Gangs in Jackson
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sleeper23

Lexington, TN

#1 Jan 26, 2011
Do you think there are active gang activity in Jackson Tn? Are gangs involved in the crime problem in the city? Is the city doing any thing to counter act the groups of young people walking the streets and alleys in the city??? Is there a gang problem in the school???
jump

Monroe, NC

#3 Jan 27, 2011
jackson has a gang task force the division of jackson police department ,are there gangs in jackson sure and the gang unit does a very good job of keeping tabs on them
HAHA

United States

#4 Jan 31, 2011
jump wrote:
jackson has a gang task force the division of jackson police department ,are there gangs in jackson sure and
the gang unit does a very good job of keeping tabs on them
Keeping tabs? lol. "yes, we know the city is over-run with young black gangs. However, we are keeping tabs on them" lmfao
rehtard

United States

#5 Jan 31, 2011
HAHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping tabs? lol. "yes, we know the city is over-run with young black gangs. However, we are keeping tabs on them" lmfao
Oh I'm sorry. Would you prefer that the gang unit violated everyones rights and arrested everyone suspected of being in a gang, whether or not that gang is or has ever been active? And why do you automatically assume all of the gangs have only "young black" members? I smell racism. Just sayin. Let JPD do their damn job.
HAHA

United States

#6 Feb 1, 2011
Racism...Some just love that word. Just run the numbers doc, since your "keeping tabs" and all...but since yall are keeping such good tabs, you know the numbers. You are right though, shouldn't have said "young" ... its the senior citizen black gang members running everything right??? all the violence? thats what the tabs say?
sleeper23

Lexington, TN

#7 Feb 1, 2011
I'm concerned. I hope the community is as well.
LocksMyDoors

Lexington, TN

#9 Feb 5, 2011
rehtard wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm sorry. Would you prefer that the gang unit violated everyones rights and arrested everyone suspected of being in a gang, whether or not that gang is or has ever been active? And why do you automatically assume all of the gangs have only "young black" members? I smell racism. Just sayin. Let JPD do their damn job.
Seriously "Let JPD do their damn job"???? My car has been broken into twice since Christmas. What has JPD done?? NOTHING!!!! Great to see my hard earned money at work. Love to see it running patrol cars that are empty at gas stations, restaurants, ect for quite a while! Great to see that when my sister is being bothered by a group of young men at school who call themselves a gang, nothing yet again is done. Yeah, if I keep waiting on them, my house car and bank account will be empty!
what it will take

Miami, FL

#10 Feb 6, 2011
It will take the cops. It will take the cops back-off while the citizens protect themselves. If my family is about to fall victim to gang violence, I'm not waiting on the cops... so they can either clean up the gangs, or clean up the pieces...doesn't matter to me.

Since: Feb 11

Jackson, TN

#12 Feb 6, 2011
what it will take wrote:
It will take the cops. It will take the cops back-off while the citizens protect themselves. If my family is about to fall victim to gang violence, I'm not waiting on the cops... so they can either clean up the gangs, or clean up the pieces...doesn't matter to me.
yeah, cause Im so sure the gang problem is running rampid in Dyer, TN... STFU tough guy... you'd probably squirt yourself if you came face to face with a real gang member.. just saying!
hey quacker stacker

United States

#13 Feb 6, 2011
For your information: You can make the city be whatever you wish on here. And telling someone that aims to protect their family from violence to "STFU tough guy"...WOW you are brilliant, and probably a cop.
Gonnamoveoutofja ckson

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Mar 1, 2012
Yes,..the numbers and entnic statistics will tell the story. There is a large community problem and "marching against crime" does nothing!! You can't even get those that witnessed a crime to come forward with information. Im tired of hearing about "feel good marches" but when a large group witnesses a crime,...nobody steps forward. Jackson is lost,...too late. Too many punks here already and the next generation of punks growing up will make the present one seem tame.Let the punks have Jackson. They will reap what they sowed. Poverty, violence and no future.
no solution

United States

#16 Mar 14, 2012
i read in the sun that the main shooter at Karma was a Crip. So does anyone else agree this is a gang problem?
cleveland

United States

#17 Mar 14, 2012
I've been in Jackson for going on four years. I'm from Cleveland Ohio. Jackson doesn't have a gang problem. Jackson simply has a whole lot of young thug black kids. That's right, I'm from Ohio and I said black. In reality , they likely have no affiliation with any real organized known gangs. They just think its cool to call themselves crypts, or bloods, or whatever. People from around here have no idea what gang problems are. This is smallville. The little thug blacks around here just found another way to scare you. Two streets over from where I grew up had at least five drive by's a month when I was 12, 13 years old. That was over twenty years ago. We had gang problems. Sorry, just had to post this in response to all this nonsense.
smartest guy in the room

Mount Juliet, TN

#18 Mar 14, 2012
Any group of young people that is organized--even loosely--and wreaks havoc is, by definition, a gang. So yes, Jackson has gangs. Jackson is a smaller town than Cleveland, so of course gangs exist on a smaller scale.
cleveland

