USJ and Madison??
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Jackson, TN

#1 Mar 6, 2013
Which school is better? Which one gives more work? What are the graduation requirements? Do they both have study halls? Which one would you recommend?

Jackson, TN

#2 Mar 6, 2013
Definitely Madison. Madison is better academically and has nicer/more accepting kids. Usj people think they're better than everyone else because they have money.
YoungGuy16

United States

#3 Mar 6, 2013
You might want to read the question again, Guest. USJ definitely gives more work; I would know because I go there and have friends at Madison who say they never have work outside of school. Madison only has 4 classes per semester, while USJ has 7, which includes a study hall. If I'm correct, I believe the graduation requirements include the normal class credits plus 50 hours of community service-hours both inside and outside of school. USJ people are not snobby at all. That's just a stereotype that people place on private school children.

Jackson, TN

#4 Mar 7, 2013
YoungGuy16 wrote:
You might want to read the question again, Guest. USJ definitely gives more work; I would know because I go there and have friends at Madison who say they never have work outside of school. Madison only has 4 classes per semester, while USJ has 7, which includes a study hall. If I'm correct, I believe the graduation requirements include the normal class credits plus 50 hours of community service-hours both inside and outside of school. USJ people are not snobby at all. That's just a stereotype that people place on private school children.
So Madison does not have a study hall?
Madison mom

Jackson, TN

#5 Mar 7, 2013
It's called mentoring which is like study hall I believe. Madison is a good school and yes they do have homework but I don't believe it's s bad as some say. Really depends on the teacher and how much they have planned to get in in 1 semester.
a mom

Medon, TN

#6 Mar 7, 2013
What are the requirements to be accepted at Madison?

“I am not a crook!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 Mar 7, 2013
The amount of "work" given has no bearing on how good the education is. No dealings with Madison but have dealt with USJ and they do seem a bit sbobbish and arrogant at times. Heck, don't we all do that at times though?

“I am not a crook!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Mar 7, 2013
Ooops..snobbish. Sbobbish?**LMAO**
Madison mom

Jackson, TN

#9 Mar 7, 2013
a mom wrote:
What are the requirements to be accepted at Madison?
It's a lottery and its already been drawn but call the jmcss and talk to Kim butler she may can help with any questions you may have.
a mom

Medon, TN

#10 Mar 7, 2013
I thought grades and maybe even an essay were involved in the acceptance process. It's just random?

My kid isn't even in middle school yet... just planning for the future.
Madison mom

Jackson, TN

#11 Mar 7, 2013
a mom wrote:
I thought grades and maybe even an essay were involved in the acceptance process. It's just random?
My kid isn't even in middle school yet... just planning for the future.
Yes they have to write an essay and they have to maintain a c average. They take the kids that have siblings first then it's a lottery.
madisonvsUSJ

Jackson, TN

#12 Mar 8, 2013
YoungGuy16 wrote:

So in other words, USJ students take 6 classes year round and have a more relaxed schedule (not having to get as much done in a short amount of time) while Madison students finish with 8 for the year and they get use to the fast pace of a class that will prepare them for college. Both are very academically challenging but one cost a ton of money to just attend the school, not to mention the appearance your kid will need to keep up if he or she wants to fit in.
lol

United States

#13 Mar 8, 2013
Which 1 has hotter girls?
Howdy

Jackson, TN

#14 Mar 8, 2013
Madison girls are snooty. USJ girls put out like they're being paid for it.
lol

United States

#15 Mar 9, 2013
Cool! Howdy u got any #'s for these easy USJ girls?
JMCneedshelp

Jackson, TN

#16 Mar 10, 2013
What are the pros and cons of Madison? I really would like honest answers...thinking of trying to get my kids in there in the next couple of years..THX

Jackson, TN

#17 Mar 10, 2013
My child goes to usj and I'm thinking about sending him to Madison. What would be better for him?
CCC

Jackson, TN

#18 Mar 11, 2013
I go to Madison and I think its a great school. Plus why pay alot of money for USJ when you can probably get the same type of education.

Jackson, TN

#19 Mar 12, 2013
Is it safe there?

Savannah, TN

#20 Mar 12, 2013
Madison has less kids with over-egotistical pride issues, but USJ has better looking women. Take your pick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christy Crews 3rd DUI 45 min supporter 3
trent lemons? (Mar '12) 1 hr I know the truth 6
superintendent office asking for public to help... 1 hr Truth 30
Pope gas line 1 hr Teacher 14
Those Who Claim The Confederate Flag Represents... 1 hr Jay B 12
Charlie Bulldog's Closing 2 hr Jim 40
wreck in front of theater 2 hr chuck e cheese 31
Grubbs Grocery 9 hr Moved 64
Lift Fitness Center (Oct '12) 10 hr Ur fired 157
More from around the web