First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Jackson, TN

#21 Aug 24, 2013
Some of you people are idiots! This event is a nice event provided for free to the public. There are different types of people there. Some people do bring wine or other alcohol. I have been a few times and no one had ever gotten out of line or disrespectful.
i have a dream

Savannah, TN

#23 Aug 24, 2013
Sounds like one of them ther unregulated nighclubs. Music alcohol parties. Did they get a business license from the mayor? Oh yeh thats only certain groups.

Lexington, TN

#24 Aug 24, 2013
Dear Concerned: the Starlight Symphony is one of our extended family's favorite nighs of the year. It is a great (and free!) family oriented event with wonderful symphonic (and some pops music) thrown in. People do bring wine but it is not an obvious thing. I have never I all my 15 years of attending seen anyone drunk or disorderly, and I've never seen anyone smoking. Smoking is not allowed. There are No Smoking signs everywhere. They usually have carts with free Popsicles and ice cream sandwiches for the kids. I encourage you to go with your family. I promise you will have a great time. Where else can you go to hear real cannons during the 1812 Overture with huge Carillon bells ringing overhead? Nowhere else in America, that's where. Don't listen to these idiots on here, they don't know what they're talking about.

United States

#25 Aug 24, 2013
Great concerts.
mighty carl

Savannah, TN

#26 Aug 24, 2013
Guest wrote:
Dear Concerned: the Starlight Symphony is one of our extended family's favorite nighs of the year. It is a great (and free!) family oriented event with wonderful symphonic (and some pops music) thrown in. People do bring wine but it is not an obvious thing. I have never I all my 15 years of attending seen anyone drunk or disorderly, and I've never seen anyone smoking. Smoking is not allowed. There are No Smoking signs everywhere. They usually have carts with free Popsicles and ice cream sandwiches for the kids. I encourage you to go with your family. I promise you will have a great time. Where else can you go to hear real cannons during the 1812 Overture with huge Carillon bells ringing overhead? Nowhere else in America, that's where. Don't listen to these idiots on here, they don't know what they're talking about.
There is nothing immoral about smoking. I enjoy a good cigar and if our group wants to partake in libations and a good cigar and enjoy the evening then we will. No one has ever told us not to in the past. Or they better not. Someone better tell those cannons about the no smoking laws. LOL

Lexington, TN

#27 Aug 24, 2013
mighty carl wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing immoral about smoking. I enjoy a good cigar and if our group wants to partake in libations and a good cigar and enjoy the evening then we will. No one has ever told us not to in the past. Or they better not. Someone better tell those cannons about the no smoking laws. LOL
I didn't say there was anything immoral about smoking, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge a group its libations and cigars. We had libations tonight too. I was merely pointing out to "concerned" that the symphony is not some kind of drunken orgy with people smoking cigarettes everywhere. As if anyone would really expect that at a symphonic concert LOL
Class Act

Lexington, TN

#28 Aug 24, 2013
Saw some hotties at that symphony tonite!

Lexington, TN

#29 Aug 24, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say there was anything immoral about smoking, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge a group its libations and cigars. We had libations tonight too. I was merely pointing out to "concerned" that the symphony is not some kind of drunken orgy with people smoking cigarettes everywhere. As if anyone would really expect that at a symphonic concert LOL
I couldn't agree more. The symphony group is way too classy to have a drunken orgy in public. We keep that behind closed doors... whether they be car doors, cheap motel doors or office doors. Show some respect people. We set up tents and bring elaborate picnics and decor and try our damnedest to out do our friends and neighbors. Just sit back and enjoy the music and feast your eyes on our beautiful tablescapes. ;-)
lovely

Savannah, TN

#31 Aug 25, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say there was anything immoral about smoking, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge a group its libations and cigars. We had libations tonight too. I was merely pointing out to "concerned" that the symphony is not some kind of drunken orgy with people smoking cigarettes everywhere. As if anyone would really expect that at a symphonic concert LOL
They were doing radio promotions with the media group that includes the nasty FOX radio wtjs. So you got your typical right wing hillbilly teaparty crowd all excited with the words patriotic and cannons in the same radio spot.

We had a great time though.

Dyer, TN

#32 Aug 23, 2014
Where is the best place to park? How soon should we get there to get a good seat

Jackson, TN

#33 Aug 23, 2014
Don't go. Don't support the new conductor! We want our local musicians back!
likesembigboned

Jackson, TN

#34 Aug 23, 2014
Saw the girl setting up for U of M. She said she was soaked. I would love to soak J panties
likesembigboned

Jackson, TN

#35 Aug 24, 2014
likesembigboned wrote:
Saw the girl setting up for U of M. She said she was soaked. I would love to soak J panties
Jenci
Just needing info

Savannah, TN

#36 Aug 28, 2014
Tell me more about this event! The who, what, when, and where! Sounds like something I'd love to attend. And please people, don't get hung up on the drinking.... anything is bad for you if done in excess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who knows Shonda Brown? 17 min Devastatedwife 5
Any fancy restaurants around here? 25 min junior 11
Vanderbilt Rape Case 29 min Wrong 15
Brandon? 38 min smiles 1
jeremy mcfarland (May '12) 1 hr pigman 9
Wbbj mugshots 90-95% blacks (Nov '13) 1 hr lol 106
Texting and Driving 1 hr Law Man 1
Englewood (Jun '13) 2 hr Vision 20 20 Details 1,927
Shooting in town tonight? 3 hr Truth 12
Downtown Jackson 5 hr LMBO 36
Charlie Bulldogs Closing 6 hr Amazed 30
Dr Jeff young 17 hr Why post this 327
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?