City income tax
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
LoL

Detroit, MI

#1 Dec 13, 2017
Are these guys for real? Randy Evans schools heath and heath has an incomprehensible answer about people to young to vote?

HEY HEATH, IF U WERENT BLEEDING TAXPAYERS DRY WITH THE MAYOR JOB and "economic delopment" head maybe this community would have more to offer than the southern Ohio dope epidemic.

STOP USING SCAREMONGERING TACTICS ABOUT U WILL GET RID OF THE POLICE. HIRE AN ACCOUNTANT AND STOP STEALING, STOP DISRESPECTING THE VERY CONCEPTS THIS NATION WAS FOUNDED UPON (taxation without representation). U wanna talk about kids? BE A ROLE MODEL.

otherwise SIT DOWN already.
LoL

Detroit, MI

#2 Dec 13, 2017
No REALLY.... I would hate to think the head of economic devolopment and mayor got schooled by a school board member.

I read the story n thought... "Why didn't heath just argue that 'if I could get 50% fed funding to fix the city, like they did the schools, I wouldn't ask for a tax".

Instead heath babbled about kids who won't be able to get jobs (in part thanks to his policies or lack there of) wanting to pay a tax for cops. LOL.

WHAT KIND OF IDIOTS ARE WE ELECTING HERE FOLKS?!
LoL

Detroit, MI

#3 Dec 13, 2017
It disgusted me, him using kids as an example.

Frankly, kids TODAY are hurt by his policies, his councils policies.

It's like a slap in the face to reality.... n we are supposed to think he gets to play "role model"? GET REAL LOL

if my kid respected that I'd send them to military school. They CANT come out crazier than what I'm seeing "from pillars of the community".... Lol, theyay even end up President, at this rate SMH
LoL

Detroit, MI

#4 Dec 13, 2017
Oh and heaths rebuttal on 1k votes vs 6400 voters is trash too....

Mayor in Jackson for 20 years has hinged on a 1200 vote.

Plus the tax vote was done on a March "off vote season"... A typical council trick to get what they want, vote when less ppl vote and load the votes with ppl on ur side.

So..... That's the math on that. ;)
Greg

Logan, OH

#5 Dec 13, 2017
I like Randy. He is goofy but doesn’t really bother me. I’m not against a small income tax but would want it used to better streets, sidewalks and curbs. This being said the city needs to make some cuts and tighten the strings. Gotta do some on their end first.

Evans was a good board member.
LoL

Detroit, MI

#6 Dec 13, 2017
Yes.... An "off season vote" got enough to win mayor in a normal season.

The eligible voter pool IS 64-6500.... The ACTUAL voter pool is 3k AT MOST.

So thats another lie Mr heath told.
LoL

Detroit, MI

#7 Dec 13, 2017
Btw the "off season vote" that won... Was NO NEW TAX.

sounds like that maybe our new mayor and council ;)
LoL

Detroit, MI

#8 Dec 13, 2017
Randy is a joke. There is NO REASON for anyone to be both mayor and head of economic development. That IS a conflict of interest.

And when randy threatens us with "our kids will need cops" to cover his raise.... Yes that IS an issue, especially considering he hogged the development board when MAYBE, just MAYBE a new mind would have brought GOOD CHANGE here.

Bc frankly giving the same dude two says has SUCKED. so... Okay we can fix it... But NO he doesn't get to talk about what kids need in 20 years. He has SUCKED providing opportunity for yesterday's kids, time to MOVE ON. take his pension and GO.
LoL

Detroit, MI

#9 Dec 13, 2017
Oh I don't argue evans was a good school board member.

I'm arguing that heath is NOT a good mayor or rep and as such needs to move.

When I say heath hogged the econ dev board... Maybe , it seems, Evans should have had it.

Bc frankly heath doesn't understand the concepts of budgeting OR growth.

I was just saying the board did procure fed funding at that time (smart move), and the fact that heath couldn't jump on that shows his idiocracy imho
LoL

Detroit, MI

#10 Dec 13, 2017
N Greg... That's my point.... Gotta tighten the pursestrings...

We have a council (aside from Ron queen) and a mayor, a service director and a city budget-that COULD threaten our police budget-that needs to cut costs.

Fearmongering voters into a tax does not solve BAD MATH. we did this a few years ago .. and got screwed.... Under heath.... "3% a year utility costs raises- ull never see an income tax" ... And now HEATH asks for that?

We would have went income tax if we knew how bad it would get.
No new taxes- no cuts to cops. DO A BUDGET. ppl r sick of this nonsense. And sure ain't okay to give ya more, morons.
LoL

Detroit, MI

#11 Dec 13, 2017
At this point... They get a tax when we get our utilities cheaper. Because THAT WAS THE DEAL.

I ain't gonna say "givem a curb tax" bc I've seen where that WENT. lol
LoL

Detroit, MI

#12 Dec 13, 2017
I can name exact blocks of council's, mayors, and service director where the curb money ALWAYS GOES. for DECADES.

So if ya vote for that hope u live near a ringleader of the problems. LOL

Idk what to tell y'all after this sad showing heath gave. He's gonna bang his shoe on the table any meeting now....
pat

United States

#13 Dec 14, 2017
ANY member of council that votes FOR the same tax that voters just voted down should be RAN OUT OF TOWN

Jackson, OH

#14 Dec 14, 2017
the council is suppose to represent the citizens who already voted the income tax down, council needs to get their head out of heath’s as.
ex-council

United States

#16 Dec 14, 2017
Heath and Sheward need ran out of town for bankrupting the city!
no tax

United States

#17 Dec 14, 2017
only the people who work for the city are FOR this tax, call your council members and tell them NO before its too late!
LoL

Detroit, MI

#18 Dec 14, 2017
I'm sorry but u have more faith than I do in talking to them, "no tax".

Eric brown told us "you will have a tax, one way or another". Elliott walked out when questioned. As did heath and sheward.

If you think they won't hang up on u at best, tell u what you "need" at worst.... Go ahead, call them, good luck.

I think it's just time for most of them to follow Loretta into retirement.
LoL

Detroit, MI

#19 Dec 14, 2017
Let's be honest... If they listened on the street, listened in the meetings- noticed the protests both in real life and online....

U wouldn't need to call them. So if u think ur words in their ear can do more than THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY chanting it at them and calling them names as they currently are.... Please feel free to make ur calls.

The rest of us won't hold our breath. Lol
LoL

Detroit, MI

#20 Dec 14, 2017
PS the third reading is on the 18th I believe. Provided you want to make those calls :).

And don't forget- utilities raise January first again. Just in case ya forgot ;)
no!

United States

#21 Dec 14, 2017
agree that Heath and Sheward need to retire, but we need somebody to run for mayor besides Brown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danny Thomas Salyers (Jun '16) 1 hr MMP 12
city council 4 hr john 7
Southern Ohio Outdoors 4 hr Hunter 7
Does landlord or tenant pay for BB spray 7 hr mc 7
Jackson Amvets veterans club (Jun '12) 10 hr kite 17
wreck 11 hr ma 12
Amvets 12 hr Seth 27

Jackson Jobs

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages