big picture

Jackson, OH

#82 Oct 5, 2012
Are any of you even on the fire department ? I mean you all seam to know so much about what goes on

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
big picture

Jackson, OH

#83 Oct 5, 2012
Are any of you even on the fire department ? You all seam to know so much bout what goes on

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
"war hero"

Columbus, OH

#84 Oct 6, 2012
I see all these comments about him being this big war hero...... Ask urself a question, does him being a war hero have anything to do with running a fire dept? Noone is tryin to take away his status of "war hero" but obviously somethin isnt right in the chain of fire depts if this guy that everyone appearently loves so much got put on leave

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Firefighter wife

Chicago, IL

#85 Oct 7, 2012
You all are asking what he has done and no one has said. So I will tell you!
A coalton firefighter happened to be near a scene that Jackson was called to. Being a firefighter he checked it out to make sure everyone was safe. When JFD arrived, this firefighter approached Doug and said that he checked on things and everything seemed to be ok, you know, just to be helpful. Instead of telling the firefighter thank you, he started screaming at him asking him who the F*** he thought he was and to get off his fire scene.
Jackson got called to a possible structure fire on Clay Banner Rd, which is almost to Oak Hill. When 4 firefighter responded, they got in the truck and headed that way, like they always do. Doug was mad that he didn't make truck and refused to send them back up.
Doug has called the police dept to tell at them for canceling the fire dept when they were not needed.
He has screamed and cussed out random people on the fire dept for differences of opinion.
He has screamed at the mayor and safety director for not agreeing with him.
These are just the basic simple complaints! Also, for everyone's info, Randy Health did not want to put him on leave, but with all the complaints, he was forced to. No one wants his job, except maybe Kida, but no one pays attention to her.
You have to look passed the war hero status! Yes, we are all very greatful for everything he has done for this country. I couldn't imagine what he and his family went through. But if you have been around him, you will notice changes that have called to question his ability to handle his job as fire chief. You cannot have a brain injury like that and expect him to be perfectly normal like before, and we aren't expecting him to be. But those who are mad about the city's decision, when he gets a firefighter killed, are you going to come and explain to my family why my husband is no longer here to help raise our children?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Firefighter wife

Chicago, IL

#86 Oct 7, 2012
DR wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I would not depend on them. Too many bosses, everyone wants to be in charge.
Just so you know, no one, except Kida Newell has ever expressed wanting Doug's job.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Wellston, OH

#87 Oct 7, 2012
big picture wrote:
Are any of you even on the fire department ? You all seam to know so much bout what goes on
More is known that what you realize

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
doug

Wellston, OH

#88 Oct 8, 2012
you can not tell me that kida is the only one wants dougs job it is all david channell idea david would pay money to be able to play in those big red firetrucks and be big chief

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
my opinion

Jackson, OH

#89 Oct 8, 2012
But yet the military and private doctors all released Doug saying he is ok? I'm sorry I find it all too fishy to me. Not once has any of this ever been mentioned. I don't think anyone should be put in arms way but I also do
Not feel a witch hunt should be done either. First it's saying that Doug forgot to run equipment, now it's he's being mean to others, basically a cry that be don't play we'll with others. I know some involved and they are fire fighters not one ever heard of some that you say. To me it's gonna come down to who says what but who has proof.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Wellston, OH

#90 Oct 8, 2012
my opinion wrote:
But yet the military and private doctors all released Doug saying he is ok? I'm sorry I find it all too fishy to me. Not once has any of this ever been mentioned. I don't think anyone should be put in arms way but I also do
Not feel a witch hunt should be done either. First it's saying that Doug forgot to run equipment, now it's he's being mean to others, basically a cry that be don't play we'll with others. I know some involved and they are fire fighters not one ever heard of some that you say. To me it's gonna come down to who says what but who has proof.
I AGREE !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
abc

Amanda, OH

#91 Oct 11, 2012
If Firefighters Wife's claims are true then all one has to do is look at the symptoms of PTSD, which goes hand in hand with Traumatic Brain Injury. Even tho I cannot stand the sight or sound of Heath/Sheward, I think that maybe they are in the right by asking him to take a test OUTSIDE of the VA....it's not like the Military has a gleaming record on the way vets are treated. TBI and PTSD are 2 very real problems facing our troops that have been in combat and when 18-20 vets are taking their lives everyday in this country its time someone step up and do something about it.
Guess all we can do now is wait and see what comes of it......
abc

Amanda, OH

#92 Oct 11, 2012
And Mrs. Reed shouldn't have been so praising of Mr. Heath last yr when she bad mouthed John Peters in the local paper. Looks like her negativity came back to slap her in the face.
tym

Brooklyn, NY

#93 Oct 11, 2012
All I have to say is quit calling out Kathy sheward!!!
abc

Amanda, OH

#95 Oct 12, 2012
Clueless and funny, huh? You people are what's wrong with society and why so many vets are left homeless and without the help they need. Keep on ignoring what's right in front of you. Not 1 word I said was a lie and it is far from funny...but this is jackson county, so it's not like I should expect more.
yelling

Jackson, OH

#96 Oct 13, 2012
He is going off on civilians too. Buds gives firefighters and officers free coffee for their service. They tried to give him one. He started yelling that je didnt need their charity. He was screaming. Didnt want their f-in charity. Thats not the actions of a healthy man
bill bocook -

Wellston, OH

#97 Oct 15, 2012
outside the city ff wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes dave does want Mr Reeds job,he has for more then a yr..dave is a pease of dog sh** and i hope this comes back to bite him in the a**.....and for mr reed i hope he brakes the city
i thank doug reed and his wife are pices of s--t and his wife likes to be in the spot lite, i think the people of jackson should wise up and let him go, the military will take care of him the rest of there lives plus he needs to grow up and quit running too his wife and crying everytime something dont go his way! lol. he is responiable for his own actions plus they have drained the people of jackson enough!i call them the sponging reed family.
bill bocook -

Wellston, OH

#98 Oct 15, 2012
i think doug and his ediot wife are both pices of s--t and she likes being in the spot lite,the military will take care of him the rest of there lives, plus the people needs to wise up and quit donating things to them ,he needs to quit running to his wife and crying,he should grow up and be responsible for his actions!enough is enough with these people, where did the come from any way? i think they should go back there unless they drained them of all thier money too,i havent heard of anyone praising them where ever they come from! so i call them the sponge reed family,lol. they are some dumb a-- family.......
bill bocook -

Wellston, OH

#99 Oct 15, 2012
I ALSO THINK WHOEVER THIS KATHY, DAVID, AND KIDA
PEOPLE ARE IF THEY WANTED DOUG REEDS JOB THEY COULD HAVE IT IF THEY WANTED IT, SO DONT BE TO QUICK TOO JUDGE THIS WHOLE THING UNTIL YOU KNOW THE REAL TRUTH.

Wellston, OH

#100 Oct 15, 2012
bill bocook - wrote:
i think doug and his ediot wife are both pices of s--t and she likes being in the spot lite,the military will take care of him the rest of there lives, plus the people needs to wise up and quit donating things to them ,he needs to quit running to his wife and crying,he should grow up and be responsible for his actions!enough is enough with these people, where did the come from any way? i think they should go back there unless they drained them of all thier money too,i havent heard of anyone praising them where ever they come from! so i call them the sponge reed family,lol. they are some dumb a-- family.......
YOU ARE ONE SICK JEALOUS THOUGHTLESS BASTARD !
abby

Brooklyn, NY

#101 Oct 15, 2012
bill bocook - wrote:
You need to learn about grammar and basic sentence structure. It's atrocious!
bill bocook -

Wellston, OH

#102 Oct 15, 2012
no i think doug but face reed is! plus you must be one of his dumb a-family!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jackson County Fire Ruled as Arson 25 min duh 11
carla camp 30 min wait what? 5
jen bowden 1 hr dakota 2
Sheila Perkins 2 hr Tony 10
Jackson family Apartment complex 10 hr Dustin 19
Mills pride management 12 hr gary 6
New and looking 19 hr Older man 4
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE