just crazy

Portsmouth, OH

#41 Oct 26, 2009
Dottie wrote:
I'm glad they caught Mrs.Evans,husband for hiring those others to kill her.I truely hope they give him the death penalty,and eye for and eye.But they probable will not do much,others have walked away and never had to pay for the crimes that they committed.It was said on the late show before if you want to get away with murder move to Jackson,Ohio.We are becoming a laughing stock of America.Don't let them walk this time.
i was told he sais it about scioto countyI dont think he said it at all but read the portsmouth post about chris hutcinson and you'll find we're all in same drug, crime and corrupt sinking boat
Dena Conway

Saint Petersburg, FL

#42 Nov 6, 2009
Paula D wrote:
I just want to say I am ashamed of any and all of the people involved in Mrs.Carol Evans MURDER. I know her grand kids, I went to school with them, and I personally hope who ever you are you are more and more feeling guilty of what you have done! Let God be with you!!
I recently went to Toledo this past weekend for a tournament, I had to listen to peoples thoughts and opinion when they said "are you from Jackson Ohio the murdering county?" Our little city called Jackson is being turned into a laughing stock, and I personally do not like it at all.
I have lived here in Jackson Ohio for over 20 years and I cant trust anyone, cause you dont know who you can trust. Locking your doors isent an option either because it is breaking and entering when they do that also and never seem to find the people who do that the breaking a window or prying the door open.
I know I can trust in my family though because we have a bond that is stronger with God, that no one can break. What about the kids in our community, wonder what kinds of things are running through their heads about this.
it is totally sad about the way she died but at least I can say she is in a better place.
Her children and grandchildren are in my prayers...
Rest in peace Mrs.Carol Evans
Hi, this is a terrible thing to happen in Ohio. I was born there and visited Jackson often. Matter of fact-have been searching for Elizabeth Figlestahler and her family.?? dena
Reaper

AOL

#43 Nov 15, 2009
My dad told me that several years on Dave Letterman's show he said "If you want to get away with murder go to Jackson, Ohio" I don't know how many murders there have been here all I know is most of them are unsolved. Most of them no one is very familiar with because we see it in the paper then it gets swept under the rug. I do know a little more about Wilma Simpson's murder than most probably do. It was rumored she kept a book of names of the big players in Jackson's drug trade. She was tied up in such a way that if she struggled she basically was strangling herself (not something just anyone knows how to do unless they already knew how...say military training). The sheriff at the time was Edgar "Butch" Hayburn (now the mayor of Wellston) who invited a bunch of his buddies to the crime scene where they tromped around contaminating the crime scene and destroying evidence (As a sheriff I think he should know better...unless of course the whole point was to destroy as much evidence as possible). The evidence they did have was somehow "lost" during Mr. Hayburn's term as sheriff (how convienient). I don't think this was one person but several...Hayburn probably played a part in it. One man pulling the strings with many local politicians and key figures in his pocket all acting together

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#44 Nov 15, 2009
Yes, Jackson has earned a reputation for letting people get away with murder. Not so much unsolved as they are unpunished. But really people....do you think Jackson Ohio is so important that it would be mentioned on Letterman, Leno, or any prime time national telecast? This was one thing that was said to someone years ago and got repeated and is now an urban myth.
Bubba, down at the gas station, said it to Earl but that doesn't make it real.
The reputation that Jackson has is known to the people of Jackson...maybe even Jackson county...but that is about it.
Reaper

AOL

#45 Nov 15, 2009
Why is that so unbelievable? Just because it's a small town doesn't mean it hasn't or won't get national attention. Letterman and Leno are always making fun of podunk towns across America. The Carol Evans murder made headlines in most major papers across the country...even major papers in Canada and England. I know because I googled "Carol Evans murder" soon after it happened and the links to the newspaper sites came up. Even Fox news, ABC, and MSNBC have the sory on their site.
fedupej

United States

#46 Nov 16, 2009
I do not live in Jackson, but can relate to all of this. I am close by and my own community seems to be falling apart. It all has come down to drugs! The things people will do for them is unbelievable, but I have faith God will turn things around one day. As long as people stick together and fight against the wrong then one step at a time is being taken to better our communities. Sometimes it seems so heartbreaking. There are people I once loved and adored that I no longer associate with because their lives have turned to crime for the stupidity of getting high. There were times that I tried to help people clean up, but sometimes you can't help people who don't want to help themselves and that was a hard lesson I learned! Now I do my part by raising my children as positively as I can. As we do this we are also cleaning up our world by making better women and men for the future...
Real Beebop

Atlanta, GA

#47 Dec 24, 2009
Mary Kay LaDonta murder around 1990 broad daylight in a crowded appartment complex Huron Street, Yes Wilma Simpson, Wilson Bond, and a few others...
To really see how this all happened you need to begin looking back to the 1970's...see the money flow/power chain at the time. Thirty years later a faction of those around are still in power. When a "one horse" town has someone or a select few control the media anything is possible. A lot can be swept under the rug. It takes a strong person to go up against those in power or shall i say a dumb person. Keep talking about these unsolved murders and just maybe the lights will get turned on
Ginger Denney

Jackson, OH

#48 Jan 11, 2010
It's hard for me to even still live in this town when I know the Person(s) who did that to my dad is still walking the streets and living their lives. I totally agree when and if theyever do solve his case, and the others, someone should be put to death. My dad had a hard life and was a very sick man and he would have given them whatever they would have wanted, they never had to do that, and for my grandpa to have to find his son like that still gives me nightmares....how do you get over something like that? I'm not a spiteful person but I hope whom ever caused his death pays in a bad way. Atleast maybe then myself and all his family and friends can rest again.
Beth ann

United States

#49 Jan 11, 2010
what about jackson newest murder i dont think anything has been said but it was down by tabacco store yesterday
Beth ann

United States

#50 Jan 11, 2010
has anyone heard about this
Ashamed in Ohio

Logan, OH

#51 Jan 12, 2010
The people that were #1 suspects in your dads case, had a serious drug problem. All fingers pointed to the couple, and they are getting away murder. The couple happens to be one of the biggest deals in this town, and several years at they are still out doing dirty deeds, and getting by with it. I am so sorry for what happened to your father, no one deserves that in life. I hope soon you can have peace of mind, and who ever was responsable pays there price as well.
Ginger Denney wrote:
It's hard for me to even still live in this town when I know the Person(s) who did that to my dad is still walking the streets and living their lives. I totally agree when and if theyever do solve his case, and the others, someone should be put to death. My dad had a hard life and was a very sick man and he would have given them whatever they would have wanted, they never had to do that, and for my grandpa to have to find his son like that still gives me nightmares....how do you get over something like that? I'm not a spiteful person but I hope whom ever caused his death pays in a bad way. Atleast maybe then myself and all his family and friends can rest again.
sandi

Ravenna, OH

#52 Jan 13, 2010
well dave evans is getting his day in court. anything going to be done. carol was my principal 40 years ago and we bonded to gether she was a great person and always willing to lend a helping hand i can still see the smile on her face. let justice be done. do unto others as they would do unto you god bless her grandchildren and family
sandi

Ravenna, OH

#53 Jan 13, 2010
Beth ann wrote:
what about jackson newest murder i dont think anything has been said but it was down by tabacco store yesterday
there have been so many unsolved murders who will ever do anything about them who will be next

Location hidden

#54 Jan 13, 2010
sandi wrote:
well dave evans is getting his day in court. anything going to be done. carol was my principal 40 years ago and we bonded to gether she was a great person and always willing to lend a helping hand i can still see the smile on her face. let justice be done. do unto others as they would do unto you god bless her grandchildren and family
How will Dave Evans get a fair trial in Jackson? Everyone on the jury will know someone or be related to someone involved in the trial. Everyone has already made up their minds.
family member ohio

Painesville, OH

#55 Jan 19, 2010
I dont understand why jackson county isnt gettin more involved in the the jerry denney murder. Everyone and anyone who knew jerry loved him and know that he would do anything for anyone. i know he has a daughter and grandkids that miss him dearly. All we want are answers, someone knows, it will come out and i hope who did this will fill all the pain and suffering that im going through now....
tiffany cattee

Painesville, OH

#56 Jan 19, 2010
Ginger Denney wrote:
I am also a daughter of jerry denney,me and my four kids miss him very much. As my sister said our dad was a very sick man, he didnt deserve what happened to him. He would do anything for anyone. I didnt have him much growing up, but over the past couple years we had grown very close, especially after he got sick. I miss him so much, all we want is answers, or at least some sort of lead. Let us all rest in peace....
Real Beebop

Atlanta, GA

#57 Jan 22, 2010
Ginger Denney wrote:
Those who control every little thing are the ones to be looked at. If someone donates money to various local organizations...schools...medi cal...etc... they would never be looked at. It's simple buy the town and you control it. Media...Real Property and of course those who are sworn to protect. This is not to say that every law enforcement person is on the take...just a few who can cover up. Lose evidence...stop investigations...determine if enough evidence is there to issue an arrest. Get the picture. Sure wish someone from outside would step in and clean it up. I'll stop for now
Real Beebop

Atlanta, GA

#58 Jan 22, 2010
sandi wrote:
<quoted text> there have been so many unsolved murders who will ever do anything about them who will be next
That Speakman name floated around years ago with the Wilma Simpson murder...any relation to the Speakman involved in the Evans case???
Look back people!
tired of it

Coshocton, OH

#59 Jan 28, 2010
I can't believe that they even had to have a trial. Everybody knows that he did it and i don't know why they are dragging it out. Shows you how much experience the jackson law enforcement has with these cases.

Location hidden

#60 Jan 28, 2010
Maybe that is part of the problem..you can't believe they even had to have a trial. If "everyone knows" he did it, what are we supposed to do? "Everyone knows" Mr. Vance was the killer. He even confessed and gave details of how he did it. He wasn;t even charged with the murder let alone stand trial. Does that make more sense to you? It sure doesn't to me.
Maybe this attitude of "everyone knows" is part of the reason the jury didn't have to deliberate very long. There seems to be something sad about the attitudes of people around here when it comes to justice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charla Dobson 2 hr Curious 1
How many parents are fed up with CLA? (Jun '11) 5 hr parent 89
Female Teacher? Wellston? 7 hr Mikeeeee 10
Dunn case 9 hr creeped out 5
Where did ya go Ryan Ervin... 10 hr Michelle 2
Lonnie P. Jones 10 hr me 3
aaron bennington?? (Aug '14) 11 hr The truth 9
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web