First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wanting a job

Jackson, TN

#1 Nov 2, 2012
why does JEA hire so many family members and not let other people in Jackson get a shot at a good job.Hell even the CEO wife works there.Its not fair this is not that big of a company and should not hire family at all.
guest73

Jackson, TN

#2 Nov 2, 2012
give us a job
JacksonFamous

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2012
They suck!
jacksonmom83

United States

#4 Nov 2, 2012
my husband has worked there for 12years and he has no family there, he started straight out of high school.. most of the time they fill full time positions from within the company and hire new people in part tim, which is only right.. what job did you apply for?
JEA Not a Private Co

Jackson, TN

#5 Nov 2, 2012
Everyone needs to realize that JEA is not a private employer, but rather a semi/quasi-government agency.

Additionally, the do not pay the same taxes, fees, etc that other "businesses" in Jackson/Madison County are required to pay.

So remember, when you are getting services through them, one of the reasons they can under-price other, non-government companies, they do not have the same tax liabilities that other companies but figure into their bottom lines.
what?

Jackson, TN

#6 Nov 2, 2012
JEA Not a Private Co wrote:
Everyone needs to realize that JEA is not a private employer, but rather a semi/quasi-government agency.

Additionally, the do not pay the same taxes, fees, etc that other "businesses" in Jackson/Madison County are required to pay.

So remember, when you are getting services through them, one of the reasons they can under-price other, non-government companies, they do not have the same tax liabilities that other companies but figure into their bottom lines.
What does that have to do with the original post and jobs??? Sounds like you are someone they are competing against. Sour grapes????
ItsViral

United States

#7 Nov 2, 2012
Connect the dots in Jackson. The truth is so obvious. About 3 certain clique social groups, 6 Companies, and appox 3 Organizations (approx 12 in number), control the whole shooting match. Needs to be broken up.
jsydn

Jackson, TN

#8 Nov 2, 2012
JEA Not a Private Co wrote:

I am not from here and moved here about 2 years ago. JEA does a great job. Jackson is spoiled with their level of customer service and reliability. Go somewhere else and live and compare.
wanting a job

Jackson, TN

#9 Nov 2, 2012
the thing is this is NOT A PRIVATE EMPLOYER that why they should not hire family this is not fair
just think the CEO wife works there you think she
would get fired for not doing her job?everyone needs a shot at a job these days and I know they
do hire some from outside the family but it not right to hire any family
jacksonmom83

United States

#10 Nov 3, 2012
Do you realize how many different departments JEA has? Family is not working for family..each department has supervisors and foremans and I can guarantee nobody is supervising a family member..
Unemployed

Jackson, TN

#11 Nov 3, 2012
Getting a Job at JEA is hard. They do background checks, Drug screening, and they DO check your references. I applied there and I DO have a family member that works there too and was NOT hired. I was not upset and I am going to keep trying to get on there. It is a good place to work and Hats off to employees and the Company in General they do a excellent job and are well known for their job each and everyone of them do. Just don't give up, I was told there are a lot of applicants that apply there for each job that comes open. I know I am not giving up. Good luck to you too. I am still unemployed and I go every day and apply for jobs in Jackson that are available ( not many) and still unemployed. Good jobs are hard to come by but I am not giving up.
wanting a job

Jackson, TN

#12 Nov 3, 2012
just want to know his is a public company and has fewer than 400 employees and it is not right for a public company to hire family
no

United States

#13 Nov 3, 2012
wanting a job wrote:
just want to know his is a public company and has fewer than 400 employees and it is not right for a public company to hire family
I disagree. You should hire the best candidate for the job regardless. Plus, she was hired long before he was President; even before he was even a supervisor at any level. He has worked his way up through the ranks and is a great man. He had nothing to do with her getting hired.
really

Jackson, TN

#14 Nov 3, 2012
wanting a job wrote:
Based upon your writing skills, and the fact that you're on gossip website fussing about why you can't get a job for a certain company, I'd venture to say that JEA's employment screening process is doing a fine job of filtering out those that shouldn't work there.:)
guest 77

United States

#15 Nov 3, 2012
Jea is not the only people who hire based on who you know... welcome to west tn period. Sometimes I wonder if they have ever heard of fair employment practices!!!
wanting a job

Jackson, TN

#16 Nov 3, 2012
Here is the problem you have alot of good people needing a job to pay for heat this winter and what Jackson and madison county have around 100,000 people but they can't find other people to give a job.there are some of these people making over 125,000 a year or more and theybhave a husband or wife that make that its over 200,000 a year.bet they can pay their bills and don't think how to find the money to feed their child.How many husbands,wifes,brothers and sisters would be fair to have working there 30,40 maybe 50 ok for about 400 jobs that is not right.
do what?

Jackson, TN

#17 Nov 3, 2012
wanting a job wrote:
Here is the problem you have alot of good people needing a job to pay for heat this winter and what Jackson and madison county have around 100,000 people but they can't find other people to give a job.there are some of these people making over 125,000 a year or more and theybhave a husband or wife that make that its over 200,000 a year.bet they can pay their bills and don't think how to find the money to feed their child.How many husbands,wifes,brothers and sisters would be fair to have working there 30,40 maybe 50 ok for about 400 jobs that is not right.
I have no idea what you are saying? Are you saying there are 50 relatives working at JEA? Can you prove that or are you just throwing numbers out there? I find that hard to believe.
wrong

Jackson, TN

#18 Nov 3, 2012
wanting a job wrote:
No one is making $200,000 at JEA. Please do not make statements when you have no idea what you are talking about. You loose credibility instantly.
quit crying

Jackson, TN

#19 Nov 3, 2012
wanting a job wrote:
I would suggest that you vote for Obama this week so the distribution of wealth can be spread across the board...then you wouldn't have to worry about relatives working at the same job since you'll continue to get your check for not working....sounds fair.....
Suicide Clutch

Lees Summit, MO

#20 Nov 3, 2012
wanting a job wrote:
the thing is this is NOT A PRIVATE EMPLOYER that why they should not hire family this is not fair
just think the CEO wife works there you think she
would get fired for not doing her job?everyone needs a shot at a job these days and I know they
do hire some from outside the family but it not right to hire any family
I would hire anybody over you because you sound like you whine way to much to make a good employee.Cry babies need not apply.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jackson Country Club (Jul '11) 5 min JCC member 80
Diamond Dixie 6 min Jesse Moore 3
Merrymans Auto Service Center 19 min maryjane 4
Atheism and Homosexuality 1 hr Observer 785
JB Elston and "TINY" 1 hr Boomerang 10
Public Record Shared with Jackson 1 hr TCA Lions 4
Ex-Atheist Testimonies: From Atheist to Christian 1 hr Steinbeck 89
Anastasia Brown had an abortion 7 hr Queens 24
trooper cash 9 hr wanna be 27
Brooksies Barn Thu Octopus 27