sushilover

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

I heard that a lot of the cooks from sakura moved to the shopping center behind o charleys. Has anyone been to this place?

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Asia Gardens! It is an amazing restaurant. Very delicious and in expensive. I went with a friend a I got a bowl of soup, 8 rolls, 6 pieces of sushi, a drink, and an alcoholic beverage for $25. You should definitely try it out.
sushilover

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Thanks for the info!! I will definitely try it out!!
Patricia

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Is anybody knows why they left at the Sakura ?
J Town

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I don't know if anyone is still at Sakura I always go to Asia Garden now.
Joker

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

For me the best place of sushi. is at the Sakura it's good fish
Leigh

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Patricia wrote:
I have heard they are under new ownership.
Tyrone

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I like white sushi better than my own kind's.
The 411

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Patricia wrote:
They left after the owners of Sakura sold the place to Clive (he owned China Pan and ownes Kanpia)
the place has gone down hill from there!!!
Asia has always been good and not they have the best sushi chefs in J Town!!!
Sakura will be closed in a year. last time I went it stunk of old fish, we left before eating... won't be back!!!
GO TO ASIA!!!!
Long Time Sakura fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

It breaks my heart to say that as far as Im concerned, Sakura is dead. Had it this week and it is not what it used to be. The place was empty too, which is a sign that people know it is not only not as good as it was, but is simply not good period.
Long time customer

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

I've been there at the Sakura I don't have a complain about the sushi, still the same taste, and they have a lot of new rolls
Abu

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Sakura still the best sushi place in Jackson, I heard a lot people from far place, every time they're in Jackson they have to stop by & eat at their favorite place Sakura
Joycelyn

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

They quit at Sakura because they knew their day was coming. The new management doesn't allow illegals to work there. Most of them did go to asia gardens, so if you want to support illegal aliens then go to asia gardens. I wish we could deport them all, they have no right to work here in the US illegally!! As far as Sakura, It will take a little time for the legal workers to learn the ropes there, but at least they are legal.
Leigh

Brownsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Joycelyn wrote:
They quit at Sakura because they knew their day was coming. The new management doesn't allow illegals to work there. Most of them did go to asia gardens, so if you want to support illegal aliens then go to asia gardens. I wish we could deport them all, they have no right to work here in the US illegally!! As far as Sakura, It will take a little time for the legal workers to learn the ropes there, but at least they are legal.
Lol this is the most ignorant post I have seen on here so far. You must work there since you obviously know how the system works.... And sweetie it isn't Asia Garden's.......I have been going to Asia Garden since I was a child. The same people still own it, and the food then was awesome as it is now! The sushi menu is great, just like Sakura, but the hot and sour soup is the best by far. Lol Sakura just doesn't have it anymore! The good sushi.....has left the building.:)
Mom

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Leigh wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol this is the most ignorant post I have seen on here so far. You must work there since you obviously know how the system works.... And sweetie it isn't Asia Garden's.......I have been going to Asia Garden since I was a child. The same people still own it, and the food then was awesome as it is now! The sushi menu is great, just like Sakura, but the hot and sour soup is the best by far. Lol Sakura just doesn't have it anymore! The good sushi.....has left the building.:)
Leigh wrote:
<quoted text>
The ignorant one you! It maybe the Same owner but obviously not the same management. They just want to get on the Sushi wagon. Stolen receipes and illegal immigrants will never make a Chinese place for so many years into a Japanese Restaurant!!
It's obvious the negative comments about Sakura is not the truth! We have been there several times after they changed ownership. Joe, the manager has explained what happened at the restaurant with a investigation from a car accident. All the illegal immigrants got scared and never showed up for work the next day. Now they stole Sakura's recipes to Asian Garden and make it seem like the new owner is at fault when the new owners are the victim here. All I have to say is new workers will not change the original recipes. It still tastes awesome. Only thing changed is there is no more non tax paying illegals there and everyone that wants to support illegals can go to Asian Garden! Everyone that wants to support legal people go to Sakura! The truth will be known!!
HoldOnWait

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The ignorant one you! It maybe the Same owner but obviously not the same management. They just want to get on the Sushi wagon. Stolen receipes and illegal immigrants will never make a Chinese place for so many years into a Japanese Restaurant!!
It's obvious the negative comments about Sakura is not the truth! We have been there several times after they changed ownership. Joe, the manager has explained what happened at the restaurant with a investigation from a car accident. All the illegal immigrants got scared and never showed up for work the next day. Now they stole Sakura's recipes to Asian Garden and make it seem like the new owner is at fault when the new owners are the victim here. All I have to say is new workers will not change the original recipes. It still tastes awesome. Only thing changed is there is no more non tax paying illegals there and everyone that wants to support illegals can go to Asian Garden! Everyone that wants to support legal people go to Sakura! The truth will be known!!

It's pretty ignorant of you to be such a racist. Just because someone is Mexican does not mean they are an illegal immigrant. When an owner sells their business there is no obligation on the workers to stay and work for new management. I have eaten at both places and Sakura does not taste the same since it was sold, they obviously change something with the food. Next time you are at Sakura eating an Alfredo Roll think to yourself who 'stole' the recipes from who, the person who created the roll with his name or the profiteer who bought it from a third party and still calls it that. You should be ashamed of yourself but with ignorance comes no conscious.
Mom

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

HoldOnWait wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty ignorant of you to be such a racist. Just because someone is Mexican does not mean they are an illegal immigrant. When an owner sells their business there is no obligation on the workers to stay and work for new management. I have eaten at both places and Sakura does not taste the same since it was sold, they obviously change something with the food. Next time you are at Sakura eating an Alfredo Roll think to yourself who 'stole' the recipes from who, the person who created the roll with his name or the profiteer who bought it from a third party and still calls it that. You should be ashamed of yourself but with ignorance comes no conscious.
It's obvious that you have nothing better to do then to post shit about Sakura online. I am sick of people posting crap. You don't see Sakura fans going around posting shit. That just shows everyone what type of person you are. When 80% of the crew left after they were asked to fill out a identification form from homeland security the NEXT DAY!!! it's pretty obvious they are illegal. lol! You have no commen sense! Say all the lies you want! The truth will be heard! It's also obvious that you started this topic on purpose to make Asian Garden look good even though they are breaking the law in hiring illegals. You probably work for them or are them! Ignorant is the only word you know. Ask your illegal chef to show you a green card and we'll see who is really ignorant. Don't ask them for a license because they get fake ones. Why do you think he never show up for work when the home land security check on illegals with fake IDs. Ask him who taught him. How do you think a Mexican can make sushi. Racist is not me. Ignorant is definitely you. Get your story straight before you go around passing out bs. It's just a matter of time before he gets deported. And you'll feel dumb. By the way I have friends of all different background. So before you give your two cents go and find out the truth.
Mom

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Joker wrote:
For me the best place of sushi. is at the Sakura it's good fish
Best Sushi place in Town!! Love their food :)
The true 411

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

They left after the owners of Sakura sold the place to Clive (he owned China Pan and ownes Kanpia)
the place has gone down hill from there!!!
Asia has always been good and not they have the best sushi chefs in J Town!!!
Sakura will be closed in a year. last time I went it stunk of old fish, we left before eating... won't be back!!!
GO TO ASIA!!!!

Yes!! Go to Asian Garden and support the illegals. Woohoo! Let our tax paying citizens not have jobs because we all want to support the illegals!! Yeah!
The true 411

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Leigh wrote:
<quoted text>
Great sushi is still at Sakura! Only the bad customers and illegal workers left the building! Lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min Julia 123,457
Lost topix 5 min lmgtfy_com 22
No Atheist Shall Hold Public Office 17 min Reading is Fundamental 27
Ugly Mug Cafe opens on East Baltimore Street 34 min guest 11
Staples vs Mehr and why? 41 min fed up 116
who is hiring 43 min Reading is Fundamental 24
Do you know what you have done? 58 min Curious 32
Sick of medina people 1 hr Jackson 63
What's going on at JCS Tue disgusted 88
•••
•••
•••
•••