Picture of Jesus Christ

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Jackson, OH

#1 Feb 8, 2013
Please let me say i am not posting this to start a war.And i am not ASKING NO ONE to believe or not believe.But i am curious to see if their is anyone who can speak the truth or has the guts on, who was the parents and student who started this?This seems such a cowards way.The names are being with held.And i am curious.Its not like its not coming out.Its not like this portrait was just recently placed there.The way the world is,i do believe we better be more concerned the mess America is in or even Jackson County itself than a picture.Do i believe in God and his son.ABOLUTELY.But thats my opinion.Only mine.Again i stress i am not asking no one to believe or not.But if one waste their time over a picture and their life is so boring.Then have the guts to post who you are.After all,WHO CAN SAY THIS IS JESUS?.For no man has seen him.I know he is real as i have a personal relationship with him.But thats just me and i speak that only for myself...Expecting nasty comments and that is ok to,that is your right.But again i will say such cowards not to want your name mention.I mean it is news.Not just gossip.All have a good day!!
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Feb 8, 2013
I am sure they want their names withheld, just in case some Jesus loving 'Christians" decided to show their love by burning a cross in their yard.

The Establishment clause of the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States applies to Jackson, whether anyone likes it or not.
Guts

Jackson, OH

#3 Feb 8, 2013
People it is never to late to right a wrong in United States of America. The Jackson Middle School is a Public School. No religious pictures should never have been allowed in the school.

Guts is a word you used in your post. You have no more rights than the people who have filed a claim. You need to pose your arguments with the proper courts. You will lose this case in the United States Of America.

No nasty comments is what you expect your words.

Thank God in 2013 the wrong will be right in a public school soon.

I like the picture but there is a place for it not in public schools.
Just curious

Jackson, OH

#4 Feb 8, 2013
What I don't understand is the wording of the lawsuit, it states that the plaintiffs are forced to look at this picture every time they enter the building, that it is in a prominent place. And that their children are forced to see it everyday when they enter the school. First of all you only see it if you look up while LEAVING the building. Second, the children do not use that entrance during regular school days. This school like so many others are safety sealed, the only entrance during school hours are almost on the opposite side of the building.I'm not saying I'm for or against the painting, just curious about the wording on the lawsuit.
Curious

Jackson, OH

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Guts wrote:
People it is never to late to right a wrong in United States of America. The Jackson Middle School is a Public School. No religious pictures should never have been allowed in the school.
Guts is a word you used in your post. You have no more rights than the people who have filed a claim. You need to pose your arguments with the proper courts. You will lose this case in the United States Of America.
To each their own.
Faithful

Chillicothe, OH

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess. If you are forced to you will not like the outcome.
HOPEFUL IN OHIO

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Let it be! If taken down then we should also take out all books, songs etc from the shelves. We should all sit in our homes with doors locked and never be subject to anything that anybody feels that is "forced" among them. You don't have to see the picture or read the book or hear the words in a song. Ban it all. Take everything we ever had and burn it, destroy it so that we not "forced to look at it or hear it. If the law was set after the 1940s then I believe the painting should stay. Taking it down because one student and two parents is ridiculous. I hope with all I have that it stays put. I hope Jackson school board will stand their ground and not let it be removed. To file a law suit is wrong on anybody or thing just because they don't like what they see or hear. Just another thing to try and get money and use our tax dollars etc.
who

United States

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Strel wrote:
I am sure they want their names withheld, just in case some Jesus loving 'Christians" decided to show their love by burning a cross in their yard.

The Establishment clause of the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States applies to Jackson, whether anyone likes it or not.
The establishment clause simply says the govt cant promote one religion over another. If they put the picture is a case representing the group that donated it with other donations, no law would be broken.
Free

Ashland, KY

#9 Feb 12, 2013
WHAT HAS THIS NATION COME TO, TAKING AWAY THE PLEDGE. TAKING AWAY STUDENT PRAYER WHICH IF LED BY STUDENTS IS NOT A PUBLIC ISTITUTION. IM 18 OUR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS HAD PRAYER IN SCHOOL AND THERE WAS WAY LESS SCHOOL SHOOTINGS! HINT HINT COME ON OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! AMERICA NEEDS TO GET BACK TOO ITS ROOTS! This determined that a law was constitutional if it:
1.Had a secular purpose
2.Neither advanced nor inhibited religion
3.Did not foster an excessive government entanglement with religion

THE PICTURE IS GREAT WHERE IT IS ITS HISTORY OF JMS
I MEAN OUR PARENTS WENTR THROUGH SCHOOL WITH PRAYER AND SAYING THE PLEDGE DID IT HURT THEM NO!!
KEEP THE PICTURE WHERE IT IS!!!!!!!

“Religious Liberty shall be interpreted to include freedom to worship according to conscience and to bring up children in the faith of their parents; freedom for the individual to change his religion; freedom to preach, EDUCATE , publish and carry on missionary activities; and freedom to organize with others, and to acquire and hold property, for these purposes.”
Free

Ashland, KY

#10 Feb 12, 2013
Guts wrote:
AND YOUR THINKING GOD JUST REMEMBER ITS ONE NATION UNDER GOD
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Free wrote:
<quoted text>
And Gods name is Allah.
Honestly

Gallipolis, OH

#12 Feb 13, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>And Gods name is Allah.
Or Elohim. One of the judeo Christian gods of war who is featured in the Old Testament.
Also could be Yahweh. Dude had an identity crisis. Then he decided to be the yeshua dude who everyone with an accent called jesus. I guess he decided to go with that.
Honestly

Gallipolis, OH

#13 Feb 13, 2013
Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Only since 1954.
Honestly

Gallipolis, OH

#14 Feb 13, 2013
Free wrote:
WHAT HAS THIS NATION COME TO, TAKING AWAY THE PLEDGE. TAKING AWAY STUDENT PRAYER WHICH IF LED BY STUDENTS IS NOT A PUBLIC ISTITUTION. IM 18 OUR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS HAD PRAYER IN SCHOOL AND THERE WAS WAY LESS SCHOOL SHOOTINGS! HINT HINT COME ON OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! AMERICA NEEDS TO GET BACK TOO ITS ROOTS! This determined that a law was constitutional if it:
1.Had a secular purpose
2.Neither advanced nor inhibited religion
3.Did not foster an excessive government entanglement with religion
THE PICTURE IS GREAT WHERE IT IS ITS HISTORY OF JMS
I MEAN OUR PARENTS WENTR THROUGH SCHOOL WITH PRAYER AND SAYING THE PLEDGE DID IT HURT THEM NO!!
KEEP THE PICTURE WHERE IT IS!!!!!!!
“Religious Liberty shall be interpreted to include freedom to worship according to conscience and to bring up children in the faith of their parents; freedom for the individual to change his religion; freedom to preach, EDUCATE , publish and carry on missionary activities; and freedom to organize with others, and to acquire and hold property, for these purposes.”
Actually there were just as many mass shootings.
In fact for every school shooting there are 7 church shootings.
I will agree that America does need to get back to its roots. The secular and deistic roots that our founding fathers wanted.
Sure prayer and a pledge doesn't physically or emotionally cripple somebody but the ideas behind those can hurt others.
People are deluded into thinking that America is favored by god and that our soldiers won't go to hell because we're the righteous ones of the world. People are deluded into thinking that god hates homosexuals because of a few lines in an old book from times when people were 95% illiterate and those who weren't of nobility couldn't even see a bible. The verse even translates more into it being a property crime considering women were considered property of their husband since upon marriage the husband took possession of her and her servants.
Educate yourself.
Curious

Jackson, OH

#15 Feb 14, 2013
Faithful wrote:
Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess. If you are forced to you will not like the outcome.
Amen.That is a given!!!!
who

