion. Live as a Christian whose total confidence is in the truth of God and allow your words and actions to reflect His love. Remember, God is Sovereign. He alone has the power to reveal the truth in His time. God has a grand plan already in place, even with people that believe like FreeThinker. Again be part of the solution, instead of the problem. I promise you, you'll be a happier individual and have more peace in your life. This scripture should help: Don't you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now - LIFE for many people.(hopefully for even FreeThinker)
- Genesis 50:20
I think your post is beautifully expressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism and Homosexuality 3 min Geraldo 824
Newtown Tragedy 4 min what now 1
strip clubs within driving distance of jackson 6 min guest 6
a.h. 35 min Guest 1
Jeff Young: Discussion # 5 1 hr Whut 22
Roc nurse 4 hr Trainwwreckaday 2
publix 6 hr Guest 7
Heath Ransom- lawd have mercy 8 hr curious 14
Getting my stuff back 8 hr Turd 77

Jackson Jobs