United States

#19 Mar 14, 2012
Ok, you guys seem like you really want gangs here. Even after I explained that you don't have gang issues, you seem to believe you do. I'm a veteran of the U.S. Army, I was deployed to Iraq. I could try my absolute best to describe to you what its like to be in an environment of war, yet no matter how graphic I explained it, it would completely fall flat. Have you ever heard someone say, "I guess you just had to be there"? Well I speak from experience, Jackson does not have a gang problem on any level. Jackson just has an above average black crime problem. Don't confuse the two.
jacksonian

Lexington, TN

#20 Mar 14, 2012
OK so we dont have gang issues here in jackson.
We have groups of black males who live a thug lifestyle, get together, heavily intimidate folks, get in peoples faces around town, carry pistols, shoot people, kill people, rob homes, rob business, and generally make life miserable for the regular citizens black and white and latino. We have a police force and city hall that is under pressure from certain community groups to ignore them. If law abiding people call the police and say we have a problem with these groups of black males terrorizing the streets and parking lots and stores - the regular citizen is stereotyped a racist and a bigot by the law enforcement and city hall. Been there done that.
So call it what you want - no we don't want to have gangs in Jackson and were not trying to call them in here, but hell we are tired of these thugs, these punks intimidating and harrasing and terring down my town. I live here. I work here. Raised a family here. I own property here. I pay property taxes and sales taxes and help out in the community. BUT HELL we are tired of these punks. And were tired of community leaders like some on the city council who proposed to PAY these thugs a weekly allowance if they promise not to commit crime. So you can say we don't have gangs call them what you want - but just call them gone - or the city hall is going to wake up one morning and all the decent law abiding people who have lived here for decades are all going to move away.

United States

#21 Mar 14, 2012
In light of Cleveland's (by the way tell Quagmire I said gigity) post, our quazi-gang problem looks to be hopeless. It is as if the Jackson Police are not doing one thing to disrupt and imprison those that are organizing these quazi-gang or copy-cat-gangster activities. If we had a police department with sense they would create an organized crime or gang task force and set out to do something. At least identify and put people in jail that are already in violation of their parole. If Jackson police had done there job the 'crip' shooter from Karma might have been in jail instead of murdering if the PD had only notified his parole officer after they had arrested him! As usual the city will ignore it until someone with money demands otherwise.
rapper

Jackson, TN

#22 Mar 19, 2012
waht set they rep
tired of it

Bradley, CA

#23 Mar 27, 2012
guest wrote:
In light of Cleveland's (by the way tell Quagmire I said gigity) post, our quazi-gang problem looks to be hopeless. It is as if the Jackson Police are not doing one thing to disrupt and imprison those that are organizing these quazi-gang or copy-cat-gangster activities. If we had a police department with sense they would create an organized crime or gang task force and set out to do something. At least identify and put people in jail that are already in violation of their parole. If Jackson police had done there job the 'crip' shooter from Karma might have been in jail instead of murdering if the PD had only notified his parole officer after they had arrested him! As usual the city will ignore it until someone with money demands otherwise.
hey smart one, you should research your facts. JPD has arrested that POS several times (once for attempted murder) and the jury of his peers set him free..... just like Karma, nobody will come forward and say that he shot a gun....JPD has to rely on video from the club of him with a gun.......gotta love it....
dontspeakonit

United States

#24 Apr 2, 2012
cleveland wrote:
Ok, you guys seem like you really want gangs here. Even after I explained that you don't have gang issues, you seem to believe you do. I'm a veteran of the U.S. Army, I was deployed to Iraq. I could try my absolute best to describe to you what its like to be in an environment of war, yet no matter how graphic I explained it, it would completely fall flat. Have you ever heard someone say, "I guess you just had to be there"? Well I speak from experience, Jackson does not have a gang problem on any level. Jackson just has an above average black crime problem. Don't confuse the two.
I say with all sincerity thank you for your service, and for protecting our country.
HOWEVER....if you realy thing there is no gang activity in Jackson, you are very naive. Perhaps you should report on Gang activity in the United States Army, and what we can do to stop that, but if you don't know anything about gangs other than what yu have seen in clevland, then don't trivialize our problem.
oh yeah, and REPPIN CLEVLAND....fuh outta here.
Have you ever heard of, hmmm, idk, Memphis
Oh wait, I bet there aren't gangs there either, or in Chicago for that matter, right?
DO your research. educate yourself. and YESSSSSS we know you were in the military

*forgive the typos.....dgaf to correct them lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fair 3 min please 5
Jacksons THP on motorcycle (Poncherello) 20 min Guest 1
New Burger Place Downtown 27 min Downtown 5
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 49 min Amerika 1,784
Halfway house 1 hr please 6
Bible Verse of the Day 1 hr Auntie Theist 9
Which is better - Catholic church or Baptist? 1 hr Auntie Theist 370
lard arses 9 hr Keys 28
WNWS to make programing changes 17 hr Radio 12

Jackson Jobs