First Prev
of 2
Next Last
love it!!

Jackson, TN

#1 Aug 20, 2013
I go every year, but always seems to be late. Can someone give me details on when to get there? Also, where to park to leave easily would be awesome too.

“High Alert:DEFCON 2”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Aug 20, 2013
I have heard their "ads" on the radio; where is the Church located, please?
Blanca

Germantown, TN

#3 Aug 20, 2013
The Church is on N. Highland heading south, just before making a right for the Hospital. Its a huge church and colonial era mansion on the right side of the road. Cant miss it! Theres usually ample parking if you arrive 30-45 minutes ahead of time.

“High Alert:DEFCON 2”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Aug 20, 2013
Thank you, Blanca; I know the general vicinity you are referencing.
love it!!

Jackson, TN

#5 Aug 20, 2013
Blanca wrote:
The Church is on N. Highland heading south, just before making a right for the Hospital. Its a huge church and colonial era mansion on the right side of the road. Cant miss it! Theres usually ample parking if you arrive 30-45 minutes ahead of time.
Yes, I usually have no problem finding a spot. Trying to leave... Different story. Wonder if we could park at the hospital and walk? Hmmm
guest

Savannah, TN

#6 Aug 20, 2013
Blanca wrote:
The Church is on N. Highland heading south, just before making a right for the Hospital. Its a huge church and colonial era mansion on the right side of the road. Cant miss it! Theres usually ample parking if you arrive 30-45 minutes ahead of time.
Colonial era mansion? I wasn't aware Jackson was that old!
Second Year

Jackson, TN

#7 Aug 22, 2013
I've only been once and it was a few years ago. From what I remember, people brought food and wine right? I remember the food at least. We are wanting to cook some stuff and have a little picnic.
lady

United States

#8 Aug 23, 2013
They are doing a tribute to bill holland. His tablescapes were so pretty. People had so much fun at his tent.
love it!!

United States

#9 Aug 23, 2013
Second Year wrote:
I've only been once and it was a few years ago. From what I remember, people brought food and wine right? I remember the food at least. We are wanting to cook some stuff and have a little picnic.
I'm not too sure about brining wine, food yes! I've never heard of anyone bringing alcohol.
lady

United States

#10 Aug 23, 2013
Yes. People serve wine, cocktails. Some serve beer depending on your menu of course. Wine and cocktails are the traditon.
guest

Savannah, TN

#11 Aug 23, 2013
sounds like a fun gay affair! LOL
Guest

Nashville, TN

#12 Aug 23, 2013
Last year we passed a joint or two around. Had a great time
Moonshine

Jackson, TN

#13 Aug 23, 2013
I have some good ole shine in my tent
jimmy

Savannah, TN

#14 Aug 23, 2013
I bet ol Bill passed around a doobie. Maybe a crack pipe or some blow at the after party.
love it!!

United States

#15 Aug 23, 2013
Moonshine wrote:
I have some good ole shine in my tent
I'll be coming to your tent. ;)
concerned

Savannah, TN

#16 Aug 24, 2013
What kind of Church is this with the drinking and dope smoking on the property? Doesn't sound like a family oriented event. I've heard the ads on radio and it came off as a patriotic themed family event.
Second Year

Jackson, TN

#17 Aug 24, 2013
Jesus drank and hung out with prostitutes.
concerned

Savannah, TN

#18 Aug 24, 2013
Second Year wrote:
Jesus drank and hung out with prostitutes.
That's debatable. It depends on how you define "drank and hung out". In your context you imply He enjoyed getting drunk on strong alcoholic drinks and partied with the prostitutes. I don't see "drank and hung out" in the Bible. He did however tell them to go and sin no more. I suppose this church crowd would rather ignore that. They also ignore the rest of the New Testament where the Lord instructs a Christian born of the Spirit to conduct themselves- to be in the world but not "of the world".
guest

Lexington, TN

#19 Aug 24, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>That's debatable. It depends on how you define "drank and hung out". In your context you imply He enjoyed getting drunk on strong alcoholic drinks and partied with the prostitutes. I don't see "drank and hung out" in the Bible. He did however tell them to go and sin no more. I suppose this church crowd would rather ignore that. They also ignore the rest of the New Testament where the Lord instructs a Christian born of the Spirit to conduct themselves- to be in the world but not "of the world".
Someone needs a toke on the peace pipe. Huff, huff and pass!
guest

Dallas, TX

#20 Aug 24, 2013
We will have a little shine and lots of beer. We just put it in a cup nobody has ever said a word. Well until Barry tried to piss on the tree by the cannon. He was at least a 12 pack in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nichole karnes 3 hr guest 44
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Golden Girl 1,235
gays 4 hr Don't believe it 10
vid JPD brutality on Ch 7 wed 4 hr taylorB 55
Think you know about Jesus? 4 hr Roe Wade 13
Atheists Cannot Hold Political Office? 7 hr the rest of the s... 17
Officer scheduled for surgery after assault; Mana 8 hr Red 4
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:36 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:36PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why the Browns Need to Stay Far Away from Bradford
NFL 7:00 AM
Weinke makes a Luck-Bradford collegiate comparison
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine