Ohio ACLU joins fight over Jackson Jesus painting

Jan 10, 2013 Full story: The Columbus Dispatch 78

The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio today added its voice in objection to a painting of Jesus displayed in a school in Jackson in southern Ohio.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bored much?

Jackson, OH

#1 Jan 10, 2013
It must be nice to have huge financial backers so you can sue the ones that don't. I'm going to call the ACLU & tell them I'm offended by blank walls and rain.
Waverly

Waverly, OH

#2 Jan 10, 2013

Earl Browder, the Communist Party general secretary of the United States, from 1930 through 1944. When the party was reconstituted as the Communist Political Association in 1944, nothing changed but the name!. This was done as a cover up, to avoid being associated with Stalin and the Communists. Later that year, Browder was chosen as the Communist Political Association's presidents. Browder proudly proclaimed that the ACLU functioned as "a transmission belt" for the party. When you consider this you can see that ACLU's continued involvement with Communist goals right up to the present day shows them the ACLU in a truer light

http://desertsunrise.net/Politically%20Correc...
Waverly

Waverly, OH

#3 Jan 10, 2013
The Scorpion and the Turtle

It seems that one-day a scorpion and a turtle were standing on the bank of a stream. Both needed to get across. Both were pondering their chances.

The scorpion suggested to the turtle that he ride on the turtle's back across the river. "From my perch, I could keep an eye out for logs and other debris that could smash into you…I'd be your early warning system."

"Yeah," said the weary turtle, "but you could also sting me to death."

"Well, that wouldn't make any sense," replied the scorpion, "it is in my self interest to keep you afloat." "I promise. I won't bite you."

The turtle considered that for a while, and then decided to carry the scorpion across. About mid-point in the stream, however, the scorpion stung the turtle right in the back of the neck.

In his dying gasp, the turtle asked, "why?"

The scorpion replied, "well, what can I tell you, you know I'm a scorpion, it's what I do."

I doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the analogy here. The turtle being the USA, and the scorpion being the ACLU. The ACLU will do just what a scorpion does, sting the USA to death, even if it results in It's own death.

Are we as a society going to let a small vocal subversive group sting us to death?
Waverly

Waverly, OH

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Waverly

Waverly, OH

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Jackson now has not one but 2 Communist organizations after them.
RRFR and the ACLU

You just thought you lived in a free America, the Commies have taken it over one step at a time.
Thomas

Jackson, OH

#6 Jan 10, 2013
The Jackson City School Board is using this for future votes in the days ahead. This Board knows that the picture will come down.
Just like all politicians they are bleeding the public and sitting back and telling everyone one thing and know the out turn in the end.
The Jackson City School Board is breaking the law and they will concede after they get all of you to fight for a cause they know is wrong and laugh all the way to the voting box. Past history of issues in this area is just the way this board rolls.
John Q Public

Jackson, OH

#7 Jan 10, 2013
With over 500 ppl at the board eetingr, you would think that at least one lawyer would step up and say 'I will represent the district pro bono.'. However, I have not heard that, and I do not want MY tax dollars being used to fight a battle over an unconstitutional picture that could run into the tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of dollars.
John Q Public

Jackson, OH

#8 Jan 10, 2013
'meeting
Joey

United States

#9 Jan 10, 2013
John Q Public wrote:
'meeting
I'd rather my tax dollars be spent for this than on a free phone
barb

Jackson, OH

#10 Jan 10, 2013
The teaching staff has went without raises and positions have been cut. We cannot afford to spend money on a case, especially one we can't win against ACLU. We need to leave what funding we have, in our school system.
freedom fighter

Jackson, OH

#11 Jan 10, 2013
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather my tax dollars be spent for this than on a free phone
I just donated $100 to the ACLU in Columbus.
BYE BYE JESUS PICTURE!
Hello reality!
I fully realize the outside world must think all people in Jackson must be a bunch of inbred, retarded, hillbilly's now for sure. But there are many enlightened folks around this area that are sick of these hate filled, creepy christians and all their full of crap agendas.

<big grin>

BTW-- Jesus would have been Black or Arab or both "IF" he had really existed. So the picture don't even honestly represent what this imaginary figure would have actually looked like.
But these "good christian rednecks" would have a cow if they had to pray to a black or arab guy.
How holy and full of love is that?
Waverly

Waverly, OH

#12 Jan 10, 2013
The Commies need all the money you can send them.They take peoples money and laugh their a@@ off all the way to the ban. Their paychecks depend on idiots to support them. We should all have it so good with someone paying our way in life. They are much worse than the welfare cheats we have.
Waverly

Waverly, OH

#13 Jan 10, 2013
barb wrote:
The teaching staff has went without raises and positions have been cut. We cannot afford to spend money on a case, especially one we can't win against ACLU. We need to leave what funding we have, in our school system.
What if the school wins. You know the Communist don't win every case. and there are organizations to help with the defense too that pay for frivolous cases the Communist brings to court.
Waverly

Waverly, OH

#14 Jan 10, 2013
If any of you reading this know a member of the school board please advise them of this site for help with any legal representation they might need.

http://www.becketfund.org/
Joey

United States

#15 Jan 10, 2013
freedom fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
I just donated $100 to the ACLU in Columbus.
BYE BYE JESUS PICTURE!
Hello reality!
I fully realize the outside world must think all people in Jackson must be a bunch of inbred, retarded, hillbilly's now for sure. But there are many enlightened folks around this area that are sick of these hate filled, creepy christians and all their full of crap agendas.
<big grin>
BTW-- Jesus would have been Black or Arab or both "IF" he had really existed. So the picture don't even honestly represent what this imaginary figure would have actually looked like.
But these "good christian rednecks" would have a cow if they had to pray to a black or arab guy.
How holy and full of love is that?
A fool and their money soon part.
Waverly

Waverly, OH

#16 Jan 10, 2013
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
A fool and their money soon part.
Right, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.Hell I will take donations if they want to burn their money. How bout you? LOL
Dont tread on me

Waverly, OH

#18 Jan 11, 2013
Waverly wrote:
<quoted text>What if the school wins. You know the Communist don't win every case. and there are organizations to help with the defense too that pay for frivolous cases the Communist brings to court.
The FFRF doesn't win all of their court cases either. They just lost a nation day of prayer suit where it was judged that no physical harm was being done to any one person. And that it was determined MOOT BECAUSE OF PASSING OF TIME. And the ACLU isn't as scary as they make themselves out to be.
Waverly

Waverly, OH

#19 Jan 11, 2013
True. They don't win them all.
Especially when they try to tell the Government what to do. LOL
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#21 Jan 14, 2013
I see, because the ACLU once had some people in it that temporarily thought they were commies (and later recovered) some decades ago - means that we shouldn't enforce the establishment clause.

Somewhere there is a logical disconnect. I wonder if a helpful fundamentalist idiot could point it out for me?
Food 4 Thought

West Union, OH

#22 Jan 14, 2013
If the baby of Muslim parents dies, does the baby

1. sit next to Jesus until a Christian baby shows up
2. sit in the back and holla at Jesus
3. go to hell with the Hindu, Sikh and Muslim babies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristin Strickland (Dec '13) 8 hr Really 10
moore twins 8 hr hmmmm 1
Anthony Fillinger (Feb '11) 9 hr hawk 10
scott huddleston woman beater!! 9 hr jamahl 8
aep 13 hr Curious 5
can't think of her last name 17 hr . 3
Marie Laveau's Bar & Grill/Corner Bistro? (Jun '11) Thu curious 84
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web