Jackson, OH

#16 Feb 14, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>Actually there were just as many mass shootings.
In fact for every school shooting there are 7 church shootings.
I will agree that America does need to get back to its roots. The secular and deistic roots that our founding fathers wanted.
Sure prayer and a pledge doesn't physically or emotionally cripple somebody but the ideas behind those can hurt others.
People are deluded into thinking that America is favored by god and that our soldiers won't go to hell because we're the righteous ones of the world. People are deluded into thinking that god hates homosexuals because of a few lines in an old book from times when people were 95% illiterate and those who weren't of nobility couldn't even see a bible. The verse even translates more into it being a property crime considering women were considered property of their husband since upon marriage the husband took possession of her and her servants.
Educate yourself.
Educate yourself! The founding fathers left Europe because of government imposed religion. Most of the founding fathers weren't christians. Read some of the actual letters in the library of congress. Most believed in some form of higher power but not the god we think of. Most attended church, but wouldn't join them, they did not want to be controlled by the church. This countries roots weren't based on religious roots. It was based on freedom from religion!
Pre-History

Marion, OH

#17 Feb 14, 2013
Your School Board is living in a fools Paradise,leaving itself open to litigations that could run wel oer 7 figures,over an artists depiction of someone who may or may not have existed.
NonJacksonRessta rted it

United States

#18 Feb 14, 2013
Curious wrote:
Please let me say i am not posting this to start a war.And i am not ASKING NO ONE to believe or not believe.But i am curious to see if their is anyone who can speak the truth or has the guts on, who was the parents and student who started this?This seems such a cowards way.The names are being with held.And i am curious.Its not like its not coming out.Its not like this portrait was just recently placed there.The way the world is,i do believe we better be more concerned the mess America is in or even Jackson County itself than a picture.Do i believe in God and his son.ABOLUTELY.But thats my opinion.Only mine.Again i stress i am not asking no one to believe or not.But if one waste their time over a picture and their life is so boring.Then have the guts to post who you are.After all,WHO CAN SAY THIS IS JESUS?.For no man has seen him.I know he is real as i have a personal relationship with him.But thats just me and i speak that only for myself...Expecting nasty comments and that is ok to,that is your right.But again i will say such cowards not to want your name mention.I mean it is news.Not just gossip.All have a good day!!
Apparently a manager at Dakota's who is not a Jackson Co. resident is bragging & taking credit for reporting this to the FFR org. He saw it when attending his nephew's CHRISTmas pageant. Who know's if it's true but makes me not want to support Dakota's but there's a lot of good people employed there that we need to work so idk... It's definitely not something to brag about.
NonJacksonRessta rted it

United States

#19 Feb 14, 2013
NonJacksonResstarted it wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently a manager at Dakota's who is not a Jackson Co. resident is bragging & taking credit for reporting this to the FFR org. He saw it when attending his nephew's CHRISTmas pageant. Who know's if it's true but makes me not want to support Dakota's but there's a lot of good people employed there that we need to work so idk... It's definitely not something to brag about.
*good people that need work
welcome welcome

Jackson, OH

#20 Feb 14, 2013
NonJacksonResstarted it wrote:
<quoted text>
That is great that is why I am proud to live in America. Who ever it was that is not the point everyone is equal and have rights the small minded people in Jackson do not think so. Jackson is not a good place to live they still live in the mind set that some people are still better than others. Go Dakota's Manager or who ever it was always remember you have rights that is the main thing so never let anyone silence you or your families. I love Dakota's good food and great people work there!! I do not think that I recall the manager however he is doing a great job. Welcome to Jackson County if you are from out of town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scott puckett 1 hr Bennit 9
Trey 2 hr CrazyPeopleEC 11
Jackson high school heroin overdose???? (Dec '16) 3 hr Boobs 43
Girls do you masterbate (Mar '17) 5 hr Just sayn 28
The disgusting ppl in Jackson 6 hr Big chew 3
Anytime Fitness 6 hr ethan 11
Burger king (May '17) 6 hr Iknow 19
2 Dead people 13 hr Just being nosey 7

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web