Lift Fitness Center
Grateful

Medon, TN

#22 Jan 8, 2013
Madison county employees are not getting this benefit. The great outdoors is the best fitness facility of all if we just take advantage of it.
dozer

Lexington, TN

#23 Jan 8, 2013
The city would want to guarantee it opened with plenty of members so it would appear successful. Its like when the city buys tickets to the baseball games and passes them out. The city has been behind that entire development downtown. The mayor put together the crime committee with Vikie Lake and Crocker in charge. She is with the hospital and he is a contractor. That group formed the redevelopment agency. The CRA now owns all that downtown property. They can own all that tax free because its a government agency. They can also buy and take any property though the courts. That is why the city started pushing the broken windows theory that property conditions are a major contributor to crime.
Midtowner

Trenton, TN

#24 Jan 9, 2013
I can't wait til it opens!
No Politician

Linden, TN

#25 Jan 11, 2013
I honestly could care less about the politics of it all. I'm with you "Midtowner"... Just can't wait to get inside! No more meat markets with 360 mirrors, spandex, and muscle heads for this girl!
No Politician

Linden, TN

#26 Jan 11, 2013
Grateful wrote:
Madison county employees are not getting this benefit. The great outdoors is the best fitness facility of all if we just take advantage of it.
The guy at their office said county gets lower monthly dues and cheaper enrollment. Said the county's paying the first 100 employees fee to sign up, too. You can check anything on here if you just call.:) Found their number on www.liftjackson.com . Hope this helps.
Joe

Cincinnati, OH

#27 Feb 25, 2013
It's a great facility with all the amenities one could ask for....but I have never seen so many trainers that stand around doing NOTHING. It is almost awkward the way they just hang around with nothing to do. I've been going two weeks now and it's the same thing every day. They don't seem to engage the members or try to establish some kind of rapport at all. Just odd.
guest

United States

#28 Feb 25, 2013
dozer wrote:
The city would want to guarantee it opened with plenty of members so it would appear successful. Its like when the city buys tickets to the baseball games and passes them out. The city has been behind that entire development downtown. The mayor put together the crime committee with Vikie Lake and Crocker in charge. She is with the hospital and he is a contractor. That group formed the redevelopment agency. The CRA now owns all that downtown property. They can own all that tax free because its a government agency. They can also buy and take any property though the courts. That is why the city started pushing the broken windows theory that property conditions are a major contributor to crime.
Where did you get these "facts"? Hal Crocker on crime committee? You are wrong. Simple as that. Hate when folks get on here and spew crap without knowing what they are talking about. You are either misinformed or don't care. Either way your pathetic.
EvolutionMan

Jackson, TN

#29 Feb 26, 2013
I'm there 5-6 days week, great place, and well worth the price for what your getting. Pools, basketball court, full gym with free weights and all kinds of equipment. Free child care, free massages, free health classes.

It's an all-in-one wellness club.
no name

Jackson, TN

#30 Feb 27, 2013
WTH employees do not pay full price! It may not be free but they do get a discount.
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense. WTH employees pay full price? City employees and their dependants get free memberships paid by the city? SMH
scam

Dallas, TX

#31 Feb 27, 2013
I'm so glad jackson has this..not. what a rip off
member

Schaumburg, IL

#32 Feb 27, 2013
scam wrote:
I'm so glad jackson has this..not. what a rip off
Why do you say that? Can you site some specific reasons why? Are you a member? Have you used the facilities?
guest

United States

#33 Feb 27, 2013
scam wrote:
I'm so glad jackson has this..not. what a rip off
How is it a rip off? Don't want it don't join. Fairly simple to me you idiot.
j-man

Waco, TX

#34 Feb 28, 2013
People there are rude
Guest

Jackson, TN

#35 Feb 28, 2013
snschick wrote:
Actually the city employees membership does include anyone they carry on their insurance ages 14 and up... already got my membership card!
Not sure where you got your facts, but I am a city employee and my wife and kids are NOT free! I paid an introductory initiation fee of $49 that includes only me. To add wife and kids would be another initiation fee for each and monthly fees totaling over $100. SNSchick, you may have a membership card, but I guarantee you it isn't free benefit from the city!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#36 Mar 1, 2013
well they didn't ask me for a dime...
mikehoncho

United States

#37 Mar 1, 2013
snschick wrote:
well they didn't ask me for a dime...
Somebody is paying for it. Maybe your dad is paying for it on the downlow because it is his way of giving you a hint to get off Topix soo many hours a day and incorporate some treadmill time into your day.
well

United States

#38 Mar 1, 2013
The facility and staff are amazing! It's a tremendous value.
if you say so

Jackson, TN

#39 Mar 1, 2013
no name wrote:
WTH employees do not pay full price! It may not be free but they do get a discount.
<quoted text>
No they don't it's the same for wth employees as it is for regular people. I wont pay to go to that crap hole.
daydreaming

United States

#40 Mar 1, 2013
The young lady with the tan and black hair that works the counter is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. It makes my day everyday to say hello to her :)
I know her

United States

#41 Mar 1, 2013
daydreaming wrote:
The young lady with the tan and black hair that works the counter is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. It makes my day everyday to say hello to her :)
I know her, I can put in a good word for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tattoos 2 min Hey Robin 16
Name 1-3 words describe your emotions? 5 min Trump Man 10
Is Jimmy D's Sports bar closing? 18 min Diamonds 21
No Answer at Dr Young office 26 min Cromey 5
signing rights over to minor child in tn 31 min chief 16
Alternative Facts 36 min chief 39
Dragon 2000? 37 min Cemetery Walker 7
Chancellor James Butler 38 min Trace 15
Mall shooting 1 hr Johnnyskuck 19
WTJS What happened 3 hr guest 70
Richest person in Jackson (Jul '12) Sat Joelle 194

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages