ty

United States

#1 Feb 17, 2013
4 year old boy walks 1/2 from north high st to west main street at 9:12 p.m. What in the world. How did this happen?
what

Oak Hill, OH

#2 Feb 17, 2013
ty wrote:
4 year old boy walks 1/2 from north high st to west main street at 9:12 p.m. hat in the world. How did this happen?
Wtf are you talking about?
Huh

Jackson, OH

#3 Feb 17, 2013
Huh?
what

Oak Hill, OH

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Huh wrote:
Huh?
that's what I'm saying Idk Wtf he's talking about what I wanna know is why he is so interested in a 4 year old boy
woahhh

Dublin, OH

#5 Feb 17, 2013
It was in the newspaper about a four yr old boy that got out of this house and walked many blocks really late at night and when the police found the boy the mom didnt even know he had got out of the house! So sad PoS parents these days
Whaa whaaa whaaaa

Jackson, OH

#6 Feb 17, 2013
woahhh wrote:
It was in the newspaper about a four yr old boy that got out of this house and walked many blocks really late at night and when the police found the boy the mom didnt even know he had got out of the house! So sad PoS parents these days
That doesn't automatically mean they are a pos parent! I don't know the facts but maybe since it was really late they had put the kid to bed and went to bed themselves. Then the kid could have gotten up and unlocked the door and got out. Like I said I don't know what happened so I wouldn't presume to judge until I knew! Kids are very resourceful and a four year old is capable of opening a locked door. I had to put in new locks because my son could get out of ours and I consider myself to be a good momma.
Kandi

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Feb 17, 2013
My son used to be able to get out also. Doesn't mean bad parenting, just resourceful children. I ended up having to put padlocks on the doors and screws in the windows to keep my 3 year old in.... He would wait til he knew I was asleep to go visit the neighbors. Had to call 911 one rainy night because we were watching a movie and I fell asleep about 930. I woke up at 10 and he was gone. Luckily, the police were very nice. After a 30 minute search they found him at a neighbors and returned him. It was awful thinking what could have happened. But, it was no my fault and could have happened to ANY parent. So don't judge....
type

Dublin, OH

#8 Feb 17, 2013
Kandi wrote:
My son used to be able to get out also. Doesn't mean bad parenting, just resourceful children. I ended up having to put padlocks on the doors and screws in the windows to keep my 3 year old in.... He would wait til he knew I was asleep to go visit the neighbors. Had to call 911 one rainy night because we were watching a movie and I fell asleep about 930. I woke up at 10 and he was gone. Luckily, the police were very nice. After a 30 minute search they found him at a neighbors and returned him. It was awful thinking what could have happened. But, it was no my fault and could have happened to ANY parent. So don't judge....
Sounds like you all r bad parents then losers!
Facts

Jackson, OH

#9 Feb 17, 2013
Whaa whaaa whaaaa wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't automatically mean they are a pos parent! I don't know the facts but maybe since it was really late they had put the kid to bed and went to bed themselves. Then the kid could have gotten up and unlocked the door and got out. Like I said I don't know what happened so I wouldn't presume to judge until I knew! Kids are very resourceful and a four year old is capable of opening a locked door. I had to put in new locks because my son could get out of ours and I consider myself to be a good momma.
I have a 4 year old myself. Luckily that has never happened to be but my child could very easily do that. He knows how to unlock the doors and get out. He sleeps by himself. Every situation is not bad parenting. The one posted on here could be but where's the details? In my case if that was to happen it wouldn't be bad parenting, it would be I'm not going to duct tape my child to his bed and can only pray he never does anything like that!
Your child is a loser

Jackson, OH

#10 Feb 17, 2013
type wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you all r bad parents then losers!
Sounds like you don't know what the fuc k you are talking about, moron. Nobody gives a flying fuc k what you think. Maybe you just have a retarded child that can't wipe their as*, let alone open a door!!!!! Lmao. Things happen to the most diligent of parents. You turn your head, make a cuppy, lunch for your kids, and so on!!! You can't keep your eye on them every single second. I'm not defending the parents of this four your old because I don't know the details but I'll be damned if I'm a bad parent! I give my children 110% every day and I still wish I was better!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#11 Feb 17, 2013
I know this family personally and the child's mother and father are separated. The boy was with his father an got out and was trying to find his moms house. This is how people get there children taken, because of idiotic people telling stories they know nothing about.
Jen

Jackson, OH

#12 Feb 17, 2013
Justin Sparks wrote:
I know this family personally and the child's mother and father are separated. The boy was with his father an got out and was trying to find his moms house. This is how people get there children taken, because of idiotic people telling stories they know nothing about.
Exactly!!!! It can happen to the best of parents. So sad people have nothing better to do than judge people. I'm glad the little guy is ok and I bet the dad is beating himself up about this, he doesn't need people being stupid
muly

United States

#13 Feb 18, 2013
Yes I read about that. I truly feel sorry for the child.
it happens

Cleveland, OH

#14 Feb 18, 2013
I was always judgmental when reading about kids getting out. Yes some might be a result of poor parenting. but although its never happened to me, my one year old can open doors. we had to put special locks in for him because he is only one capable of opening doors. He is great at walking. So even at his age I can see this happen if my eyes are off of him for two minutes .

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#15 Feb 18, 2013
So if this kid knowingly gets out of the house because he is old enough to open doors and the parents don't do something to try and stop it, isn't that bad parenting? Case closed.
it happens

Cleveland, OH

#16 Feb 18, 2013
You don't know the circumstances. could be bad parenting yes. also could be an older sibling leaving the door unlocked or not shut all the way. Anything is possible. Would be nice to think it was a complete accident. like I said, we had special locks installed because of my one year old. but even with that my older child rushes and forgets to lock all the locks. but some parents are ignorant and ignores the situation. so it just depends on what really happened.
Sad

Jackson, OH

#17 Feb 18, 2013
You are not supposed to use padlocks on your doors-if there is a fire you cannot quickly get out and help cannot get in. Please be careful when adding additional locks for your doors!
aok

United States

#18 Feb 18, 2013
They didnt say padlocks
Sad

Jackson, OH

#19 Feb 18, 2013
Another poster mentioned using them in her home (not trying to be mean, I Just wanted to educate in case others didn't know that this can be a safety hazard).
it happens

Cleveland, OH

#20 Feb 18, 2013
Thank you for your concern. I do appreciate it. I am aware of the safety issue. I definitely didn't use a padlock. But it is great you posted that because some people might not know of the dangers involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
income tax, round 3 1 hr rl4 76
Cord cutting 1 hr Andy G 1
West' s house 1 hr Tommy 12
fultz (Dec '12) 2 hr Bill more 7
Walmart 2 hr YMBD 3
Days Inn 3 hr Me to 5
childrens levy 3 hr Ann 3
Jackson Post Office? WTF 4 hr YMBD 23

Jackson Jobs

Personal Finance