Jackson middle school
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Really

Gallipolis, OH

#1 Jan 3, 2013
http://imgur.com/a/Wa2Do
Is your superintendent really this stupid?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
um

Dublin, OH

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Really wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/Wa2Do
Is your superintendent really this stupid?
Good! I hope they get sued off there ass!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
justsay-in

United States

#3 Jan 3, 2013
Wow. Are you serious? That picture was there when I went to school there in the early 90's!!! Somebody needs a hobby cause they obviously have too much time on their hands! Everyone could us a little Jesus in their life! The world wouldn't be in the shape it is!
say

Jackson, OH

#4 Jan 3, 2013
It is to bad that because of a few people in this county do not want pictures of religion the rest of us have to abide by their ways ! Just like not being able to have Christmas parties anymore for the kids. Those few that are against this need to set in the gym while the rest if the kids enjoy the holidays. And come in the back door to the school so they don't have to see any pictures. RIDICULOUS !!!
Erika

Cambridge, OH

#5 Jan 3, 2013
That picture has been there for years. Someone is just now complaining ? Really? Has it caused any harm in the 30 years it's been there? No. It hasn't hurt one person. If it has taken this long to say something what's the problem? Get a life people. There are more important issues going on in our schools than a picture hanging in the entrance to the middle school.
I agree some need a little
More of Jesus in their lives.
pissed

Langsville, OH

#6 Jan 3, 2013
I love how everytime something bad happens, anywhere were always asking, where was god..... Well let me answer that real quick, we are pushing him out of our lives completely, its politically incorrect to say CHRISTmas anywhere... Its our faults, what is that picture hurting at all? Maybe it gives some parents a sense of calming after reading the news paper each day...... I dont go to church but u can bet ur ass i will celebrate CHRISTmas until the day i die, and i believe in the great lord up above, this world is goin to shit, it really is....... And all we have to say is where is god
justsay-in

United States

#7 Jan 3, 2013
The way I see it. If the folks from this freedom from religious group don't want to look at pictures of Jesus or anything that is not what they believe then close their damn eyes or turn their head the other way. It's not like walking by the picture is forcing religion on anyone anymore than driving by a church with a cross on the front of the building. Go a different way out of the building if it is impossible for you to walk by it without looking. Who would seriously take the time to contact the goofballs anyway? Probably a student or parent that didn't get their way. Ridiculous!
um

United States

#8 Jan 3, 2013
Church and state is to be separated
Really

Gallipolis, OH

#9 Jan 3, 2013
Their point is its a government funded institution. It can't have anything religious posted. If your kids want to pray and bring a bible to school they can.
Also if you want to talk about a lack of god preventing anything is like to point out that Christian schools also have shootings and rape.
Also you always see headlines about churches having pedophile leaders and shootings occur there too.
If god lets stuff happen do to a law by man then he's not very powerful quite frankly.
say

Jackson, OH

#10 Jan 3, 2013
Really wrote:
Their point is its a government funded institution. It can't have anything religious posted. If your kids want to pray and bring a bible to school they can.
Also if you want to talk about a lack of god preventing anything is like to point out that Christian schools also have shootings and rape.
Also you always see headlines about churches having pedophile leaders and shootings occur there too.
If god lets stuff happen do to a law by man then he's not very powerful quite frankly.
Religion was allowed in schools years ago. We said a prayer every morning and had Christmas and Easter parties. My how times have changed. SO VERY SAD !
Really

Gallipolis, OH

#11 Jan 3, 2013
say wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion was allowed in schools years ago. We said a prayer every morning and had Christmas and Easter parties. My how times have changed. SO VERY SAD !
You can still do all of that. Just can't be led by a school official.
I for one consider things better.
say

Jackson, OH

#12 Jan 3, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>You can still do all of that. Just can't be led by a school official.
It is not a Christmas party it is a holiday party because that offends a few people. We tried a few years ago to have an Easter party for one of the elementary grades at a Jackson school and was not allowed. But we did a few things unknown to others. Kudos to us. When prayers were allowed in school you didn't have all these kids bringing knives and guns to school. How many school shootings did we have years ago when kids were allowed to be kids
hmmm

Jackson, OH

#13 Jan 3, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>You can still do all of that. Just can't be led by a school official.
You must be one of the few that ruins it for everyone because of your ridiculous beliefs !
we all know better

Jackson, OH

#14 Jan 3, 2013
I personally like the picture. But with this statement the school does not belong to me personally. I also know that there is to be a separation of Church and State.

The picture should never been hung in the school and it should come down.

If you like the picture parents hang them in you own home or your churches.

Our school officials know it is wrong to have this on the wall but they like to push the envelope all while collecting taxes from all.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Karin

Jackson, OH

#15 Jan 3, 2013
We should not worship grave images. This very school teaches your children about separation of church and state. If you want your children to go to a Christian or homeschool hop to it. Public schools are for all not just a few. Picture should come down.
Really

Gallipolis, OH

#16 Jan 3, 2013
say wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a Christmas party it is a holiday party because that offends a few people. We tried a few years ago to have an Easter party for one of the elementary grades at a Jackson school and was not allowed. But we did a few things unknown to others. Kudos to us. When prayers were allowed in school you didn't have all these kids bringing knives and guns to school. How many school shootings did we have years ago when kids were allowed to be kids
Statistically speaking the same amount of violence in schools has stayed the same. The media coverage of these events has gone up with the advancement of technology though.
hmmm

Jackson, OH

#17 Jan 3, 2013
Karin wrote:
We should not worship grave images. This very school teaches your children about separation of church and state. If you want your children to go to a Christian or homeschool hop to it. Public schools are for all not just a few. Picture should come down.
Because of a picture or saying a prayer ?? You people are idiots ! Did you ever stop and think if prayer was still in schools it might instill in a child the right and wrongs of life ! What do you have against God ??
parent

Logan, OH

#18 Jan 3, 2013
I personally believe this is ridiculous. Are we forgetting that our country started out as a god fearing country??? Our core beliefs are based upon Christianity. We don't go to other countries and try to butt out their religious beliefs so stay the heck out of ours!!! I personally don't agree with letting everyone and their religions in our country!! If you don't like it here get the heck out! It's a shame we can't go back to the ideas and views of our fathers that started this great nation. We should be able to publicly stand by the principles and values upon which our great nation was founded. Our pledge of allegiance states "under god" and we need to get back to being a god fearing nation!!!
hmmm

Jackson, OH

#19 Jan 3, 2013
Karin wrote:
And you want the few that don't believe to run our schools ? You are an idiot ! We have our rights also! There are alot more people that want things the way they use to be than the way it is now !
hmmm

Jackson, OH

#20 Jan 3, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Statistically speaking the same amount of violence in schools has stayed the same. The media coverage of these events has gone up with the advancement of technology though.
And you believe that ?? Mass school shootings years ago???? You and your so called statistics are wrong. Maybe you better get advanced in that technology you speak of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Electric bill 1 hr Andrea 30
Johnny's 7 hr cat 5
Michelle Baxter 15 hr TheSmythCampaigns... 4
Tausha christman 19 hr Ewwwe 4
Lindsay rayy 19 hr Marcus 5
Hot Moms in Jackson 21 hr lowdown 3
places to rent for the day Thu Robert 10

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance