Jackson peewee football

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

United States

#1 Oct 27, 2012
I talked to mr humpherys on wed night and informed him what was going on with the white football team. He was upset that david and other 4 th grade kids was lied to about having the chance to go to state. He did tell me he was going to look into this and get back with me. However i have not heard from him nor do i think i am going to. 

Furthermore i have had people tell me to put it in the paper because he was done wrong and people does need to know before they put their kids in the program and they get lied too as well i have not made up my mind if i am going to do this or not yet.  Charlie wanted to pull david out of football because of the lies but were not going to cause its not fair to david. But even david said it was the so called superstars that got to go just cause they played longer. He told me he was just as good as the rest of the team and didnt even get a chance to run the ball like they said he would. I sit back and watched the kids and saw what he said was true.  It made me feel that the parents who had money their kids got everything. The choices the coaches made was not based on the kids abilities but who has the money.  Dont get me wrong some of those kids did a good job but there was other kids who wanted the chance just to try. When we first started the season the coaches said this is a learning year and all kids will be done fairly. But never did doc owens take other kids over and work with them it was only the same 5 or 6 everyday.  He NEVER gave any other kid a chance. 

On wed i said i didnt think it was the program trying to give it a fair chance, however since i have no heard anything else about what has happened it makes me think it has something to do with it. I understand mr humphreys has been ill and i truly hope he gets better cause he has done a great job in the past but if he is not physically able to do this anymore then someone needs to step up and give him a helping hand to make sure things is ran smoothly and fairly. Because this year on be half of my son and other 4 th graders that was lied to was not treated fairly.  I know i am not the only parent that is ticked off because i have heard others is too. When something is wrong it is wrong no matter how you look at it. It does not matter how long you run the program if you dont take care of a problem when it occurs then the program will fail  

Just as i said and other parents as well, This is a 4 th grade tournment either all of them that wanted to go should go or none of them should go. The coaches had NO rights telling the kids they can go and then tell them they wasnt picked. 

As of right now david will be playing football next year but we are not for sure who yet. We do not want to give jackson pee wee football coaches another chance to lie to david anymore. As i said before he looked up to his coaches he trusted and believed in them. In return they lied to him and let him down. I know i cant do nothing about this but i can inform people what has happened to david and other kids through this the progran and their coaches. 

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 27, 2012
Brannan6701 wrote:
I talked to mr humpherys on wed night and informed him what was going on with the white football team. He was upset that david and other 4 th grade kids was lied to about having the chance to go to state. He did tell me he was going to look into this and get back with me. However i have not heard from him nor do i think i am going to.

Furthermore i have had people tell me to put it in the paper because he was done wrong and people does need to know before they put their kids in the program and they get lied too as well i have not made up my mind if i am going to do this or not yet. Charlie wanted to pull david out of football because of the lies but were not going to cause its not fair to david. But even david said it was the so called superstars that got to go just cause they played longer. He told me he was just as good as the rest of the team and didnt even get a chance to run the ball like they said he would. I sit back and watched the kids and saw what he said was true. It made me feel that the parents who had money their kids got everything. The choices the coaches made was not based on the kids abilities but who has the money. Dont get me wrong some of those kids did a good job but there was other kids who wanted the chance just to try. When we first started the season the coaches said this is a learning year and all kids will be done fairly. But never did doc owens take other kids over and work with them it was only the same 5 or 6 everyday. He NEVER gave any other kid a chance.

On wed i said i didnt think it was the program trying to give it a fair chance, however since i have no heard anything else about what has happened it makes me think it has something to do with it. I understand mr humphreys has been ill and i truly hope he gets better cause he has done a great job in the past but if he is not physically able to do this anymore then someone needs to step up and give him a helping hand to make sure things is ran smoothly and fairly. Because this year on be half of my son and other 4 th graders that was lied to was not treated fairly. I know i am not the only parent that is ticked off because i have heard others is too. When something is wrong it is wrong no matter how you look at it. It does not matter how long you run the program if you dont take care of a problem when it occurs then the program will fail

Just as i said and other parents as well, This is a 4 th grade tournment either all of them that wanted to go should go or none of them should go. The coaches had NO rights telling the kids they can go and then tell them they wasnt picked.

As of right now david will be playing football next year but we are not for sure who yet. We do not want to give jackson pee wee football coaches another chance to lie to david anymore. As i said before he looked up to his coaches he trusted and believed in them. In return they lied to him and let him down. I know i cant do nothing about this but i can inform people what has happened to david and other kids through this the progran and their coaches.
What tournament are you talking about? 3-4 grade do not go to Super Bowl it's only 5-6th grade. It's always been that way. Some kids ride the bench til middle school

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Q Public

Chillicothe, OH

#3 Oct 27, 2012
If you get this worked up about peewee football, you need to ge a life. I feel sorry for any coach at any level dealing with parents like this.

I understand thinking your son is better than someone else's child. However, it is a KIDS sport. Kids learn just as much from unfairness and poor coaching as they do from being served on a golden platter when it comes to life lessons.

But seriously, you need to get a life. Not getting to go to state is not the end of the world, nor does it warrant a 5 page long topix post. But to each her own,

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

United States

#4 Oct 27, 2012
No its like these kids does not deserve to be lied to. My son understands he had crooked coaches and there is more out the. But wrong is wrong no matter how you look at it. I didnt care if he made it to state or not. But he didnt desevre to be lied to. He wore brusies just as much as the next kid from working hard just to get lied to

United States

#5 Oct 27, 2012
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>
What tournament are you talking about? 3-4 grade do not go to Super Bowl it's only 5-6th grade. It's always been that way. Some kids ride the bench til middle school[/QUOTE]

This was the first year they got to do it it would be in clevend if they win there tournments The 5 and 6 red is in super bowl they play on sun at 6 in jackson i hope they win. There playing chilli blue

West Union, OH

#6 Oct 27, 2012
Brannan6701 wrote:
What tournament are you talking about? 3-4 grade do not go to Super Bowl it's only 5-6th grade. It's always been that way. Some kids ride the bench til middle school"

This was the first year they got to do it it would be in clevend if they win there tournments The 5 and 6 red is in super bowl they play on sun at 6 in jackson i hope they win. There playing chilli blue
You must have been the only parent they told about this tournament because no one else knew
kelly

United States

#7 Oct 27, 2012
Brannan6701 wrote:
What tournament are you talking about? 3-4 grade do not go to Super Bowl it's only 5-6th grade. It's always been that way. Some kids ride the bench til middle school"

Topix? Really? That would be so embarrassing as a child. I hope you can find more mature avenues to take.
a football mom

Jackson, OH

#8 Oct 27, 2012
Why would you come on a sight like this to bash a program that has been around for over 30 years and your child has only been part of for one season? I feel bad for your child. What an embarrassment you must be!

I find it funny that your child was told about the tournament and promised a spot. I am sure it was mentioned they were combining white and red to make one big team. And sorry my dear, this isn't the first time they've combined the two to compete. But I know you being a new comer wouldn't know this nor would you try to find out before running your mouth on the program.

I find it amusing that you want to bash on the men who take the time out of their lives to spend hours away from home to teach these boys the sport. The kids are great to work with, but the coaches will tell you that parents like you are the reason they reconsider it. Maybe you should just find out what you need to do to become head coach and lead the boys to victory! I wouldn't want to do it because I would not want to deal with ungrateful bitches like yourself!

You may think your son outplays everyone else, and he may, but there's a reason he wasn't picked. It may be he's disrespectful to the coaches, he doesn't listen, there's a better kid on the red team who was chosen to play his position or MAYBE because they won't want to deal with you any longer. I think the last option would be my decision! As a football mom, I am thankful I don't have to continue hearing the whining for another few weeks of practice and games!

do you remember signing the code of conduct for parents? Do you know what that means Mrs Brannan? SHUT THE F UP Thank you

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
childabuseatitsw orst

Jackson, OH

#9 Oct 27, 2012
a football mom wrote:
Why would you come on a sight like this to bash a program that has been around for over 30 years and your child has only been part of for one season? I feel bad for your child. What an embarrassment you must be!
I find it funny that your child was told about the tournament and promised a spot. I am sure it was mentioned they were combining white and red to make one big team. And sorry my dear, this isn't the first time they've combined the two to compete. But I know you being a new comer wouldn't know this nor would you try to find out before running your mouth on the program.
I find it amusing that you want to bash on the men who take the time out of their lives to spend hours away from home to teach these boys the sport. The kids are great to work with, but the coaches will tell you that parents like you are the reason they reconsider it. Maybe you should just find out what you need to do to become head coach and lead the boys to victory! I wouldn't want to do it because I would not want to deal with ungrateful bitches like yourself!
You may think your son outplays everyone else, and he may, but there's a reason he wasn't picked. It may be he's disrespectful to the coaches, he doesn't listen, there's a better kid on the red team who was chosen to play his position or MAYBE because they won't want to deal with you any longer. I think the last option would be my decision! As a football mom, I am thankful I don't have to continue hearing the whining for another few weeks of practice and games!
do you remember signing the code of conduct for parents? Do you know what that means Mrs Brannan? SHUT THE F UP Thank you
I have nothing to do with football but as a citizen of this community and reading these post do you have any idea that the very children and young people you are talking about are
Gifts from God. I also read things in the paper where grown adults have physically attached each other right in front of these young people in this community. This kind of behavior is NO different than child abuse when conduct like this is allowed to happen in front of these young children.
I am one citizen in this community that is embarrassment for all of the adult conduct in this area.
An Adult can do many good things with children but when the line in crossed and abuse to other humans takes places between adults I think the punishment should be oh lets say a year of hard labor and six months in jail for starts. Violence changes who these young children become and this community needs to put a stop to these fowl mouth violence adults who assault each other over a game. This football program is not one persons program these are community programs so act like a part of a upstanding community.
Do not have a part of any volunteer program if you can not act like a upstanding adult.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
say wha?

United States

#10 Oct 27, 2012
childabuseatitsworst wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing to do with football but as a citizen of this community and reading these post do you have any idea that the very children and young people you are talking about are
Gifts from God. I also read things in the paper where grown adults have physically attached each other right in front of these young people in this community. This kind of behavior is NO different than child abuse when conduct like this is allowed to happen in front of these young children.
I am one citizen in this community that is embarrassment for all of the adult conduct in this area.
An Adult can do many good things with children but when the line in crossed and abuse to other humans takes places between adults I think the punishment should be oh lets say a year of hard labor and six months in jail for starts. Violence changes who these young children become and this community needs to put a stop to these fowl mouth violence adults who assault each other over a game. This football program is not one persons program these are community programs so act like a part of a upstanding community.
Do not have a part of any volunteer program if you can not act like a upstanding adult.
U make no sense

United States

#11 Oct 27, 2012
Wow a bunch of coach suck ups, everyone is over looking the point. Simple fact os coaching lieing to kids
kelly

United States

#12 Oct 27, 2012
Brannan6701 wrote:
Wow a bunch of coach suck ups, everyone is over looking the point. Simple fact os coaching lieing to kids
I do not have nor ever had a child in the peewee program so "coach suck up" does not apply to me. I just think as an adult you could find a more mature avenue other than public social media sites, meaning topix and your Facebook. It really would be embarrassing to your child(ren) and if it isn't, you should at least be embarrassed for yourself. It is a sport and everyone cannot win. It is better for kids to learn that at a young age and not be taught to blame others when you do not.

United States

#13 Oct 27, 2012
Where is your head at. You need to go reread or something this is not about winning or losing its about grown men lieing to a 9 year old. Now how respectful is that. What a great way to teach kids.
kelly

United States

#14 Oct 27, 2012
Brannan6701 wrote:
Where is your head at. You need to go reread or something this is not about winning or losing its about grown men lieing to a 9 year old. Now how respectful is that. What a great way to teach kids.
You can't control what your kids may or may not learn from others but you can control what they learn from you.

