Labor Board Lawsuit against Jackson General Hospital

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Earl

Louisville, TN

#1 Mar 29, 2012
I know alot of people got letters about this today....what's the story on it???

Lexington, TN

#2 Mar 29, 2012
how about keeping your mouth shut and not discussing it
Go Jackson

Jackson, TN

#3 Mar 29, 2012
Fill us in
i know

United States

#5 Mar 30, 2012
Some employees were deducted lunch breaks from their time when they claimed they didn't have time to clock out, they were so busy. Mmmm. Who to believe?
concerned

United States

#6 Mar 30, 2012
i know wrote:
Some employees were deducted lunch breaks from their time when they claimed they didn't have time to clock out, they were so busy. Mmmm. Who to believe?
So, you didn't get one and going on hearsay?

It actually has some merit. I worked many a shift where I wasn't given a full lunch break, uninterrupted, and couldn't clock out "no lunch". If I'm putting in 12 hrs, I think I deserve 30 minutes of time to myself.
i know

United States

#7 Mar 30, 2012
No I got one. I also got my lunch breaks. Lol.
concerned

United States

#8 Mar 30, 2012
i know wrote:
No I got one. I also got my lunch breaks. Lol.
Probably not a bedside nurse then, because it happens.......a lot
smile

United States

#9 Mar 30, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not a bedside nurse then, because it happens.......a lot
. I would love to know where this person worked exactly. Yes this does happen all the time. I work on a floor where some nights you don't sit down, even have time to pee, much less eat. That's nursing!

Washington, DC

#10 Mar 30, 2012
smile wrote:
<quoted text>. I would love to know where this person worked exactly. Yes this does happen all the time. I work on a floor where some nights you don't sit down, even have time to pee, much less eat. That's nursing!
I believe the person who started this was a floor nurse at General.
west tn

Brownsville, TN

#11 Mar 30, 2012
Some of the nurses are in Cardiology. They have to scarf their food down because they don't have time for lunch. If they put a bite of food in their mouth, Rhonda (head bitch) tells them that they had lunch, so they have to deduct the time. These nurses are not getting to sit down, have to carry the phones with them to the BATHROOM.

Some nurses are lazy, but the ones that are filing the suit (and the ones that need to sign on, but won't for fear of being fired), work their rear ends off and are owed more money.
concerned

Tuscaloosa, AL

#12 Mar 31, 2012
smile wrote:
<quoted text>. I would love to know where this person worked exactly. Yes this does happen all the time. I work on a floor where some nights you don't sit down, even have time to pee, much less eat. That's nursing!
That's slavery!
wont help

Jackson, TN

#13 Mar 31, 2012
why does anyone waste their time trying to sue the hospital? they wont win,the lawyers around here are scared of general.
really?

Jackson, TN

#14 Mar 31, 2012
Lol
west tn

Brownsville, TN

#15 Apr 2, 2012
Clearly they aren't afraid of General since the lawsuit has been filed.

BTW, I wonder if those who sneak out on a smoke break will have to pay that time back. Funny how smokers have time for a smoke, but people doing their job can't even eat a sandwich, and if ONE MORSEL goes in their mouth, they are told that they HAD lunch, and to mark it off their time card.
ohh hush

Canton, TX

#16 Apr 2, 2012
Booo whooo try busting ur ass in a hot factory even with a degree!! Ur a nurse deal with it! People depend on u, that's what u signed up for!!!!
west tn

Brownsville, TN

#17 Apr 2, 2012
Boo hoo....if you're in a factory, I'm pretty sure that you get a lunch break without having to go back on the floor every 5 minutes to make sure the line is still running, AND you get to go to the bathroom without the foreman calling you.
west tn

Brownsville, TN

#18 Apr 2, 2012
Also...the issue isn't so much as getting a lunch break, but the fact that they are having the 30 minutes deducted from their pay whether they eat or not.
General Will Lose

United States

#19 Apr 2, 2012
The law is crystal clear. You are entitled to a 30 minute uninterupted lunch break after 6 hours or more of work. Sounds like General decide to delibrately understaff and thus the root of the problem plus the violations of labor laws.
Me Dina

Jackson, TN

#20 Apr 2, 2012
General will lose, the plaintiffs will lose and the Lawyers on both sides will WIN! That is how it works people, that is why they are called sharks. Top of the food chain.
Cheryl

Jackson, TN

#21 Dec 12, 2014
What is the nurses last name that works on 7th floor at JMCGH, first name is Dina?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DROP a WORD KEEP a WORD 8 min waco1909 87
Dawn Young 15 min guest 5
Nice Day for Crawfish and Photography 1 hr guest 1
Who is Steve Bowers? 1 hr General Lee 79
KHB on tour? 1 hr jealous much? 20
Best ribs in Jackson 2 hr government pigs 9
Jogger on Oilwell Rd 2 hr Stop the Press 25
Muse Park Body 8 hr here today 23
Englewood Baptist Church 16 hr Invite Me I Will ... 136
lowe finney 20 hr rastus 90