Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#62346 Jan 14, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Question:
After Gingrich and Clinton went toe to toe and shut the government down...did the economy improve or decline???
I actually don't remember. What I remember is that Newt lost his bid for re-election the very next time and he hasn't been able to buy a Political position since he did that. BIG MISTAKE on his part...if he wanted to stay in Politics and obviously, he did!

Republicans just never seem to learn from their mistakes.

Location hidden

#62347 Jan 14, 2013
Oh, it'll be even a bigger mistake this time because we've still got Troops in 2 War Zones! They'll be lucky if the American People don't storm the Hill and drag them out by the hair of their brain-dead Heads!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62348 Jan 14, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>And what happened if you were to decide that you did not want to strike?
I would be ostrichized by my fellow workers. Usually after that I would have a good chance of getting promoted to management........to a location far far away. Then I would have to become spineless and do what I was told, or be fired on the spot..........end of story.

Location hidden

#62349 Jan 14, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
"The billís nearly $60.4 billion price tag exceeds the annual budgets for many Cabinet departments, and the soft underbelly remains $16 billion designated for vaguely defined community development block grants."
So we should just pass any bill no matter what's in it? When we don't have the $$?
What part of restoring the damage "block by block", since we doling it out to them "Piecemeal-style", don't you understand?

If we don't have the money to help our Citizens after a Natural disaster get things cleaned up , so they have a place to rebuild and a roof over their heads, then we just might as well fold this Tent and move on, because we don't have a Country worth caring about, anymore!
Maybe we can go to Iraq, where 8 Billion dollars just disappeared into thin air, while bush was President and that's just a drop in the bucket of what we've spent over there, to help the Iraqi people, including their Leaders. But, we can't help our own People at a time like this and under these circumstances. If we've sunk that Low-down, this Country's not worth trying to save!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#62350 Jan 14, 2013
What an idiot. This man makes my skin crawl. And that voice is almost as bad as Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Sen. Schumer Asks Gun Retailers To Stop Sales As Congress Debates

"NEW YORK ó Sen. Charles Schumer says retailers that sell assault weapons should stop offering them for purchase while Congress discusses gun regulation legislation."

Letís see. I make my living selling guns, and this jerk wants me to stop while they debate. Who pays my bills while congress debates? How long will that take? As long as it has taken for the Senate to pass a budget? Iíll need foodstamps.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/13/sen...

How about the government stop collecting taxes until a real budget gets passed?
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#62351 Jan 14, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of restoring the damage "block by block", since we doling it out to them "Piecemeal-style", don't you understand?
If we don't have the money to help our Citizens after a Natural disaster get things cleaned up , so they have a place to rebuild and a roof over their heads, then we just might as well fold this Tent and move on, because we don't have a Country worth caring about, anymore!
Maybe we can go to Iraq, where 8 Billion dollars just disappeared into thin air, while bush was President and that's just a drop in the bucket of what we've spent over there, to help the Iraqi people, including their Leaders. But, we can't help our own People at a time like this and under these circumstances. If we've sunk that Low-down, this Country's not worth trying to save!
So you're OK that the bill includes $16B of non-Sandy stuff?

Location hidden

#62352 Jan 14, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're OK that the bill includes $16B of non-Sandy stuff?
You don't even know what a Block Grant is! Come back when you learn!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62353 Jan 14, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually don't remember. What I remember is that Newt lost his bid for re-election the very next time and he hasn't been able to buy a Political position since he did that. BIG MISTAKE on his part...if he wanted to stay in Politics and obviously, he did!
Republicans just never seem to learn from their mistakes.
What occurred was, and I realize at your advanced age you are prone to memory loss,(LOL)....

A balanced the budget for the first time in 40 years in 1997, 1998, 1999. And a $230 billion surplus to boot...

It's about time for another government shutdown - don't you think?

Location hidden

#62355 Jan 14, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
What occurred was, and I realize at your advanced age you are prone to memory loss,(LOL)....
A balanced the budget for the first time in 40 years in 1997, 1998, 1999. And a $230 billion surplus to boot...
I don't think you're right about what happened. I don't know how good or bad your memory is because you don't have a clue what happened. As I recall, nothing happened of any consequence because it didn't last long enough and Newt was taking so much heat because of it, he called it off and was as meek as a Lamb after that and the Republicans agreed to everything Clinton wanted! And Newt hasn't lived it down until this day!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#62356 Jan 14, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I would be ostrichized by my fellow workers. Usually after that I would have a good chance of getting promoted to management........to a location far far away. Then I would have to become spineless and do what I was told, or be fired on the spot..........end of story.
SO you admit that you can lose your job if you do not do as the union says.. NO organization is going to tell me when I can or cannot work.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#62357 Jan 14, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when is it my responsibility to help people that cry to the feds after a natural disaster? I did not ask the Government for help. Not even after the floods in Kansas and Tennessee and a hurricane in Virginia. I just buckled down and worked to replace my losses. Incidentally, I have said all along that we never should have gotten into foreign aid as a country. It is not my job to "save" all of them either. Charities helped people in other countries very well before our country got involved and started giving money to the leaders in those countries who lined their own pockets with it and it never made it to the people it was supposed to help. Of course, since the US decided to give this money away, they had to take more from the taxpayers, who, in turn, had less to give charities so they could help less people. In all, foreign aid is just a way for politicians to feel good about themselves while further stealing from the American people in order to try and buy the friendship of countries who do and forever will hate us.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#62358 Jan 14, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
You know very well the the "PARTY" does not allow her to "remember" anything that is not in the talking points for the subject.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#62359 Jan 14, 2013
mUH wrote:
<quoted text>
The economic implosion of Europe is accelerating. Even while the mainstream media continues to proclaim that the financial crisis in Europe has been ďavertedĒ, the economic statistics that are coming out of Europe just continue to get worse. Manufacturing activity in Europe has been contracting month after month, the unemployment rate in the eurozone has hit yet another brand new record high, and the official unemployment rates in both Greece and Spain are now much higher than the peak unemployment rate in the United States during the Great Depression of the 1930s.
The economic situation in Europe is far worse than it was a year ago, and it is going to continue to get worse as austerity continues to take a huge toll on the economies of the eurozone. It would be hard to understate how bad things have gotten Ė particularly in southern Europe. The truth is that most of southern Europe is experiencing a full-blown economic depression right now.
Sadly, most Americans are paying very little attention to what is going on across the Atlantic. But they should be watching, because this is what happens when nations accumulate too much debt. The United States has the biggest debt burden of all, and eventually what is happening over in Spain, France, Italy, Portugal and Greece is going to happen over here as well.
Obama and Congress just negotiated the "Fiscal Cliff" deal that did NOTHING do address our SPENGING problem.
Something wicked this way comes...and it is accelerating.
This is what happens when severe austerity measures are implimented during a deep recession. Curtailing government spending during recessionary periods always leads to a deeper recession. It is at times like these that the government becomes the only entity that can spur economic activity. The time to institute economic austerity for governments is when their economies are booming, not when they are contracting.
You posted a snapshot in time of what is happening in Europe that is factual. Then you suggest the United States follow Europe down the slope back into recession, and if austerity measures are severe enough....depression. That will really fill government coffers and balance the budget.

This reminds me of another poster who, after reading about a fellow Tennesseean who is in danger of death from the loss of Tenncare insurance, advised this person to support the repeal of Obamacare, a program which when it is fully enacted next January, has the potential to save this person's life.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#62360 Jan 14, 2013
Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>That is sad. I know how costly that can be.With all the changes coming due obamaCare, I can see this happening to more and more people. I do not know what people who are dependant on medication are going to do. I know some retired people who have gone back to work just to pay for their medicines. You will be in my prayers daily. Please contact your legislators and let them know what is happening and that you want ObamaCare repealed.
Can you explain what thought process led you to equate the posters loss of TNCare and medicine to the passing or repeal of "Obamacare".
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#62361 Jan 14, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> This is what happens when severe austerity measures are implimented during a deep recession. Curtailing government spending during recessionary periods always leads to a deeper recession. It is at times like these that the government becomes the only entity that can spur economic activity. The time to institute economic austerity for governments is when their economies are booming, not when they are contracting.
You posted a snapshot in time of what is happening in Europe that is factual. Then you suggest the United States follow Europe down the slope back into recession, and if austerity measures are severe enough....depression. That will really fill government coffers and balance the budget.
This reminds me of another poster who, after reading about a fellow Tennesseean who is in danger of death from the loss of Tenncare insurance, advised this person to support the repeal of Obamacare, a program which when it is fully enacted next January, has the potential to save this person's life.
You beat me to that last part OT. I guess I spent too much time studying it trying to come up with any rational thought to that post.
;)

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#62363 Jan 14, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
Follow the rules of your "PARTY" like all good communists should. It would not be so obvious that you are using "party" designated talking points, if all of you did not use the SAME EXACT WORDS AND PHRASES in your arguments. You do not have the intelligence to put them in your own words. You can all state or post ONLY WHAT THE "PARTY" TELLS YOU TO SAY
But then...
NTMD8OR wrote:
...but it is only a matter of time until...Obama tries to take guns from all citizens...
Hilarious.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62364 Jan 14, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you're right about what happened. I don't know how good or bad your memory is because you don't have a clue what happened. As I recall, nothing happened of any consequence because it didn't last long enough and Newt was taking so much heat because of it, he called it off and was as meek as a Lamb after that and the Republicans agreed to everything Clinton wanted! And Newt hasn't lived it down until this day!
You should. Clinton took credit for it.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#62365 Jan 14, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> This is what happens when severe austerity measures are implimented during a deep recession. Curtailing government spending during recessionary periods always leads to a deeper recession. It is at times like these that the government becomes the only entity that can spur economic activity. The time to institute economic austerity for governments is when their economies are booming, not when they are contracting.
No.

Here's basically what Keynesian adherents believe:

Problem: Excessive Debt
Cause: Spending too much money
Solution: Spend MORE money

Ludricous. The way to control debt is to quit spending.

Quit spending so much money! You simply cannot spend - or tax - yourself into prosperity.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62367 Jan 14, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>SO you admit that you can lose your job if you do not do as the union says.. NO organization is going to tell me when I can or cannot work.
Hold on just one minute, I never ever said you could lose your job if you don't do what the Union wants.(Right to Work State)Unless you want me to take your statement literally, then I could say, you could lose your life if do not do as I say and don't jump off the mountain.
Please allow me to explain again;
If the Union calls a strike and I cross the picket line to keep working, while the Union and Company keep barginning, from that point on I will be known as a "Scab".
Now after the contract is signed and everybody goes back to work, I as a Scab will not belong to the Union that just got me my raise and other benefits. They still will have to honor any grievances I might have against the company.
It would be my co-workers that would not talk to me, or help me,ect. thus slowing down production. Management would not like this atmosphere, so more often than not they would promote and transfer me very far away and hope(or could care less) where I end up no one finds out that I scabbed. Because if craft finds out their boss scabbed then again production would go down........but this time I'm a manager(with no protection) they would fire me, I would have no where to turn.......but to hit the road.
The Union didn't get me fired, it was my own greedy action that got me fired. Any good Union has to follow the Labor laws. Any good Union has to have members that stick together and still follow the laws also. It's the greedy people(in this case) that get fired.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#62368 Jan 14, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Hold on just one minute, I never ever said you could lose your job if you don't do what the Union wants.(Right to Work State)Unless you want me to take your statement literally, then I could say, you could lose your life if do not do as I say and don't jump off the mountain.
Please allow me to explain again;
If the Union calls a strike and I cross the picket line to keep working, while the Union and Company keep barginning, from that point on I will be known as a "Scab".
Now after the contract is signed and everybody goes back to work, I as a Scab will not belong to the Union that just got me my raise and other benefits. They still will have to honor any grievances I might have against the company.
It would be my co-workers that would not talk to me, or help me,ect. thus slowing down production. Management would not like this atmosphere, so more often than not they would promote and transfer me very far away and hope(or could care less) where I end up no one finds out that I scabbed. Because if craft finds out their boss scabbed then again production would go down........but this time I'm a manager(with no protection) they would fire me, I would have no where to turn.......but to hit the road.
The Union didn't get me fired, it was my own greedy action that got me fired. Any good Union has to follow the Labor laws. Any good Union has to have members that stick together and still follow the laws also. It's the greedy people(in this case) that get fired.
Allow me to add(Right to Work State)you don't have to belong to a Union and still the Union members will work with you and still be your friend and you will still get all the benefits that they worked for and you as a non-member didn't lift a finger for. But when it comes time to strike, the Union members do expect you to strike also.........and all good management would rather you stay out until the contract is settled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Electrician 3 min Sha 5
Cambell Ruffin School System 3 min Mike 10
auntie 52 min here today loves ... 95
David Vancleave 55 min Just curious 2
northeast academy 1 hr Ruffins failure 12
Chick fil A and Black Workers 1 hr V Ruffin 19
Looking for Jimmy Johnson (Jan '14) 2 hr seeker 7
Sheriff's Wife 7 hr MCSD 97
corrupt judges in jackson,tn (Apr '11) 17 hr LittleIsCrap 226
Jackson Dating