United States

#15 Oct 28, 2012
That is true but you can inform people what has happened so they can be prepared for it when it happens to their children. That is what im trying to do.
shocked

Jackson, OH

#16 Oct 28, 2012
I'm shocked that someone has the nerve to complain about a program ran by such a great man as Jim. He may not be in the best health, but he has plenty of help running the program. The boys absolutely love Jim, and look up to him. HOW DARE YOU come in to a program and start bashing it? I am sure your son plays with all his heart, and you are proud of him, as you should be. With that said, these coaches are taking the best of the best to this tournament. Showing up every day doesn't mean you are the best player, nor does having bruises. If you look at each boy, you will see they all have bruises! If you think his lack of being chosen now is tough, wait til he moves up to 7th & 8th grade ball and may be part of the 1st, 2nd or 3rd string kids. Then what? Will you bash Coach Potter? What about when he moves up on the hill, will Hall be your next one bashed? No one is feeling sorry for you. Instead you are making quite a name for yourself in this little town.

United States

#17 Oct 28, 2012
No i am not bashing anyone but stating what i feel is right. I do not care what string my boy is on i feel they will or should place him based on his ability however everyone is so worried about the program there overlooking what is happening. Coaches are not suppose to lie to the kids but treat them fairly and give them oppurtunties. Simple fact of all this was the lieing that is my only problem with this season. Do not tell someone more so a kid and then turn around and lie to them. No matter how you look at it, it is wrong. But i guess no one even cares about that
shocked

Jackson, OH

#18 Oct 28, 2012
Brannan6701 wrote:
No i am not bashing anyone but stating what i feel is right. I do not care what string my boy is on i feel they will or should place him based on his ability however everyone is so worried about the program there overlooking what is happening. Coaches are not suppose to lie to the kids but treat them fairly and give them oppurtunties. Simple fact of all this was the lieing that is my only problem with this season. Do not tell someone more so a kid and then turn around and lie to them. No matter how you look at it, it is wrong. But i guess no one even cares about that
I've read your posts and seems clear you are bashing the program, the coaches and anyone who doesn't side with you. Were YOU asked specifically if you would allow the kid to be a part of the state tournament team?

United States

#19 Oct 28, 2012
Yes the coach came up to the parents and talked to us about and we even talked to them after that and he told us the 4 will join up with the red and go for the tourments. It does not bother me hes not on the team it bothers me that my son looked forward to it just to be let down. I knew he may not get to play and this and that but he worked hard and was a starter for offense and defence at each game except for the first game. Coaches said how good he was and what not. I am very proud of him. We just do not understand why they said one thing and done another. When they brought it up they should have told us they gave to be picked. This was not told to us. They said all 4 th graders would go which was not true. I think they should be up front and honest and dont lead someone on. I do not lie to my son and i do not want others to do it. I know people does but its wrong i wouldnt think coaches would do that when kids looks up to them after all are we not role models for these kids.
get your facts straight

United States

#20 Oct 28, 2012
Brannan6701 wrote:
Yes the coach came up to the parents and talked to us about and we even talked to them after that and he told us the 4 will join up with the red and go for the tourments. It does not bother me hes not on the team it bothers me that my son looked forward to it just to be let down. I knew he may not get to play and this and that but he worked hard and was a starter for offense and defence at each game except for the first game. Coaches said how good he was and what not. I am very proud of him. We just do not understand why they said one thing and done another. When they brought it up they should have told us they gave to be picked. This was not told to us. They said all 4 th graders would go which was not true. I think they should be up front and honest and dont lead someone on. I do not lie to my son and i do not want others to do it. I know people does but its wrong i wouldnt think coaches would do that when kids looks up to them after all are we not role models for these kids.
All of us parents were told the same thing, not that our sons would go for sure but that the Jackson peewee program had been invited to join a championship tournament and the coaches would be combining both teams and that only 25 boys could be on the team (not coaches rules tournament rules) however the coaches did not specify which kids were chosen until this week so Mrs. Brannan I would love to know how you are the only parent who knew your child was supposedly on this team when none of us other parents did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is it ok for men to sleep around but women ... 12 min brit 2
Merdith Herlass 56 min DDZ 7
Starving horses 2 hr JeriB 79
shilo Roe (Jan '16) 3 hr Someone who cares 15
Bank Stiff 4 hr THE LRQ 1
Girls what favorite kind of porn 5 hr Reds 6
Kim Meadows back in jail again 6 hr Retired 17

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance