First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned parent

Fairfield, CT

#1 May 9, 2010
Any news on the child that was hit by a van and airlifted yesterday in 60 acres? Soo sad.. Prayers are out to the family.. Keeping my fingers crossed that the child is okay!
Steve

Fairfield, CT

#2 May 9, 2010
i heard he passed.... not sure though just heard that from some local kids. I hope the driver finds out and gets what she deserves
Steve

Grayson, GA

#3 May 9, 2010
Ignorant S.O.B.
The child darted out in front of the driver. This is a horrible tragic accident. Kids unfortunately do that, and often times there is no reaction time to prevent from hitting whatever jumps out in front of you.
concerned parent

Fairfield, CT

#4 May 9, 2010
the driver was a mess at the scene.. neighbors told me she was sobbing uncontrollably.. the kids that were with the boy said that he was coming down a hill and couldnt stop.. the driver never saw him coming.,.. the pain is unimaginable for the parents and friends of this kid... if its true he passed,, so sad.
Steve

Fairfield, CT

#5 May 10, 2010
the police rules she was doing over 35 in a 25 mile per hour zone and that the ladys kid said her mom was talking to ''daddy'' on the phone when it happened..... makes you wonder what would of happened if she was doing the speed limit and was alert to her surroundings.
PJz

New York, NY

#6 May 10, 2010
do u know who the child was? how old? saw a police car near my neighbor's house yesterday - don't know if it was her son - horrible
Steve

Grayson, GA

#7 May 10, 2010
Steve
Lets be honest here. Even 50 MPH is not that uncommon in that development. I know of course you travel 25 MPH on the dot without going over a few MPH. My car sometimes idles faster than 25.
I know the woman involved in the accident and you will not find a more caring, loving Mother to kids than she is. She is absolutely devastated by this accident. I'm certain as is the friends and family of the boy.
I can't imagine the pain of knowing what happened and the inability to prevent it from occurring.
Have you ever had a animal shoot out in front of you that is traveling fast? It's scary, and sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent from hitting the animal. Imagine that being a child? Many peoples lives have been affected by this tragic accident forever.
Steve

Fairfield, CT

#8 May 10, 2010
did the child survive?
Kacey

Essex Junction, VT

#9 May 10, 2010
Steve wrote:
the police rules she was doing over 35 in a 25 mile per hour zone and that the ladys kid said her mom was talking to ''daddy'' on the phone when it happened..... makes you wonder what would of happened if she was doing the speed limit and was alert to her surroundings.
Funny, how do you know what the police found out? I was near the driver when the police repeatedly told her it was an unpreventable accident. I hope you are never in such a horrible tragic accident. This is devastating to the boy and his family as well as the driver and her family. You are ignorant.
concerned parent

Fairfield, CT

#10 May 10, 2010
all i know is the child was named steven and he was 8 yrs old... its so sad.. my son and his friends wont even ride thier bikes they are so scared.. which they should be.. u never know and an accident doesnt always happen to someone else.. unfortunately they are learning this lesson firsthand right know..
Still havent seen it in paper or even know the true status of the boy.. fingers crossed he is ok.
FatherJackson

Bridgeport, CT

#11 May 10, 2010
We were there as the child was taken away. He heard he passed. The drive is an older woman and is a mess. We all would be.
concerned parent

Fairfield, CT

#12 May 10, 2010
i couldnt imagine!
Top Notch

Brooklyn, NY

#13 May 10, 2010
Steve wrote:
Steve
Lets be honest here. Even 50 MPH is not that uncommon in that development. I know of course you travel 25 MPH on the dot without going over a few MPH. My car sometimes idles faster than 25.
I know the woman involved in the accident and you will not find a more caring, loving Mother to kids than she is. She is absolutely devastated by this accident. I'm certain as is the friends and family of the boy.
I can't imagine the pain of knowing what happened and the inability to prevent it from occurring.
Have you ever had a animal shoot out in front of you that is traveling fast? It's scary, and sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent from hitting the animal. Imagine that being a child? Many peoples lives have been affected by this tragic accident forever.
How would you know anything about this if you are recorded from being in Georgia??
Steve

Grayson, GA

#14 May 10, 2010
Told you I know the Woman and her Family. This is a very tragic event for both sides. Of course more devastating for the boy's family (no one knows with confirmation if he is even still alive). The whole thing makes me very sad. I have kids. I know the driver, her family. I can't imagine losing my child to something like this. A kid just being a kid....I can't imagine this unavoidable event happening while I drive through my neighborhood. I drive with increased awareness now. Stinking squirrels are always jumping out in front of my car. God forbid if a kid ever shoots out of a blind spot. I hope that I will be able to avoid it at all costs.
Steve

Grayson, GA

#15 May 10, 2010
Top Notch Yes people do actually leave NJ and live elsewhere. I know Jackson, Howell and Latewood very well.
Carrie

Bridgeport, CT

#16 May 11, 2010
i will tell u this I'm a parent of a 6 yr old and i never make her wear her helmet as of today I'm making her wear it i heard that he had massive head injury and is on his 3rd or 4th brain surgery.. I'm ashamed at my self for not making my child wear her helmet it could save her life if something were to happen ...i live here in 60 acres and i do drive 25 and 15 cause i know there are tons on kids people get so mad at me they ride my ass but i don't CARE ...
PJz

New York, NY

#17 May 11, 2010
I completely agree with you Carrie - I live in 60 Acres as well (don't know why I'm coming up under Somerset but...) I drive 15-25 around the complex as well - if people get pissed off I don't care - there are way too many kids on bikes, skateboards, Razors, etc. that come out of no where. It's those that don't live in the complex and are cutting thru & want to go 50-60 thru there that ride ur ass - they shouldn't be in there anyway! Too bad, maybe they won't go thru there anymopre! This is a horrible thing and my prayers go out to both families!
Kacey

Essex Junction, VT

#18 May 11, 2010
Thank you Carrie for the update and those of you that have also expressed concern for the driver. I am from out of state and was visiting my Mom in 60 Acres for Mothers Day. The driver is my sister-in law and was coming over to see me and my kids. There is no greater trajedy than what has happened to that boy and the pain his family must be experiencing. However, I can tell you that my sister-in law is a very loving , caring person and mother. Since the accident she has been beside herself and hospitalized. She has not been found at fault for this awful accident. Her children were not interviewed by the police and my brother was NOT on the phone with her at the time of the accident. Support and prayers should be with the little guy and his family, all I ask is that people like "Steve"in Jackson stop spreading misinformation and encouraging hate.
Lisa

Secaucus, NJ

#19 May 11, 2010
I was also at the scene ...as the driver...STEVE... is my sister-n-law. I don't believe I saw you there or saw the police offering any press releases to passers by. My neices were never interviewed by the police as they were traumatized by the events and quickly removed BY THE POLICE...away from the scene. My sister-n-law was NOT speeding...and she was not on her cell phone. The "daddy" is my brother...and I'M the one that called him and even told him about the accident. My brother is a sgt. in the police dept and on his way to work. He was not on the phone with her nor did he know of the accident until my call. My sister-n-law...STEVE...who you speak so kindly of...is not only a great mother..but a woman who had dedicated her life to helping special needs kids. She is a teacher of children that others can't reach. So this tradgedy is beyond devestating to her and she may never be the same. Her only thoughts to this day are of that young boy and his family. It wasn't her fault and while that has been proven by the police and eye witnesses...including the brother of the boy who was hit who was riding with him...this offers her no comfort. So STEVE..with all the wrong information and hateful comments...please cease spreading all the wrong info...it just adds to the pain of his family and ours.
concerned in jackson

Neptune, NJ

#20 May 11, 2010
I am so very sorry for the family of that little boy. I live in 60 acres and was walking with my granddaughter just after the accident happened. It was devastating to see his bicycle in the street and as for the driver of the car - my heart goes out to her. I did see her at the scene and she was inconsolable. Not even the fact that "it wasn't her fault" will make it any easier for her. I know this because my son was involved in a similar situation where he was the driver and it was "not his fault". It doesn't make it any easier to cope with. Please, Lisa, let your sister-in-law know that prayers are with her, also, as well as for the little boy and his family. If anyone has any news about this little boy, please let us know. Until then, we will pray for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI: Orthodox rabbi with Lakewood home hired 't... (Oct '13) 9 hr Swedenforever 2
Review: Ilease Auto Group (Aug '13) Oct 7 David 5
Spoiler Alert: How Templea s Cody Calafiore Did... Sep 25 Weasel 1
seeking others for class action against DYFS (Oct '06) Sep '14 harleystar0203 169
Review: MIZ Construction (Apr '13) Sep '14 plabo 4
Decomposed Lakewood body found in vacant houseD... Sep '14 Alex Libman 2
Aharon Sofer laid to rest in Israel Aug '14 Albert 1

Jackson News Video

Jackson Dating
Find my Match

Jackson Jobs

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance